[Theme] Phoenity Next (formerly Phoenity Reborn)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Xavius

Re: [Theme] Phoenity Reborn (for Firefox 3)

Post by Xavius »

berbae wrote:I agree with the preceding post, I even went back to the old release to find again the look I like.
I also prefer to have the https addresses in yellow in the address bar.
Apart from that I really like this theme, it's the one I prefer, but I am annoyed not to be able to update it anymore.
I hope something will be done to at least be able to choose the preferred look.
Thanks in advance.

I'm working on it :)
kindofabuzz

Post by kindofabuzz »

just thought i'd mention this even though it doesn't pertain to just this theme. but this theme is one of few that causes what i wrote in this post here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=698115
Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Xavius

Post by Xavius »

@kindofabuzz: this bug occours because the theme was born on Windows, so there are some nasty, little bugs using it with others OS, and it's not easy to remove them all, without having that OS (I'm a gret linux fan and user, but for now and for a lot of reasons, I don't have a linux distro right now)

@all: please try the next version (0.8.100). It will be public soon :)

@mac users: report me if the scrollbars are ok

thanks ;)
PHPDev

Post by PHPDev »

I'm running 10.5.3 and the scrollbars as of 0.8.100 (which just updated about 5 seconds ago) appear to be working ok... If there is anyway I can help with the header issue, please let me know. I don't know crap about FF code at this point.

Thanks
PHPDev
InvaderElmo

Post by InvaderElmo »

I notice that the recent changes fixed all scrollbar-related issues on the Mac. Thanks for that.

There is still the issue of the back/forward button having extra dropmarkers, though this isn't limited to your theme. One theme that seems to have fixed the problem is classic compact. They mention some things they used to correct the issue in the Classic Compact thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=635088&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30 (I'm not brainy enough to know how to apply this myself).

If this helps it will eliminate the last niggling issue I have with this theme. All will be right in the world.
SlimShady

Post by SlimShady »

The folder icons (open & closed) are pretty much the same.
Could you 'open' the icon to distinguish them and making it more obvious?
berbae

Post by berbae »

Thank you Xavius, I like your new version 0.8.100, everything has the look I like now.
Firefox 3 is so more beautiful with your theme.
Nice work !
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Thanks for the new version. Seems like I'm gonna switch back to Phoenity now. :)
Fyrefrog

Post by Fyrefrog »

I'm having a problem with this (and other) themes that I haven't seen anyone discuss yet. Using two different Macs running Mac OS 10.4.11, FF3, Phoenity Reborn 0.8.100, the Back, Forward, and Reload buttons aren't next to each other. Instead they are seperated by drop-down arrows for the Back and Forward buttons. Like I said, I've run into this problem with other themes for FF3 attempting the same effect. The default FF3 theme looks just fine, btw.

Here's a screen grab: Image
InvaderElmo

Post by InvaderElmo »

That's exactly what I was referring to, Fyrefrog. Thanks for the great screen grab. From what I understand it is because a lot of themes are based on a specific bit of code that ends up not being compatible with Macs anymore. There has been some discussion on how to fix it in other themes, and I've tried to put in a link where Classic Compact mentioned their fix for it (assuming I understood what they were talking about over there).
Fyrefrog

Post by Fyrefrog »

InvaderElmo wrote:That's exactly what I was referring to, Fyrefrog....There has been some discussion on how to fix it in other themes, and I've tried to put in a link where Classic Compact mentioned their fix for it....

Thanks, InvaderElmo. I didn't see your post when I was scanning this topic. :oops: I'm definitely not sophisticated enough to be able to take the various CSS and XML fixes they recommend and apply it to this theme. But, hopefully it's good food for thought for Xavius.

@Xavius: Thanks for the great theme, so far. It really is a winner!
Hagar800

Post by Hagar800 »

Has anyone else had a problem using Phoenity? I download it with Firefox 3 and restart and all I get are two green arrow's but no Phoenity.

This occurs on all three of my computers. Two are fresh rebuilds. I have a laptop and two desktops.

The only theme that seems to work and is a Firefox 3 theme called Aero Silver Fox.

Anyone?
SlimShady

Post by SlimShady »

Check your extensions. Disable some of them to see if they conflict with the theme.
Fyrefrog

Post by Fyrefrog »

SlimShady wrote:Check your extensions. Disable some of them to see if they conflict with the theme.

I'm not running any add-ons.
Hagar800

Post by Hagar800 »

Well I disabled all extensions and all add on's. Still can't change theme to anything other then Aero Silver Fox.

Strange, three computers, three different builds, all XP Pro, all with Zonealarm, hmmm maybe? nahhhh

Puzzle I tell you, its a puzzle ](*,)