[Ext] Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.7.1 (07/02/10)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
supernova_00

[Ext] Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.7.1 (07/02/10)

Post by supernova_00 »

Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.7.1 - Works with Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 and later
Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.6.2 - Works with Firefox 3.6.*

Tired of going to History->Recently Closed Tabs just to undo a closed tab? Then this extension is for you! This extension allows you to undo closed tabs from a toolbar button. Click the image one time to undo the last closed tab...three times to open the last three closed tabs and so on. Click the drop down arrow to see the list of last previously closed tabs and select which one you would like to undo.

You can also undo closed tabs through the right-click context menu entry.

There is a option menu (Tools->Addons->Extensions) where you can edit the amount of closed tabs to remember, hide the history menu from the toolbar button, or remove the right-click context menu entry.

Important: You must add the button to whichever toolbar you want (Menu, Navigation, Tabs, Bookmarks toolbar) by going to View->Toolbars->Customize, then drag and drop the button anywhere on any toolbar.

Changelog
  • Updated extension to work with Firefox 4.0 Beta 1
  • Hovering over a closed item now shows the URL in the status bar
  • Removed code for a stationary tabbar button now that buttons can be added to any toolbar. Feel free to put the button where ever you want on any toolbar.
Download for Firefox 3.6: Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.6.2
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/uctb/
Issues (Bugs): Issue Tracking on Google Code
Screenshots: Toolbar button | Tab bar button | Right-click context menu entry

FAQs, downloads, screenshots, bug tracker can all be found at the UCTB project homepage located at http://code.google.com/p/uctb/

Other releases:
Download for Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 and later: Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.7.1
Download for Firefox 3.6.*: Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.6.2
Download for Firefox 3.5.x Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.5.1
Download for Firefox 3.0.x: Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.0.3
Download for Firefox 2.0.0.*: Undo Closed Tabs Button v2.0.0
Last edited by supernova_00 on July 2nd, 2010, 1:15 pm, edited 36 times in total.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

From previous thread:
hal9001 wrote:Automatically adds the tabbar button by defauly - which has NO menu.
Clears history menu even when option not set
plus I cannot add the toolbar button for some reason (won't drag in the 'customize' window since I installed the extension.

In short - for no it's a dud. Needs an urgent update.
Shame, version 2 worked beautifully on Firefox 2.0.0.14.
The tab bar button not having a history menu is by design for now. But the other issues sounds like you have issues not related to my extension. Can you try disabling your other extensions and see if everything works correctly with UCTB then?

tryforsure wrote:hey,
Nice add on, however, it interferes with another addon i use called basics (3.0.0.1) which adds a new tab button to the tab bar. I have disabled the tab button in "undo closed tabs" from appearing on the tab bar but basics still does not show up.

cheetrs

ps i'm using ff 3b5 on xp sp3
Yeah, I found that out about two days about when testing Aaron's extension to give it a review on AMO. I believe its a bug on my end and will check it out sometime this week and hopefully get an update out.
lapega

Can't make it work

Post by lapega »

Hi, I've installed the last version (3) in FF 3 beta 5 under Ubuntu Hardy, but I had to uninstall it because:
- the toolbar's customize window dont show the new button
- in the extension's preference window show a red error
- can't open more than two bookmarks at same time

I have tested on two PCs with Ubuntu Hardy, same error.

Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks in advance, and sorry about my bad english.

Pedro
supernova_00

Re: Can't make it work

Post by supernova_00 »

lapega wrote:Hi, I've installed the last version (3) in FF 3 beta 5 under Ubuntu Hardy, but I had to uninstall it because:
- the toolbar's customize window dont show the new button
Stupid question, but is it already on the toolbar from a previous version? Does the tab bar button show up? More troubleshooting for this below.
- in the extension's preference window show a red error
Sounds like a localization error, which locale are you using?
- can't open more than two bookmarks at same time
That sounds completly unrelated to my extension because my extension does not touch any bookmarking code

To further help troubleshoot all of the above issues, could you please set your homepage to about:blank, disable all but my extension, shutdown and start firefox, go to Tools->Error Console and paste any error codes here. Could you also list all of your other tab related extension? Thanks!
lapega

Re: Can't make it work

Post by lapega »

Stupid question, but is it already on the toolbar from a previous version? Does the tab bar button show up? More troubleshooting for this below.

When have installed the older version of UndoCloseTab(2) in Firefox 3 (using the hack to install all version of extensions) I can see the button, but when update to the new version of the extension, it disappear from the toolbar and from the toolbar's customize window

Sounds like a localization error, which locale are you using?

I have installed Ubuntu in spanish, but I don't know how to get the LOCALE specificly

could you please set your homepage to about:blank, disable all but my extension, shutdown and start firefox, go to Tools->Error Console and paste any error codes here. Could you also list all of your other tab related extension? Thanks!

This is the error I have in Error console when open FF:
-----
Error: entidad indefinida
Archivo Fuente: file:///home/pgauna/.mozilla/firefox/qk48m7as.default/extensions/undoclosedtabsbutton@supernova00.biz/chrome/content/tabbarOverlay.xml
Línea: 49, Columna: 11
Código Fuente:
<xul:toolbarbutton class="uctb-tab-button"
----

I have reinstaled the extension several times, and have tried in an empty installation of FF, same thing.

Thanks for your time.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Ok, well then it is definitely a localization problem. I downloaded the Quick Locale Switcher extension to test the es-ES (Spanish) translation and get the same errors as you along with the messed up toolbar. Let me see if I can fix it on my machine and maybe I can send you working files until I get an update out. I'm not sure why that locale seems to be the only one with an issue though out of the about 10 that I tried.

EDIT: DOH! My fault. I just noticed in the chrome.manifest file that I screwed up the line for es-ES

locale undoclosedtabsbutton es-ES chrome/locale/en-ES/

You can manually edit the chrome.manifest folder in your profile and can change the en to es and it would fix the problem. The chrome.manifest is located at file:///home/pgauna/.mozilla/firefox/qk48m7as.default/extensions/undoclosedtabsbutton@supernova00.biz/chrome.manifest edit it with a text editor.

I'll get a fix out for the next release.
lapega

Post by lapega »

Great!, it's working!! thanks thanks thanks!!!

The new position of the button is great, I love it.

Another thing, i am a web/graphic designer, and I am specialized in icons, would you like new versions of buttons to match FF theme in every OS?
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

lapega: Great to hear and yes please, that would be very nice! The icons now are a little dated.
lapega

Post by lapega »

supernova_00 wrote:lapega: Great to hear and yes please, that would be very nice! The icons now are a little dated.

Can you send me an e-mail address to lapega at montevideo dot com dot uy, so I can send you the icons?
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Issues (Bugs) can now be tracked or added, FAQ's, screenshots and other information now on Google Code. Please file any bugs here. Thank you!
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Version 3.0.1 Released - Works with Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 through 3.0pre

Fixed Issues:
    #1 - Spanish (es-ES) users get broken tab bar, no UCTB buttons
    #3 - Left tab overflow scroll box does not have a left border
    #4 - Right-click context label too far to the left

Open Issues

Please file any issues or enhancement requests here
orev

Post by orev »

Love the extension, couldn't live without it.

I've noticed that when using the toolbar button on Firefox 3.0 RC1, with "small icons", the undo close tabs icon forces the toolbar to get taller for all of the icons. It would be nice if it was the same size as the other toolbar icons, so it doesn't throw off the spacing.

Thanks!
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

orev: Thanks. It used to be the same size but now all of those icons are different sizes so I need to pick one that still looks the same height as the others. THe next version 3.0.2 has new icons, see if that helps when its released. I'll look into this mor thought to make sure its not anything to do with the css.
george27

Post by george27 »

FYI in FF3 if you are using TabMix Plus the UCTB buton doesn't appear in the Tab bar. TIA
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Version 3.0.2 Released - Works with Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 through 3.0.*

Fixed Issues:
  • New icons
  • Changed maxVersion to 3.0.*

Open Issues

Please file any issues or enhancement requests here