[Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
squall_leonhart

Re: [Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Post by squall_leonhart »

is that based on 4.3 or 4.3.1

4.3.1 doesn't work in Fx 3.6.10+
Ingo K.

Post by Ingo K. »

Alice latest release default_full_zoom_level-4.4pre.zip is compatible with FF 3 and FF4.
It just misses the compatibility information for FF 3.6.12
I just fixed this in my modified version.

(or edit chrome.manifest and append behind appversion=3.6.10
appversion=3.6.12)
squall_leonhart

4.4pre installs but is not functional.

it only works in FF4 since 3.6.9, i've verified this in clean profiles a number of times. the status icon and default zoom simply do not work.
Ingo K.

Post by Ingo K. »

As I said in my previous posting, you need to edit chrome.manifest to make it work with Firefox 3.6.10+ !

It really is compatible, it just won't work for you, because Alice forgot to add the compatibility information.
Add it yourself and you'll see that it works.
squall_leonhart

thats interesting, it works of course, but the 4.3 version didn't require it. prob because the chrome version support string is different.
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

Alice,
thank you for the upgrade to Full Zoom (version 4.4.7) :) .
I like the way the Zoom Level can now be customized to appear anywhere, like other icons.

I have two questions about the new version:
    1) Is it possible to center the Zoom level vertically in the Add-on bar?
    How it looks now (with some persona's):
    At high resolution the zoom level text is hard to read; especially if the zoom text color & the web page color match.

2) The following only shows up if the zoom level text matches the highlight color:
    Can this be fixed?
    It works with the default theme, since the zoom text is black & the hover over background is white.

Maybe a shadow effect around the text that is a different color than the hover over background color.
    Edit) This might be a stupid idea (I haven't thought through all the possible shadow colors yet :wink: ), but could the shadow color be derived by XOR'ing the background hover color with the zoom level text color (ex: White (FFFFFF) text XOR white background = Black shadow (000000) color; Or (default theme) Black text XOR White background = White shadow)?
Windows NT 5.1 XP SP3; Using latest Firefox & TB, release builds.. and Firefox.beta channel build candidates.
Testing with latest Nightly and Aurora builds.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

WhtDwrf wrote:Alice,
thank you for the upgrade to Full Zoom (version 4.4.7) :) .
I like the way the Zoom Level can now be customized to appear anywhere, like other icons.

I have two questions about the new version:
    How it looks now (with some persona's):
    At high resolution the zoom level text is hard to read; especially if the zoom text color & the web page color match.

This extension does not specify any font size and text alignment.
(i.e. Font size = depend on theme, alignment = depend on theme)

WhtDwrf wrote:2) The following only shows up if the zoom level text matches the highlight color:
Can this be fixed?
It works with the default theme, since the zoom text is black & the hover over background is white.

Maybe a shadow effect around the text that is a different color than the hover over background color.
Edit) This might be a stupid idea (I haven't thought through all the possible shadow colors yet :wink: ), but could the shadow color be derived by XOR'ing the background hover color with the zoom level text color (ex: White (FFFFFF) text XOR white background = Black shadow (000000) color; Or (default theme) Black text XOR White background = White shadow)?

This extension does not specify text color and background color and also hover/active state.
(i.e. color = depend on theme)

Thanks.
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

Alice, thank you for the explanation/response.

Edit) After your explanation I was able to use Persona's Expression to Modify the text shadow to black which definitely helped (if I only I knew the answer was sitting in the Icon next to your's #-o ), but with your help now I know.
Thanks again.
Helper7677

Post by Helper7677 »

Alice,

I am using Firefox 4b10 with Default FullZoom Level 4.4.7.

I placed the F100% button in the Add-ons Bar.
-Always shows F100%
-Right clicking does not toggle the button to Text (T100%), but does toggle the actual functioning
-I have my options set to "Change default mode to zoom text only" but always shows F100%
-Percentage never changes when zoomed

I depend on Default FullZoom Level and appreciate your continuing development and support.

I noted on the add-on page ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oom-level/ ) the following and am wondering why:
[NOTE]
1. I recommend the use of the NoSquint( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2592 ) addon instead of this.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Helper7677 wrote:Alice,

I am using Firefox 4b10 with Default FullZoom Level 4.4.7.

I placed the F100% button in the Add-ons Bar.
-Always shows F100%
-Right clicking does not toggle the button to Text (T100%), but does toggle the actual functioning
-I have my options set to "Change default mode to zoom text only" but always shows F100%
-Percentage never changes when zoomed

I depend on Default FullZoom Level and appreciate your continuing development and support.

I noted on the add-on page ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oom-level/ ) the following and am wondering why:

Sorry, I cannot reproduced your problem.
Are you using any other Add-ons and Theme? If so, please check which one conflict with this.

**Please try Default FullZoom Level 4.4.8:: Versions :: Add-ons for Firefox

Helper7677 wrote:
[NOTE]
1. I recommend the use of the NoSquint( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2592 ) addon instead of this.

NoSquint has much more function than this.
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

Alice,
thank you for the quick upgrade to Full Zoom (version 4.4.9) :) .

The fix to :arrow: looks great. :D
Now my old eyes can see the fine print :shock: :wink: .
Helper7677

Post by Helper7677 »

Alice,

I did not get an opportunity to test for conflicts with other add-ons or to try version 4.4.8.

I just installed version 4.4.9 and the problem is fixed!!

Note: I have previously tried NoSquint. There were many functions in NoSquint in which I am not interested and I like the simplicity of Default FullZoom Level.

Thanks again for the continuing development and support of this great extension.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

Alice: There's no problems with DFL 4.49 on OS X, so why dropping support? Just installed it and tried:)
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

DMCrimson wrote:Alice: There's no problems with DFL 4.49 on OS X, so why dropping support? Just installed it and tried:)

I do not have OSX...
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

Aye, but that doesn't necessarily mean that your extension doesn't work on OS X - Default FullZoom Level works as intended:) Anyhow, one can always install it from Linux-xpi...