[Ext] Glasser 3.5.2 - Add Vista Glass to Firefox 3.5 and 3.6

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Tigerhacker

Post by Tigerhacker »

It seems that all text on the toolbar (as in the one with the back/forward, reload buttons) is not drawn properly on the glass using DWM making them a funny white/transparent colour making it impossible to read.
Any easy way to reproduce this effect is be customising the toolbar to display text only instead of icons.

Although if the button was moved to the menu bar (the one with file, edit... etc), it looks fine.

Can this be easily fixed ?
arknu

Post by arknu »

This should be the default Firefox look on Vista - great extension.

The identity button is, however, slightly messed up in the latest nightlies - this userchrome.css code should fix it.

Code: Select all

#identity-box
{
  margin:-1px !important;
 -moz-margin-start:-2px !important;
}

#identity-box > hbox
{
  border-left-width:1px !important;
}

Asbjørn
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

sauronreaver wrote:
theechap wrote:I'm probably being too picky but it looks like the "e" in File and the "p" in Help is slightly cut off in the menu. Otherwise, it is looking really good.

This is also bugging me a lot. At first I thought it was only me this was happening to, but then I realized that it is even in the screen shots posted in the first post. It also shows up in the search box, address bar and bookmark toolbar.

Is there maybe a way to fix this "cut-off" effect with a style sheet and Stylish, or is it hard coded?

PS: With every update I hold my breath for this to be fixed :0

I'm afraid this is a bug in Mozilla's render when using opacity or rounded borders on an element or it's parent. It was reported in Bug 363861. I am still looking to see if there is a work around, but no luck yet. I voted on the bug, maybe if more people do it may get fixed.
Sleeping Cats - My place on the internet.
jit8910

Menu Bar

Post by jit8910 »

I've installed this, and LOVE it, the only problem is, it's now quite what your preview picture has. My only problem is that I have the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.) acroos the top. Looks pretty lame. I can't figure out how to make my interface look like the one in your preview picture. Anybody got an idea?

Thanks,
Justin
Kudo

Re: Menu Bar

Post by Kudo »

jit8910 wrote:I've installed this, and LOVE it, the only problem is, it's now quite what your preview picture has. My only problem is that I have the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.) acroos the top. Looks pretty lame. I can't figure out how to make my interface look like the one in your preview picture. Anybody got an idea?

Thanks,
Justin

Try this http://userstyles.org/styles/6588

Good luck!
jit8910

Post by jit8910 »

THanks man. But It didn't really work. The picture was great, I mean, if I can't get rid of them, not looking at the big grey bar would be great. But as soon as I install stylish, most of the interface looses it's transparency and turns to a solid color. Not sure what's going on here. When I loaded the code provided, it didn't look like the picture, it was just almost all a turquoisy aqua blue color. HELP???
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

* Restored the NX compatibility bit... now using an NX compatible thunk.
* Now added the 64-bit thunk to the code... just need someone who can compile and test this.
roscoe1891

Post by roscoe1891 »

I really love Glasser - you have done an amazing job at achieving something I have been trying to obtain for around a year! I'm currently using it in Firefox 3 Beta 5. The thing is, I used to use the theme Vista-Aero in Firefox 2: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4988

The thing is, this theme isn't available for the great new beta, so I was wondering if it would be possible for you to modify Glasser to work in earlier versions of Firefox? This theme is great, but it doesn't seem as though there are any steps forward in making it work with Firefox 3x.

The two add-ons combined (your Glasser and the Vista-Aero Theme) would make a wonderful user experience, and I know many, not least of all me, would appreciate the overall package...

Thanks so much in anticipation...

Ryan
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

There will not be a release of Glasser for any version of Firefox earlier than 3. Previous version lack the ability to render over the glass frame correctly.
roscoe1891

Post by roscoe1891 »

ok then, thanks anyway...
Destian

Post by Destian »

With the latest Fx nightly I have a 2 or 3 pixel black border below my toolbars. Not sure what caused this but it only appears with Glasser enabled. I did not have this problem with the 20080427 nightly.

I am using Glasser 1.0.11
and
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008042806 Firefox/3.0pre ID:2008042806
Diago

Post by Diago »

Awsome! Thx a lot, this is quite some bling bling ;-)

I've taken the opportunity to tweak my theme on this.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

Well everyone, thanks to Julius Caro, there is a version of Glasser for x64 builds of Firefox.
RedSign

Post by RedSign »

I think the higlighted text in the url bar looks a bit odd to me. It seems to be a bit to thin. Here is a picture of what I mean:

Compare the higlighted Text in IE 7, it looks sharp and clean but in firefox with glasser it looks a bit jagged. Without glasser it looks fine in fx too.

As you can see I also have a black line under my bookmarks toolbar. It's only one pixel in height and only shown in the builds after 20080427.
ptmb

Post by ptmb »

arknu wrote:This should be the default Firefox look on Vista - great extension.

The identity button is, however, slightly messed up in the latest nightlies - this userchrome.css code should fix it.

Asbjørn

If you don't mind, I took the liberty of improving your code, fixing the thinner urlbar:

#identity-box[chromedir="ltr"]:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme){
  margin-left:-1px !important;
 -moz-margin-start:-2px !important;
}

#identity-box[chromedir="ltr"]:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme) > hbox{
  border-left-width:1px !important;
}

Also, a temporary fix for the black bottom (made in 5min).

#main-window:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme) #navigator-toolbox {
  margin-bottom: -1px !important;
}

#main-window:not(:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme)) #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar {
  margin-bottom: -1px !important;
}

EDIT: Second code edited, for fixing a similar padding/margin problem on classic (between nav-bar and bookmarks bar).