Lazarus (for Lost Form Recovery) 1.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
werehamster

Re: Lazarus (for Lost Form Recovery) 1.0

Post by werehamster »

Hi makondo,

Can you post a full screen screenshot please, I'm having some trouble figuring out what I'm looking at.
werehamster

Post by werehamster »

Hi makondo,

Hmmm,
how the bottom panel (custom button) is coded will say weather or not I can fix this bug.
Can you post links to the custom button xpi (I found two of them at AMO and I don't know which one your using). And also a link to the "bottom panel" button and/or code.

Cheers
Karl
makondo

Post by makondo »

Sure, Karl!
Here's the ext. - 3.0.1 is what i use. And here's the Bottom Panel button (the post is a bit broken but if you click on the button link, it will ask you if you want to install it).
The shots above are addons window with about:config in the bottom panel. The first one - a normal view. The second one is after i resized the bottom panel by moving the top splitter down. The black 'hole' is what i'm trying to figure out. It shouldn't be there. Normally, if i resize (to a smaller bottom panel), it just shows more of the main window. But now for some unknown to me reason it leaves that black gap. If i disable Lazarus, i have normal behaviour: i can resize the bottom panel up/down all i want and just like a sliding window, it will go up or down revieling the main window behind it without any black gap. I looked in DOMi and it said - lazarus-notification.
So, i came here :-)

Thanks for taking the time, Karl!
makondo

Post by makondo »

Here, i can change the bg color but i can't get rid of it, plus, i'm not sure what else might be effected:
#lazarus-notification { background: grey !important; }
Thomas.Weber

Post by Thomas.Weber »

it is completely broken in firefox 53. :(
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Is this still around, or is it still broken? This should be an integral part of Firefox!
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I don't know what's going on apart from the fact that since Ff53 came along it broke Lazarus completely. I don't know whether the extension is still supported even. It would be nice if someone could shed some light on the future of Lazarus.

In the meantime I'm using (imo) a poor substitute.
Cheers,
Keith
Thomas.Weber

Post by Thomas.Weber »

it's abandoned. another one. after quicksaver https://github.com/Quicksaver and others (example: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14745724) left the boat.

someone said he's gonna revive lazarus at https://github.com/lazarus-recovery/ori ... its/master

but so far he only managed to put the source up there, so no, i doubt it will go anywhere.

thanks mozilla, personally i'll stick to 52 ESR. after that, who knows? i'm getting tired of all that.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Thanks Thomas.Weber, I understand your feelings. Mozilla keep playing around with all things Firefox and it's not the browser it once was. For the moment I'll stick with it but I doubt for much longer. I've lost Cool Previews, Reminderfox and now Lazarus, 3 of my top ten extensions.

In the meantime I'm using Textarea Cache as a replacement for Lazarus and it works ok.
Cheers,
Keith
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Brummelchen wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... rea-cache/
was recommended in camp-firefox.de
That's the one I've been using since the demise of Lazarus and it's ok. I suppose it's better than ok really but I've been used to using Lazarus for years!
Cheers,
Keith