[Ext] Glasser 3.5.2 - Add Vista Glass to Firefox 3.5 and 3.6

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bringo

Post by Bringo »

THIS IS AWESOME!!
Thank you your effort is very appreciated

I think this extension is going to make Vista users switch to Firefox.

Question: Is it possible to extend the Aero Glass to other Toolbars like The Tabbar's background?

Edit: Bug Found:- There is no Glass or Black Glass in Full-Screen mode (F11). Only Transparent background.
Last edited by Bringo on May 12th, 2008, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Recall

Post by Recall »

Bringo wrote:THIS IS AWESOME!!
Thank you your effort is very appreciated

I think this extension is going to make Vista users switch to Firefox.

Question: Is it possible to extend the Aero Glass to other Toolbars like The Tabbar's background?

Edit: Bug Found:- There is no Glass or Black Glass in Full-Screen mode. Only Transparent background.

That is not a bug, but rather default windows behavior, try it with office or IE and any other app, it will do the same.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
RedSign

Post by RedSign »

He doesn't mean the maximized window but the full screen mode than can be entered by pressing F11. This one is indeed broken as described.
bharuch2

bug: on maximization, the glasser parts turn non-transparen.

Post by bharuch2 »

I'm on vista FF3b5 with the black theme-->maximize = black. if I turn to "red" window borders and maximize --> dark non-transparent red.
sauronreaver

Re: bug: on maximization, the glasser parts turn non-transpa

Post by sauronreaver »

bharuch2 wrote:I'm on vista FF3b5 with the black theme-->maximize = black. if I turn to "red" window borders and maximize --> dark non-transparent red.

bharuch2: I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you are referring to the transparency turning a solid dark color when you maximize windows, this is default windows vista behavior. There is a tweak on the internet to disable this, and retain the transparency while maximized, but I haven't used it since I see no benefit in it.

I apologize if I misunderstood you.

-- Sauron
RedSign

Post by RedSign »

bharuch2 wrote:I'm on vista FF3b5 with the black theme-->maximize = black. if I turn to "red" window borders and maximize --> dark non-transparent red.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!
bharuch2

Post by bharuch2 »

sauronreaver wrote:

bharuch2: I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you are referring to the transparency turning a solid dark color when you maximize windows, this is default windows vista behavior. There is a tweak on the internet to disable this, and retain the transparency while maximized, but I haven't used it since I see no benefit in it.

I apologize if I misunderstood you.

-- Sauron

Thanks guys. I'm mind blown! Ok. So, let me read the rational for that!
i.of.the.storm

Post by i.of.the.storm »

Err, this works just like any other glass program... and pretty much all programs have the glass borders by default, so haven't you seen this behavior in other programs?
Aggressor

Post by Aggressor »

The addressbar is a little bit broken with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008051206 Minefield/3.0pre ID:2008051206

RedSign

Post by RedSign »

This is because Glasser is for Beta 5 only till now. But there's a fix: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 23#3352023
Aggressor

Post by Aggressor »

RedSign wrote:This is because Glasser is for Beta 5 only till now. But there's a fix: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 23#3352023

perfect! Thank you very much!
bj02454

white maximized text; menu background; other transparent ele

Post by bj02454 »

suggestion 1:
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #main-menubar>menu {
color: white !important; }

2:
menu, .menu-iconic-text {text-rendering: optimizeSpeed !important;}

3: possible to make AIOS, bookmarks bar, statusbar, tabbar transparent? Obviously user-selectable with an options panel. Perhaps just an options panel to make any element the user enters trans?
bj02454

fission

Post by bj02454 »

Any chance of integrating a fission-like effect?
i.of.the.storm

Post by i.of.the.storm »

You mean like this? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1951 That would be pretty nice I guess, but you could always just install that extension.
gdskp

Post by gdskp »

The CSS file for Windows Media Player no longer works for 3.0 RC 1.
Are there any fixes for it?