[Ext] URL Flipper 3.1.1: Decrement/Increment URLs

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] URL Flipper 2.2.0: Decrement/Increment URLs

Post by Peuj »

I think I understand know what you mean by use case.
I'm old user of "Location Navigator" and this addon as a "return to..." button that's why I miss it with UF. :)

My use case will be to navigate up then, starting the initial spot, be able to navigate down.
In my point of view, using the Back button (with right click or not) is a solution but only if you have not navigated up too much.

Thanks
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

Peuj wrote:My use case will be to navigate up then, starting the initial spot, be able to navigate down.

That's a good use case, and one that will be addressed by the "increment/decrement from origin" function added by bug 139 (3.0.0b4 contains this new feature, if you want to try it out).
My addons: NoRedirect | QuickDrag | URL Flipper | TabSubmit
Developers: Make sure to test your addons for RTL compatibility!
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

kliu0x52 wrote:..3.0.0b4 contains this new feature, if you want to try it out).

Perfect!!

Thanks
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

More a cosmetic issue but about the functionality "When a part of the location bar is selected, suppress the dialog":
On my computers are can see the dialog box appearing then disappearing like a ghost. :)

Thanks
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

Peuj wrote:More a cosmetic issue

That's because the validation functions are located in the dialog. You'll notice that the quick-inc/dec commands have always had this same behavior too. It's just a minor cosmetic issue with no effect on usability, so it's not high on my to-do list. I'll look into reorganizing the functions to get rid of this in some future version.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

OK thanks for the information.
kliu0x52

Re: [Ext] URL Flipper 3.0.0: Decrement/Increment URLs

Post by kliu0x52 »

Finally, 3.0.0 3.0.1 has been released. With a lot of really cool changes. Thanks for all the feedback that people sent during the beta period. :)

2009/05/10 - 3.0.0/3.0.1 (3.0.1 fixes a last-minute bug in 3.0.0)
  • [Bug #121, #137, #140] Improved the UI and behavior of the redirect suppression (the redirect suppression code developed for URL Flipper can also be found in the new NoRedirect extension).
  • [Bug #123] URL Flipper now supports SeaMonkey 2.
  • [Bug #125, #126, #133] URL Flipper will now remember all patterns, across different browser windows and, in Gecko 1.9+, different sessions.
  • [Bug #127, #152] URL Flipper can now skip past bad/missing URLs, based on the HTTP response code of the request.
  • [Bug #128, #136] Improved the behavior and usability of the pre-selection feature introduced in 2.2.0.
  • [Bug #129] Arrow, directional and function keys can now be used for shortcut key sequences, and the default sequences have been changed to use arrow keys.
  • [Bug #132] URL anchors (#) are now ignored for URL pattern matching and identification.
  • [Bug #139] The URL Flipper toolbar buttons now support command modifiers: Alt+Click will attempt to suppress the pattern dialog, Shift+Click will force the pattern dialog to be shown, Ctrl+Click will invoke the action from the first index in the sequence instead of the current index (this would, for example, make it easier to explore the URLs below a certain index after having explored all the URLs above that index), and a Middle-Click will perform the command in a new tab.
  • [Bug #153] Three parameterless public functions—UrlFlipperDec, UrlFlipperInc, and UrlFlipperClear—have been introduced to make it easier to invoke URL Flipper from other extensions (e.g., a mouse gestures extension).
Known Issues
  • [Bug #134] The German and Turkish translations need to be updated.
  • [Bug #135] It would be nice if URL Flipper had prettier toolbar buttons (help wanted).
Shale

Re: [Ext] URL Flipper 3.0.1: Decrement/Increment URLs

Post by Shale »

Since the update, the URL Flipper window pops up every time I press an arrow key, page up, page down, home, end, enter, insert, tab or the space bar. I've changed the shortcut keys - no effect.
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

Shale wrote:Since the update, the URL Flipper window pops up every time I press an arrow key, page up, page down, home, end, enter, insert, tab or the space bar. I've changed the shortcut keys - no effect.

Yea, that's a bug that did not show up in my testing b/c it was triggered under conditions that were not present on my setup; it was fixed in 3.0.1, which I released a few hours after 3.0.0 went public.
Shale

Post by Shale »

Huh, I thoguht I had 3.0.1. Sorry to bug (har har) you, then.
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

I was hoping that not too many people grabbed 3.0.0 in the few hours before the bug was caught and fixed, but some people did get the buggy version, and for that, I apologize.
Horrabin

Post by Horrabin »

Been using URL Flipper for quite some time. However, with a fresh Firefox 3.5.3 installation in Win 7 64-bit I get:
Firefox could not install the file at
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ddondetail
because: Unexpected installation error
Review the Error Console log for more details.

Error: e.location.getItemLocation(e.id) is undefined
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js
Line: 4116
(which contains " var itemLocation = e.location.getItemLocation(e.id).QueryInterface(Ci.nsILocalFile);"
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
itanshi

Post by itanshi »

I have been using this and I like it quite a bit, but besides no native compatibility (forcing it seems OK) with the latest FF 3.6, I cannot seem to clear the current formula. I have a URL that has a =1 value but the increment makes it go to =200 instead of =2. With research, i need to clear the formula, but the current ctrl+shift+s is used by another program. I changed it to ctrl+' and it does nothing. Thanks.
kwags

Post by kwags »

Thanks for this wonderful extension, kliu0x52.

Is UF open source? If so, where can I download the UF source? I have some features that I wish to add for my users that would not be appropriate for the main UF add-on.

Thanks.