[ext] NoScript 1.7 - Guardian of your Trust

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
wwinfl91

Re: [ext] NoScript 1.7 - Guardian of your Trust

Post by wwinfl91 »

I am having a problems adding sites to the white list using the latest version of noscript. The one I am trying to add is the login site for hotmail. When I type in login.live.co it will add but if I add the m to get login.live.com the button to the right to allow a site changes color and doesn't allow me to add the site. It seems to happen whenever I try to add a full name including .com at the end.

I have been using noscript since I switched to firefox as my main browser and this is the first time I have seen this happen.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated as in order to check my hotmail accounts I currently have to turn off noscript, restart firefox, and then get my email, then go back and reverse the process since I would prefer using noscript when I surf.

Thanks for any assistance you can suggest.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@wwfinfl91:
please check if your whitelist already contains either live.com[/url] or just [b]com (unlikely).
Higher level domains imply subdomains, therefore NoScript won't let you add www.acme.com if you already have acme.com, because www.acme.com is implicitly allowed.
I also recommend to upgrade to latest dev build, which is a relase candidate containing many bug fixes.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I reported this bug earlier where the status bar icon appears for no reason. Here is a screen shot showing the icon present with the noscript.statusIcon set to false.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Skywalker_

Post by Skywalker_ »

I'm using dev build 1.7.2 and some site in the white list are not taken into account.
For example: youtube.com
even if added to the white list, it still remain in the noscript menu as unautorised and scripts are not executed.

But it's only with some sites...
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@RobertJ:
it's quite difficult to reproduce (I didn't manage to do it so far).
Could you send me the prefs.js portion containing "noscript." entries?

@Skywalker_:
could you export your whitelist and send it to me privately?
The you may want to try resetting your NoScript preferences ("Reinitialiser"), check what happens and possibly reimport your whitelist.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@RobertJ:
it's quite difficult to reproduce (I didn't manage to do it so far).
Could you send me the prefs.js portion containing "noscript." entries?

Here they are:

Code: Select all

user_pref("noscript.allowBookmarks", true);
user_pref("noscript.autoReload", false);
user_pref("noscript.fixLinks", false);
user_pref("noscript.keys.toggle", "ctrl shift T");
user_pref("noscript.notify", false);
user_pref("noscript.options.tabSelectedIndexes", "1,1");
user_pref("noscript.policynames", "");
user_pref("noscript.statusIcon", false);
user_pref("noscript.temp", "http://eriwen.com http://widget.meebo.com http://www.c-est-simple.com");
user_pref("noscript.untrusted", "");
user_pref("noscript.version", "1.7.1");
user_pref("noscript.xss.notify", false);
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
fswl1234

Post by fswl1234 »

Giorgio Maone wrote:I also recommend to upgrade to latest dev build, which is a relase candidate containing many bug fixes.

just tried, seems all my problems are gone, thanks
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@SledgeFox:
thank you very much for your help, looks like a media player plugin bug but I'm still investigating.

@everybody:
please give another test round to NoScript 1.7.3: it seems "golden" to me, but I'd prefer to avoid other surprises from a rushed public release :-k
Thanks!
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

Giorgio,

I sometimes run into floating flash ads, placeholders for which end up blocking the bulk of the page. I am aware of the collapse option, but normally prefer running without it. What do you think about adding some kind of dismiss capability to placeholders to either close or collapse them via a close button/area inside the placeholder or a modified (ctrl or alt ) click or something like that.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

al_9x wrote:What do you think about adding some kind of dismiss capability to placeholders to either close or collapse them via a close button/area inside the placeholder or a modified (ctrl or alt ) click or something like that.

It's shift+click :)
joebloggscity

Post by joebloggscity »

Hi

can someone please help me with this? [-o<

What it is is that i upgraded to Firefox 3 a day ago, and whenever i go onto youtube and the like i get blanks where the video should be! if is switch and disable noscript off then the videos appear. Why is this? i never had a problem with firefox 2.

Please help, i don't want to disable Noscript permanently. Youtube and the yimg are both on the okay list in my noscript.

thx
Skywalker_

Post by Skywalker_ »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@Skywalker_:
could you export your whitelist and send it to me privately?
The you may want to try resetting your NoScript preferences ("Reinitialiser"), check what happens and possibly reimport your whitelist.

I've send you my whitelist in PM. Problematic sites have a single line (with http:// at the begining) in the [UNTRUSTED] part of the exported list.
I've reset the settings and reimport my whitelist without those lines and it works, thanks =D>
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@joebloggscity:
It's likely a known problem with 1.7.1.
You can upgrade to 1.7.3 from http://noscript.net/getit#devel -- it's a stable release candidate.
Anyway I'm gonna release 1.7.4 today (with some other minor bug-fixes and cosmetic enhancements) for automatic update.
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

Giorgio Maone wrote:It's shift+click :)

Thanks, will try to RTFM better next time.
IByte

Post by IByte »

Since I've upgraded to NoScript 1.7, I find myself sometimes having trouble permitting sites, causing the sites (but not NoScript) to tell me that I have Javascript disabled. It has happened on the following sites:

http://www.bustedtees.com/goodbyecruelworld (and the rest of the site, of course)
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Rebooting and then allowing fixed the former. There's something else weird about the latter one: if I switch to the tab, the URL of the previous tab stays in the address bar. That, and there have been reports of it crashing browsers (including mine), see http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/read.cgi?id=20080628&tid=2863892

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 (but I tried FF3 too)
Creator of the IsAdmin and Infocon Watcher add-ons.