[Ext] MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4 (11-9-09)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
loveleeyoungae

Re: [Ext] MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.1 (aka Local Install) (6-18-08)

Post by loveleeyoungae »

I wanna localize MR Tech Toolkit into Vietnamese (vi). Can you add support for it?
_development

Post by _development »

Hi mel!
I want to ask if it would be possible to add a "Save to.." button in the "add-on installation prompt" next to "Install now "button.
In some rare case install buttons come from a "submit form button", so no way of download the add-on by clicking somewhere.
Also it will be cool to easy download the add-on from the install prompt.
Many thanks!

PD: In the "sort add-ons by installation date" will be good to get the first sort reversed, because I press the button to see the latest installed extensions.. ;)
regards, tito
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FYI: There is an Archive XPI entry in the context menu when hovering over the addons.mozilla.org (AMO) link to install an extension. Click it before clicking to install the extension and it will be saved to the folder specified in the General > Archive tab of Toolkit Options. (For themes there is an Archive JAR entry instead of Archive XPI.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
_development

Post by _development »

FYI: addons.mozilla.org (AMO) is NOT the only place where I can download an add-on.
Thanks I now about that contextMenu entry.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

_development wrote:FYI: addons.mozilla.org (AMO) is NOT the only place where I can download an add-on.
Thanks I now about that contextMenu entry.

The appropriate context menu items will be available so long as the link to install is to an XPI or JAR file regardless of the file's location (AMO or another site).
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
_development

Post by _development »

Please read carefully
_development wrote:....In some rare case install buttons come from a "submit form button", so no way of download the add-on by clicking somewhere.

Thanks! :!:
_development

Post by _development »

Some more ideas:
- hide/remove the "Get Add-Ons" tab in the Extension Manager.
- Allow users to disable 'secure update check' "Does not provide secure updates"
XDS

Post by XDS »

@ _development ,

For your second request , I believe that would be the extensions.checkUpdateSecurity about:config preference.

Not sure this is a good idea just yet , I think there still needs to be some more education on this subject in general. :x :roll:
Regards,
~
CrackTipe

Post by CrackTipe »

Great extension, but I think I've found 2 bugs.

1. I keep the "Show extension/theme totals in title" checked but it kept listing 1 more extension than I actually had (if I had 15 extensions installed, it would list 16). I then discovered that MR Tech Toolkit counts itself as 2 extensions (I did this by uninstalling the other extensions).

2. When I make any change in MR Tech Toolkit, the "Install" button shows up in the Add-ons window. I normally keep this off and have to turn it off again if I ever change an option.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

CrackTipe wrote:Great extension, but I think I've found 2 bugs.

I'm unable to reproduce either one, CrackTipe, using MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.1 in a new test profile.
fra diavolo

Post by fra diavolo »

Could you add
the feature of Hostname in Title Bar (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7960)
to the "Window Title Option"?

Thx in advance
Fra
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

Thanks,i use this extension very well.
makondo

Post by makondo »

CrackTipe,

i remember asking this Q (the extra ext.) and the answer was ... i believe, it's a Dictionary which counts as an ext. but doesn't show in the manager. I can't find it now, maybe in the old thread.
_development

Post by _development »

XDS wrote:@ _development ,

For your second request , I believe that would be the extensions.checkUpdateSecurity about:config preference.

Not sure this is a good idea just yet , I think there still needs to be some more education on this subject in general. :x :roll:

Thanks, but this preference is not working! I'm missing something? I really want disable this "feature".
Thanks again.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

If you are going to use extensions.checkUpdateSecurity, it needs to be added to about:config. It is not an existing item in about:config. When adding it you need to make sure it is added as a Boolean function and then set to false.

If you have it already in your about:config, but it is not a Boolean, reset it using the context menu. It's value should go blank. Exit/close and restart the browser. It should then be removed from about:config. Add it new as stated in the first paragraph.

No guarantees, but it should work if it is added as a Boolean. If it does not, you may have to build a new profile as something else may be affecting things.
Ray