[Ext] Glasser 3.5.2 - Add Vista Glass to Firefox 3.5 and 3.6

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
there.is.only.xul

Re: [Ext] Glasser 3.5.2 - Add Vista Glass to Firefox 3.5 and

Post by there.is.only.xul »

FYI, I have been heartily at work on |2eason's all in one sidebar CSS on userstyles.org. Did quite the modification to it, adding exceltions so about:config and the awesome bar/omnibar were not affected, and I think I also pulled out a duplicate declaration that was there for no reason.

Did a bunch of quick touchups just now, See here.
Last edited by there.is.only.xul on August 24th, 2010, 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
there.is.only.xul

rist wrote:is posible to make sidebar text black and white shadow? i can only black text but shadow not work :/

Use text-shadow, separate each shadow with commas. I know |2eason used two "shadows" with 0x, 0y and 6 pixel blur radius.

Read. Analyze. learn. Else you'll get nowhere.
there.is.only.xul

Alright everyone, PM |2eason and ask him why his styles are not accessible. :P

No seriously. If it's because I took up the AIOS style I'll be pretty damn pissed.
makondo

Post by makondo »

I believe |2eason got himself a week off ... i think, not sure. But that could be a good reason for him to be p'ed and lock his files away.
there.is.only.xul

Dunno why he would be mad about it; I gave him due credit. Just because I am propagating and adding upon his code doesn't mean he should get peeved. Most of the stuff I have added were fixes to the interface, like, about:config retaining it's original look and the awesomebar with Omnibar and awesomebar dropdown not being altered by his style.

Little things he neglected (or didn't know, most likely) to add that a common user wouldn't be able to figure out. For goodness sake he should be thanking me!

Not like I stole his work and called it my own; For my glasser guide I retained his licenses in the code, which is really just commented CSS all the way through anyway.

I really did it initially as a backup in case he couldn';t pay the bills and crap; People wanting the glass stuff could go to userstyles.org and get it. But I'll be very pissed off if he is acting selfish because I decided to fix up his code.

EDIT: I would be more ashamed at him than pissed. I know he put a lot of work into the code. I'm trying to help people out. It's all I have been doing. If he decides to lock his files away, he's only hurting other people. But he's not hurting me in any way. If you're reading this |2eason, don't lock your stuff away to spite me; You're only doing more harm than good.
makondo

Post by makondo »

I suppose you misunderstood my post.
I said, he has been banned for a week (i think, if not forever). Has nothing to do with you. It was another thread and he p'ed off a mod. Personally, i disagree with the mod's reaction but that another matter and i won't discuss it.
So, most likely, you won't be able to get his files unless you saved them to your HD. You will not need them for Fx 4 anyway. So far, i don't. Except i still can't find a way to glass content. Hopefully, somebody will come up with an ext. or it will be possible when Fx4 comes out.
there.is.only.xul

makondo wrote:I suppose you misunderstood my post.
I said, he has been banned for a week (i think, if not forever). Has nothing to do with you. It was another thread and he p'ed off a mod. Personally, i disagree with the mod's reaction but that another matter and i won't discuss it.
So, most likely, you won't be able to get his files unless you saved them to your HD. You will not need them for Fx 4 anyway. So far, i don't. Except i still can't find a way to glass content. Hopefully, somebody will come up with an ext. or it will be possible when Fx4 comes out.

Well geez, I did misunderstand you. :P

Anyway, yeah. But Firefox 4 won't be for awhile for me. Mostly 'cause I need to wait on some extensions to be updated.

Then, it's time to hack it all over again. I'm sure a way will be found once a new version of Stylish is released as official 4.x material.

Also, I've worked hard on my kiosk profile. Nothing I have for it would work with 4.x. I hope when Firefox 4.x is released. an extension similar to, but more robust than NTT comes out of the woodwork.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Stylish is updated for the nightlies and works well. So is S-C. Most of my styles work but many need a small cleanup (like opacity: .99 has to go if glassing, not needed anymore. background: black has to be changed to none, etc. Oh, and popup is gone and needs to be changed to menupopup). But there things that i know people will go nuts about, like -moz-transform and -moz-transition, etc. It will be fun.
Set extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0pre to false in about:config and install Add-on Compatibility Reporter, helps with many exts. that i have. Of course, this is just out of curiosity, i have a fully loaded and well working 3.6.8 profile which is here to stay for a long time (at least until there's a way to glass the content again).
Leon-B

Post by Leon-B »

Is there a way to get the Glasser source code?
The svn on sleepingcats.org seems to be not accessible anymore. :-(