[Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
squall_leonhart

Re: [Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Post by squall_leonhart »

thats not a fault with default full zoom.
eltomassito

Post by eltomassito »

I think it is. If Default FullZoom Level is disabled problem doesn't occur.
Demarest

Post by Demarest »

I was using a fresh install of Firefox 12.0 on a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I installed this addon and lost my ability to ctrl+wheel to zoom in and out. I removed the addon and still could not zoom in and out with ctrl+wheel. I completely uninstalled Firefox, telling it to also remove all my settings. I reinstalled Firefox 12.0 and cannot zoom in or out with ctrl+wheel. Please tell me what the addon changed to kill that default operation in a way that persists through a browser reinstall.

[EDIT]
Nevermind. It is mysteriously suddenly working as it should. The only thing I did in the interim is use ctrl+num+/num- to zoom in. Now ctrl+wheel works as it should. Please disregard.
ghostgun

Post by ghostgun »

Does this plugin make a website use the whole screen to display itself?
SouzaRM

Post by SouzaRM »

Thanks to the author of the extension. :)
It would be very important a hotkey for the auto fit to window. [-o<
Thanks! :P

=D> =D> =D>
tcordes wrote:Hi WhiteAlice0775! Great add-on! My many thanks to you.

I just spent a night hacking it to suit my needs. Maybe yourself and others would be interested in my changes? Here's what I did:

new features I made:

- fits to height as well as width

- recalcs the auto-fit on subsequent pages on the same site, including when going back or reloading

- waits until all images loaded before figuring out auto-fit size

- if things take >250ms to load, it auto-fits multiple times to ensure final all-loaded page is properly auto-fitted

- coalesces events that trigger resizes into a "debounce" function so only 1 resize attempt occurs every 250ms

- tweaked site-remembering code to not remember the zoom level, but to remember whether auto-fit is set
(well, zoom level manual set might work too, but I didn't care and didn't test)

- force a redraw of page into resetted (1.0 zoom) mode before figuring out auto-fit zoom as otherwise firefox returns different values of hw/dw, etc, on subsequent loads (img reloads, ajax reloads, manual hitting-reload-button). This ensures the same, perfect zoom each time. Fixes the bug that caused the zoom to decrement 5% each time you hit reload.

- other tweaks/fixes

I don't really deeply understand any of this JS/DOM stuff so all this is very hacky/kludgy!! However, it works 100% great in my tests so far, except for 1 unexplained Xorg 10s freeze on 1 certain site.
Kindaro

Post by Kindaro »

Hi Alice.
An excellent add-on.
A shame it doesn't work well with Tile Tabs.
Perhaps you could do something about it?
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

Alice, thank you for your great extension, I use it all the time.

FWIW, though the latest nightly seems to have problems working with 'Default FullZoom Level'.

With the latest nightly: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0 ID:20121031030750,
all the zoom levels with the tabs I have, are reset to zero (100%) each time the nightly is restarted, (since the zoom levels are stored by Firefox [Nightly], this could be a Bug with the latest Nightly).

The problem is, even if I reset the zoom level using 'Default Full Zoom Level 4.6.1 (DFZL)', if the the zoom level is reset correctly* (*see Example below), the new zoom level is no longer displayed by 'D.F.Z.L. 4.6.1' on the screen, 100% displays instead...

Also the following three error messages display on the error console:
    The following error is displayed twice in a row:
    Timestamp: 10/31/2012 1:37:54 PM
    Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS: Not enough arguments [nsIContentPrefService.setPref]
    Source File: chrome://defaultfullzoomlevel/content/browserOverlay4.js
    Line: 24

I also see:
    Timestamp: 10/31/2012 1:45:08 PM
    Error: [Exception... "Not enough arguments [nsIContentPrefService.getPref]" nsresult: "0x80570001 (NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://defaultfullzoomlevel/content/browserOverlay4.js :: FullZoom_onLocationChange :: line 358" data: no]
    Source File: chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml
    Line: 404

Edit) *Example for above:
    Setting the zoom level on the 'Add-ons' page using 'Fit to Window' no longer works.
    'Default FullZoom Level' tries to set a zoom level, but it leaves the level unset, and the 'Add-ons' page is blank.

Hopefully this problem is a Bug fix that landed last night, but I am not sure about the 'Error console' messages being generated by 'Default FullZoom Level'.

Edit) I see you are already working on fixes (version went from 4.6.1 to 4.7 already 11/01/2012).
Thank you for your continued support, of 'Default Full Zoom Level'. :)
Windows NT 5.1 XP SP3; Using latest Firefox & TB, release builds.. and Firefox.beta channel build candidates.
Testing with latest Nightly and Aurora builds.
Helper7677

Post by Helper7677 »

11/20/2012
RESOLVED

Problem seems resolved after update to DFZL 4.9 (with Firefox 17.0b6)

-------------------------------------------------------

Problem with Firefox 17.0b3 and DFZL 4.7. Does not seem to occur with Firefox 16.0.2 (separate profile).

Set to F150% (or any other) by right-click, scroll Add-on Bar icon
*Problem 1: Leave tab and return later to find it reset to T100% without user interaction
*Problem 2: Reload the tab (Ctrl+F5) and it resets to T100%

Both problems are intermittent; does not occur everytime.
Occurs on various sites.

{FOLLOW UP ADDITIONAL INFORMATION}

Have experimented with Firefox 16.0.2 and Firefox 17.0b4 (updated since previous post).

The problem seems to be with the pref extensions.browser.zoom.fullZoom.Textmode
  • My understanding of this preference is the state (text or full) when starting Firefox or opening a new tab. I prefer to always start in text only zoom (true).
  • default = false

Identical list of extensions/versions in Firefox 16.0.2 and Firefox 17.0b4.

In Firefox 16.0.2
  • with pref extensions.browser.zoom.fullZoom.Textmode set to true or set to false, the problem does not occur
In Firefox 17.0b4
  • with pref extensions.browser.zoom.fullZoom.Textmode set to false, the problem does not occur
  • with pref extensions.browser.zoom.fullZoom.Textmode set to true, the problem does occur
Ron344

Can you simultaneously zoom page and text?

Post by Ron344 »

I really like your add-on. However, it appears that you have the choice of zooming the page or text but not both. I would like to zoom the page and then adjust the text. But when I try this the page zoom reverts to the default. Is there a way for me to adjust both simultaneously?

Thanks,

Ron
blizhu

Post by blizhu »

Hello, I just installed this addon on firefox 18.0. The auto fit to window width feature never works. Do you know why? Thanks.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

blizhu wrote:Hello, I just installed this addon on firefox 18.0. The auto fit to window width feature never works. Do you know why? Thanks.

It depend on DOM and CSS of the page.

If you want to Opera like "fit to window width", the following bookmarklet might help you.

Code: Select all

javascript:(function(){function%20t(f){a=d.createNodeIterator(d,1,f,false);while(a.nextNode()){}}var%20d=document;var%20c=d.createElement('style');c.setAttribute("type","text/css");d.documentElement.appendChild(c).textContent='*:not(embed):not(applet){max-width:100%;white-space:normal;}img,[type="image"]{height:auto!important;}';t(function(e){x=e.offsetLeft;l=e.offsetParent;while(l!=null){x+=l.offsetLeft;l=l.offsetParent}var%20w=d.documentElement.clientWidth-x;var%20s=e.style;if(s.marginLeft)w-=s.marginLeft;if(s.marginRight)w-=s.marginRight;if(s.paddingLeft)w-=s.paddingLeft;if(s.paddingRight)w-=s.paddingRight;if(s.borderSize)w-=s.borderSize;w-=d.defaultView.innerWidth-d.documentElement.offsetWidth;if(e.tagName=='IMG'){h=e.clientHeight*w/e.clientWidth;s.maxHeight=h}s.maxWidth=w+'px'})})();
alexeic

Post by alexeic »

Hello, could somebody please confirm whether the extension is functional on Firefox 19? It seems to no longer change the zoom level automatically.

After Firefox update, I'm back to extremely inconvenient default behavior requiring manual zooming after each navigation. Thank you.
kdv666

Post by kdv666 »

Same problem here in firefox 19 running under linux. It no longer gives the preferred zoom level, it keeps jumping back to 100%. Plus the little "F" icon on the tool bar displays 100% even after it's been changed manually back to another level.
alexeic

Post by alexeic »

This might be related to above two reports:

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 04/23/2013 08:10:48 PM
Error: [Exception... "Not enough arguments [nsIContentPrefService.setPref]"  nsresult: "0x80570001 (NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://defaultfullzoomlevel/content/browserOverlay4.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 24"  data: no]
Source File: chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml
Line: 404
alexeic

Post by alexeic »

Re my posts above: nevermind, I think my extension was not up-to-date. Everything works as expected after update (v5.8, Firefox 20).