[Theme] Phoenity Classic, for Firefox 3.6

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Xavius

[Theme] Phoenity Classic, for Firefox 3.6

Post by Xavius »

here you can find another Phoenity theme for Firefox 3. Classic style this time! If you loved the old classic Phoenity Firefox for Firefox 1 and 1.5, this is for you!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7785

for bugs, suggestion, and others, post here.
and please, VOTE and REVIEW it on AMO, so it can become public!
Last edited by Xavius on January 25th, 2010, 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
cheeaun

Re: [Theme] Phoenity Classic, for Firefox 3

Post by cheeaun »

Hey, just wanna thanks for packaging this up. Great job. :D
Phoenity http://phoenity.com/
You should follow me on Twitter here http://twitter.com/cheeaun
pepperammi

Post by pepperammi »

tried several times over last couple days but just get error message :cry:
could not install because invalid hash -261
only seems to download maybe 8kb. Just tried to download it manually first but wouldn't start :-k

Anyway thanks for the continued support of these great themes.
Xavius

Post by Xavius »

pepperammi wrote:tried several times over last couple days but just get error message :cry:
could not install because invalid hash -261
only seems to download maybe 8kb. Just tried to download it manually first but wouldn't start :-k

Anyway thanks for the continued support of these great themes.

the server at AMO are having troubles for now. People says that using IE, sometimes you succed downloading theme, I know it seems strange, but try ;) or, better, use some download managers, so it should manage to download the file.
pepperammi

Post by pepperammi »

the server at AMO are having troubles for now. People says that using IE, sometimes you succed downloading theme, I know it seems strange, but try ;) or, better, use some download managers, so it should manage to download the file.
Thanks got it first try. :D Slapping myself for not thinking of that #-o .
Love the icons of the phoenity themes. colourful, stylish but simple enough. whole thing 'tightens up' with the classic arrows in place. Excellent.
No issues that I can see with vista x64
Thanks again.
Hagar800

Post by Hagar800 »

Arggg, I loved the look of this theme when I installed Firefox 3.0.

Then it went away after a reboot. I then went to add on - Themes- downloaded Phoenity 0.8.100 and I can't for the life of me get Firefox to accept it. In fact I can't get Firefox 3.0 to take any theme other then Aero Silver Fox. It just reverts to default look.
](*,)
seff

Post by seff »

There is a problem on Mac OS. There are two small triangles on the right of the forward button. Image
cfr

Post by cfr »

This is currently my default theme. I really appreciate the trouble the developer has gone to to make this work with OS X - given (what I see as) the horrendous default theme for OS X in FF3, the lack of compatibility with most themes is especially nasty and the few developers who take the trouble to make their themes compatible with OS X are, if not quite life-savers, at least sanity-savers!

I also like the theme a lot - compact, colourful and functional.

The triangle issue seff commented on is *not* a bug. The first triangle gives a list of forward pages (and is greyed out in the image because there are no forward pages available). The second lists all recent pages - forward and backward. I assume that is how it should be.

A few minor issues with the theme on OS X (10.4.11 PPC in case it matters):
1. There is a glitch with the display of scrollbars. If you scroll to the bottom of a page (main scrollbar) or of a dialog box (dialog box scrollbar), the semicircle at the bottom of the scroll area should be filled with blue as it is if you scroll to the top but the bottom semicircle is never coloured.
2. I would like to see a more obvious visual distinction between the active tab and the rest. At the moment, it can be very difficult to tell which one is active as the only differences are slightly bolder text and a slightly paler grey background. It's especially frustrating if I've got a lot of tabs open or I've been staring at the screen for too long and am tired.
3. I would also really like to see a themed icon for the secure login extension as its toolbar button looks very out of place. (It looks as though it is designed to match the default OS X theme but is consequently at odds with the buttons for almost all other themes. If there's a different button for use on other platforms in the extension, maybe that one would work better with your theme on OS X, too?)

These are obviously very minor details. Generally, I think this is a great theme and I would like to thank the developer for all the hard work that must have gone into it. I quite like the Reborn version, too, but I decided the Classic version is my favourite. Great job!
seff

Post by seff »

cfr wrote:The triangle issue seff commented on is *not* a bug. The first triangle gives a list of forward pages (and is greyed out in the image because there are no forward pages available). The second lists all recent pages - forward and backward. I assume that is how it should be.

For me all them show the same list. Isn't it like that for you?
cfr

Post by cfr »

seff wrote:
cfr wrote:The triangle issue seff commented on is *not* a bug. The first triangle gives a list of forward pages (and is greyed out in the image because there are no forward pages available). The second lists all recent pages - forward and backward. I assume that is how it should be.

For me all them show the same list. Isn't it like that for you?

You're right - I didn't think to check that. So the triangles are correct but they're attached to the wrong things? Or... how does this work in the default themes?

Personally, I think the multiple menus on the forward and back buttons are fiddly and a nuisance - but I think that in the default FF3 themes, so it isn't theme-specific!
seff

Post by seff »

cfr wrote:You're right - I didn't think to check that. So the triangles are correct but they're attached to the wrong things? Or... how does this work in the default themes?
Personally, I think the multiple menus on the forward and back buttons are fiddly and a nuisance - but I think that in the default FF3 themes, so it isn't theme-specific!

On the default theme they don't exist. Probably because they are fiddly and nuisance.
Xavius

Post by Xavius »

https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/7785

v.0.2.022
- this is a major update! a lot of bug fixes and big/small changes.
Nearly all images and icons have been tweaked and/or improved.
- removed the keyhole background etch (this simple change gives a new, more clear look to the whole theme)
- added grey PrivateMode locationbar background & PrivateMode searchbar background (Firefox 3.5+ only)
- Finally, added Phoenity sub-skins support!!! (menu icons, button icons and some eye-candies ^_^ )
Read below how to use them.

HoW CAN I USE SUB-SKINS AND HAVE MENU ICONS WITH MY PHOENITY THEME?
To enable sub-skins (menu icons and more), you have to create/edit the "userChrome.css" file in the
"chrome" folder, within your Firefox profile folder (install/use "Mr Tech Toolkit" extension if you
want an easy way for this).
If you need more help with this, use your search engine about "Firefox userChrome.css"
IMPORTANT:
If the file doesn't exist, create it!
If the file exists, open it, delete everything and go on reading below.

NOT all sub-skins are Firefox 3+ compatible. And not all sub-skins can be compatible or look good if
you have strange extensions or heavy customizations (maybe yes, maybe no).
I suggest you the following ones, so copy and paste, in your "userChrome.css" file, these
following 8 lines (after that, save the file and restart Firefox):

@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/cutebuttons.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/toolbar_dividers.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/cutemenus.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/cutemenusnew.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/cutermenus.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/dropmarkers.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/securitybar.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/cleantreechildren.css");
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/twisty.css");
StoneCold

Post by StoneCold »

Woot. I was happy, as I saw, that you updated the Theme. I've used Phoenity as default theme for a long time.
Sadly, it wasn't compatible with newer Firefox versions in the past. I still think it's one of the best themes.

But that you now brought the sub-skin support back as well is just awesome.

I just miss one thing, please bring the rounded bars back as well. :)

Cheers!
Xavius

Post by Xavius »

StoneCold wrote:Woot. I was happy, as I saw, that you updated the Theme. I've used Phoenity as default theme for a long time.
Sadly, it wasn't compatible with newer Firefox versions in the past. I still think it's one of the best themes.

But that you now brought the sub-skin support back as well is just awesome.

I just miss one thing, please bring the rounded bars back as well. :)

Cheers!

it's already there... the original subskin for that has a lot of bug with Firefox 3.5,
try using this alternative subskin (a lot better) and, please, tell me if you like the result ;)
@import url("chrome://browser/skin/subskins/wellrounded3phoenity.css");
StoneCold

Post by StoneCold »

Just awesome, thanks for the tip. :)

We may should write a documentation for the subskins or you may could bring back the preferences in the about window, like it was in the original Phoenity theme.

I'm happy now. Keep on your good work.