[Ext]Go Parent Folder

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
active4

Re: [Ext]Go Parent Folder

Post by active4 »

Great extension. Noticed that after you click Go Parent Folder on a bookmark that when you right click on it that 'Properties' is greyed out because parent folder is also selected. Doing Ctrl+Z doesn't deselect the parent folder.
thornburgh

Post by thornburgh »

I find that if I use this to find a bookmark and then delete that bookmark, Firefox becomes unresponsive for a few seconds and then deletes many bookmarks other than just the one I selected, maybe even a whole folder.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

active4 wrote:Great extension. Noticed that after you click Go Parent Folder on a bookmark that when you right click on it that 'Properties' is greyed out because parent folder is also selected. Doing Ctrl+Z doesn't deselect the parent folder.
thornburgh wrote:I find that if I use this to find a bookmark and then delete that bookmark, Firefox becomes unresponsive for a few seconds and then deletes many bookmarks other than just the one I selected, maybe even a whole folder.

Did you use version 1.9?
Did you check the option "Disable select parent folder in Sidebar"?
tofix67

Post by tofix67 »

Hi Alice0775

Nice tool for working with great bookmark libaries.
It would be nice to get a GERMAN (de-DE) translation, after the project stop of "erweiterungen.de" :cry: . If I could, I would to it.
Alice0775 please contact them. They did it in the past. Or use "Babelzilla"!? :roll:

Ore send the *.dtd to me and I will send it back to you - translated 8-[
..and you could integrate it in your locals =D>

Thanks for all German speaking users.

Tom, from Austria
Tom, Tirol, Austria
Cel123

Post by Cel123 »

i use Go Parent Folder extensively, but always seem to have to right click on the link and then choose Go Parent Folder in my bookmarks sidebar search results.

it would make life a lot easier if there was a keyboard shortcut? is there one? if not, would it be possible to add one?
or some mouse button combination, i dont knwo what is free, the left and right mouse buttons pressed together on the link?
or alternatively a mouse and keyboard combinattion, again im not sure what is free, ctrl pluse mouse clikc?

cheers.
thanks for a great extension!
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Cel123 wrote:i use Go Parent Folder extensively, but always seem to have to right click on the link and then choose Go Parent Folder in my bookmarks sidebar search results.

it would make life a lot easier if there was a keyboard shortcut? is there one? if not, would it be possible to add one?
or some mouse button combination, i dont knwo what is free, the left and right mouse buttons pressed together on the link?
or alternatively a mouse and keyboard combinattion, again im not sure what is free, ctrl pluse mouse clikc?

cheers.
thanks for a great extension!

Sorry, i have no plan to add such function now.
Pls try to use
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7372
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/55977
Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Hello Alice0775,

I love this extension. It is one of the most important of all addons.
Really, it should be a core feature of Firefox but for some inexplicable reason in the many years it has never been included. Thank you very much for creating it. Without it I would have to leave Firefox.

I have one request: Is it possible for a user to change the location of "Go Parent Folder" in the right click menu?
Currently this option is located at the bottom of the menu right below "Delete". This means if Firefox lags slightly, or the user makes an error, the bookmark may easily be accidentally deleted. If user could select to move "Go Parent Folder" to the bottom of the top group in the right click menu (for example), the worst that could happen is that the bookmark would be opened in a new tab.

Please let me know if this could be easily implemented. Thanks.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Cotter wrote:Hello Alice0775,
I have one request: Is it possible for a user to change the location of "Go Parent Folder" in the right click menu?
Currently this option is located at the bottom of the menu right below "Delete". This means if Firefox lags slightly, or the user makes an error, the bookmark may easily be accidentally deleted. If user could select to move "Go Parent Folder" to the bottom of the top group in the right click menu (for example), the worst that could happen is that the bookmark would be opened in a new tab.

Please let me know if this could be easily implemented. Thanks.

Please use -moz-box-ordinal-group. ( https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/-m ... inal-group )
Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Alice0775 wrote: Please use -moz-box-ordinal-group. ( https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/-m ... inal-group )

Please let me know which file I should change in order to do this. Thank you.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Cotter wrote:
Alice0775 wrote: Please use -moz-box-ordinal-group. ( https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/-m ... inal-group )

Please let me know which file I should change in order to do this. Thank you.

Because I cannot explain it well, please ask you the question here Firefox Support.
airolg

Deleting bookmark deletes entire folder

Post by airolg »

I think I've found a bug:
I'm using Firefox 11.0 with the "Go Parent Folder" add-on, on an iMac running OS X 10.5.8. When I search my bookmarks, then go to the parent folder, and then delete that particular bookmark, the entire parent folder gets deleted, not just the one bookmark. It's now happened twice.
Alice0775

Re: Deleting bookmark deletes entire folder

Post by Alice0775 »

airolg wrote:I think I've found a bug:
I'm using Firefox 11.0 with the "Go Parent Folder" add-on, on an iMac running OS X 10.5.8. When I search my bookmarks, then go to the parent folder, and then delete that particular bookmark, the entire parent folder gets deleted, not just the one bookmark. It's now happened twice.

I think this is not a bug.
Because, after carried out "Go Parent Folder", the focus(selection) is in the parent folder.
So, the focused(selected) item(the parent folder in this case) will be deleted when you perform "Delete" command.
airolg

Post by airolg »

Alice0775 wrote:

Because, after carried out "Go Parent Folder", the focus(selection) is in the parent folder.
So, the focused(selected) item(the parent folder in this case) will be deleted when you perform "Delete" command.
Alice0775, thanks for replying, and thanks for your very logical explanation.
I'm sure that in the past I've successfully deleted a single bookmark from "Go Parent Folder" - this deleting the whole folder just started happening. I guess I'll just have to be careful about how I delete bookmarks from here on.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

airolg wrote:
Alice0775 wrote:

Alice0775, thanks for replying, and thanks for your very logical explanation.
I'm sure that in the past I've successfully deleted a single bookmark from "Go Parent Folder" - this deleting the whole folder just started happening. I guess I'll just have to be careful about how I delete bookmarks from here on.

Anyway, I will modify the extension to prevent that a folder was deleted without intending..
airolg

Post by airolg »

Anyway, I will modify the extension to prevent that a folder was deleted without intending..

Alice, that would be wonderful! "Go Parent Folder" is such a helpful add-on - I use it all the time. Thanks so much!