MozillaZine

[Ext] MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4 (11-9-09)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Lee_Dailey

Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post Posted February 24th, 2014, 10:37 pm

howdy smayer97,

try this ...
ChromEdit Plus & More

it aint perfect, but it worked the last time i tried it.

take care,
lee

Lee_Dailey

Post Posted February 24th, 2014, 10:39 pm

howdy tonymec,

thanks for posting the Add-ons Manager Context Menu link! i just added it to both ff & tb. nifty! [*grin*]

take care,
lee

keithy397

Post Posted February 25th, 2014, 1:08 am

I use Custom Buttons to replace some of the functions of Toolkit. Very handy and lots of them to choose from! I'm still a learner when it comes to them but Makondo is more experienced than me at it! I'm sure he won't mind giving you the benefit of his knowledge!

Have alook around in the Custom Buttons forums
Cheers,
Keith

makondo

Post Posted February 25th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Are we doing this again? This stuff is posted on page 64. Not much has changed since. Just more custom buttons maybe.

keithy397,
thanks for the compliment but it's undeserved. I know nothing about js and don't do exts./buttons. I ask for them though! Image and many have been created on my request with my suggestions while testing. That's about all of my contribution and experience.

Anonymosity

Post Posted February 25th, 2014, 12:25 pm

It does not look as if the custom buttons would do the same things that the Toolkit buttons do. Can one make a button to open the Addons window (as a window)? What about opening about:config or about:plugins or a list of extensions and plugins?

makondo

Post Posted February 25th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Sure they do + more.
Listed on p.64 - http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... t=218#p836 + browse other buttons in Buttons made by forum users forum.
+ Chris' exts.

about:config:

Code: Select all
/*CODE*/
gBrowser.addTab ("about:config", null, null, null, false, false);

or a button by LouCypher

smayer97

Post Posted February 25th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Lee_Dailey wrote:howdy smayer97,

try this ...
ChromEdit Plus & More

take care,
lee

I wonder why Chromedit is no longer available via Mozilla Add-ons. Would be easier to track.

smayer97

Post Posted February 25th, 2014, 2:21 pm

tonymec wrote:When MRTT stopped functioning, or seemed to, I went back to using separate extensions for parts of its functionalities:

and possibly others which I failed to identify today in my long list of installed extensions.

I have all these is the collection, plus many, many more to choose from, for anyone interested.

Lee_Dailey

Post Posted February 25th, 2014, 3:54 pm

smayer97 wrote:
Lee_Dailey wrote:howdy smayer97,

try this ...
ChromEdit Plus & More

take care,
lee

I wonder why Chromedit is no longer available via Mozilla Add-ons. Would be easier to track.

howdy smayer97,

my understanding is that there are some things about how the addons site works - or perhaps how it once worked - that annoyed the beejeepers out of quite a few folks. so they went their own way.

take care,
lee

-ck-

Post Posted September 11th, 2014, 5:49 am

Firefox users after 31 will have to abandon even the dev version of MR Tech Toolkit as it causes problems with the back button in FF32 and FF33 for me and even crashes firefox when shutdown.

It will be missed!

Anonymosity

Post Posted September 11th, 2014, 1:55 pm

MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4.9000 still works with current SeaMonkey and with Thunderbird, though I never updated that past v. 17.0.11.

tonymec

Post Posted September 19th, 2014, 12:22 am

If MR Tech Toolkit has stopped working for you, try Nightly Tester Tools for most of its features, and a few additional extensions for what is missing in NTT, e.g. Restartless Restart for the Restart button and "File→Restart" menuitem (with Ctrl+Alt+R hotkey, or Cmd+Alt+R on the Mac).
Best regards,
Tony

Anonymosity

Post Posted September 19th, 2014, 11:29 am

But it has not stopped working. I now use SeaMonkey for browsing and reading email and newsgroups. Toolkit is still working, and I still really like it. I keep older versions of Thunderbird and Firefox around for testing only (because I cannot stand the chromified versions).

tonymec

Post Posted November 12th, 2015, 2:37 am

Anonymosity wrote:But it has not stopped working. I now use SeaMonkey for browsing and reading email and newsgroups. Toolkit is still working, and I still really like it. I keep older versions of Thunderbird and Firefox around for testing only (because I cannot stand the chromified versions).

Sorry for late reaction. When MRTT stopped working for me, I looked for alternatives, found them, and didn't come back.

"Restartless Restart" has stopped working for me with current 2.42a1/45.0a1 Trunk, but the "Restart" item on the "Add-on update checker" submenu still works, and (on vanilla SeaMonkey but not on Firefox) the "Help → Restart with Add-ons Disabled" menu pops out a dialog with a "[x] Restart with Add-ons Disabled" checkbox, which allows restarting with add-ons enabled, even from Safe Mode.
Best regards,
Tony

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted November 14th, 2015, 5:49 am

tonymec wrote:"Restartless Restart" has stopped working for me with current 2.42a1/45.0a1 Trunk...

I'm using Offline Restart Buttons (also restartless), until/unless Restartless Restart gets updated.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases