MozillaZine

[Ext]Sidebar Bookmark Selector

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Alice0775

User avatar
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 11:25 pm
Location: OSAKA JPN

Post Posted June 26th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Sidebar Bookmark Selector 2.0 (In SandBox)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7884
This is a extension for firefox3.0

You can hide Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu and Unsorted Bookmarksin the sidebar.
Image
Hiding items are specified by option.
Image

In addition,
The extension confirmed that it functioned only on WindowsXP
Because I do not have the other OS. I can not confirm on the other OS.
However, this may work on the other OS because I do not use the function that is peculiar to the OS.

As for me, English is not a first language.
Please use a simple sentence structure and vocabulary as possible when you reply to me.
Last edited by Alice0775 on April 5th, 2009, 7:12 am, edited 7 times in total.

alterna

User avatar
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: January 16th, 2007, 8:27 am
Location: Big Apple

Post Posted June 26th, 2008, 10:26 pm

Works as described.As soon as a request is heard from users, you come up with some great extension. Amazing. Thank you very much! :)

I am using several extensions of yours, and they all are flawless.
"So it goes" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Alice0775

User avatar
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 11:25 pm
Location: OSAKA JPN

Post Posted June 27th, 2008, 8:01 am

Version 1.4 released
Fixed bug: In locale with a multi-byte code, it does not work properly.

Version 1.3 released
Fixed bug: When you did not change setting of default bookmark folders, the setting change of the third party is ignored.

Version 1.2 released
Improved: bookmarks folder of the third party can be hidden.

Version 1.1 released
Fixed bug: The bookmarks folder of the third party is not displayed.

ltsnow

User avatar
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: March 23rd, 2006, 1:49 pm
Location: Valdosta, GA

Post Posted June 27th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Thank you so much for this extension. I've been looking for a way to do this for a long time.

cosgrover
 
Posts: 51
Joined: January 30th, 2005, 10:21 am

Post Posted June 28th, 2008, 4:20 pm

This extension is a great idea. But I can't get it to work. It installs fine, but when I uncheck Unsorted Bookmarks the folder stays in the sidebar.

I'm running Firefox 3.0. Using the following extensions etc.

- Richard

*** Extensions (enabled: 40, disabled: 3; total: 43)
Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.1.3
Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
All-in-One Sidebar 0.7.6
Autofill Forms 0.9.5
Better Gmail 2 0.4
BlogThis 0.4
Brief 1.2b3
British English Dictionary 1.19
BugMeNot 2.0
Copy Link Text 1.3
Copy Plain Text 0.3.3
Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
Facebook Toolbar 1.2.1 [disabled]
FaviconizeTab 0.9.8.2
FEBE 6.0b(20080625_105914)
FlashGot 1.0.4.2 [disabled]
Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 2.0.44.20
GButts 1.5.5
googlebar 0.9.15.11
Hide Unvisited 3
InfoLister 0.10
Linkification 1.3.3
Locate in Bookmark Folders 0.2.5
Menu Editor 1.2.6
Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.2
oldbar 1.2
Password Exporter 1.1
Paste and Go 2 0.8
Paste Quote 0.3.3
PDF Download 1.0.1.2
PermaTabs 1.7.0 [disabled]
PermaTabs Mod 1.8.1
Print/Print Preview 0.6
Pronounce 1.1
QuickDrag 1.0.5
Redirect Remover 2.5.5
SecurePassword Generator 0.5.4
Sidebar Bookmark Selector 1.5
Signature 0.4.0.4.200610221528
Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2.2
Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416
TinyUrl Creator 1.0.1
Update Notifier 0.1.5.4

*** Themes (1)
Default [selected]

*** Plugins
Default Plug-in
DivX Content Upload Plug-In
DivX Web Player
Flip4Mac Windows Media Plugin 2.2
Google Update One-Click Deluxe Installer Plugin
Java Embedding Plugin 0.9.6.4
QuickTime Plug-in 7.5
RealPlayer Plugin
Shockwave Flash
Verified Download Plugin

ltsnow

User avatar
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: March 23rd, 2006, 1:49 pm
Location: Valdosta, GA

Post Posted June 28th, 2008, 7:19 pm

cosgrover wrote:This extension is a great idea. But I can't get it to work. It installs fine, but when I uncheck Unsorted Bookmarks the folder stays in the sidebar.

I'm running Firefox 3.0. Using the following extensions etc.

- Richard

*** Extensions (enabled: 40, disabled: 3; total: 43)
Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.1.3
Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
All-in-One Sidebar 0.7.6
Autofill Forms 0.9.5
Better Gmail 2 0.4
BlogThis 0.4
Brief 1.2b3
British English Dictionary 1.19
BugMeNot 2.0
Copy Link Text 1.3
Copy Plain Text 0.3.3
Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
Facebook Toolbar 1.2.1 [disabled]
FaviconizeTab 0.9.8.2
FEBE 6.0b(20080625_105914)
FlashGot 1.0.4.2 [disabled]
Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 2.0.44.20
GButts 1.5.5
googlebar 0.9.15.11
Hide Unvisited 3
InfoLister 0.10
Linkification 1.3.3
Locate in Bookmark Folders 0.2.5
Menu Editor 1.2.6
Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.2
oldbar 1.2
Password Exporter 1.1
Paste and Go 2 0.8
Paste Quote 0.3.3
PDF Download 1.0.1.2
PermaTabs 1.7.0 [disabled]
PermaTabs Mod 1.8.1
Print/Print Preview 0.6
Pronounce 1.1
QuickDrag 1.0.5
Redirect Remover 2.5.5
SecurePassword Generator 0.5.4
Sidebar Bookmark Selector 1.5
Signature 0.4.0.4.200610221528
Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2.2
Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416
TinyUrl Creator 1.0.1
Update Notifier 0.1.5.4

*** Themes (1)
Default [selected]

*** Plugins
Default Plug-in
DivX Content Upload Plug-In
DivX Web Player
Flip4Mac Windows Media Plugin 2.2
Google Update One-Click Deluxe Installer Plugin
Java Embedding Plugin 0.9.6.4
QuickTime Plug-in 7.5
RealPlayer Plugin
Shockwave Flash
Verified Download Plugin



It's probably one of your extensions. It works fine for me and all I have is this:

AI Roboform Toolbar for Firefox 6.9.90
IE Tab 1.5.20080618
Menu Editor 1.2.6
Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.2
NoScript 1.7.4
Sidebar Bookmark Selector 1.5
Stylish 0.5.7
Last edited by ltsnow on June 28th, 2008, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shawn^

User avatar
 
Posts: 193
Joined: November 20th, 2005, 1:26 am

Post Posted June 28th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Any chance of hiding the bookmarks toolbar in the bookmarks manager window as well :)

Alice0775

User avatar
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 11:25 pm
Location: OSAKA JPN

Post Posted June 28th, 2008, 7:58 pm

cosgrover wrote:This extension is a great idea. But I can't get it to work. It installs fine, but when I uncheck Unsorted Bookmarks the folder stays in the sidebar.

Some of the extension may cause conflict.
Please try the following.
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bas ... leshooting

shawn^ wrote:Any chance of hiding the bookmarks toolbar in the bookmarks manager window as well :)

Do you want to remove "the bookmarks toolbar" from the library(the bookmarks manager window)?

Alice0775

User avatar
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 11:25 pm
Location: OSAKA JPN

Post Posted June 29th, 2008, 2:56 am

Version 1.6 released.
Fixed bug:Folder was displayed double when the folder name had been changed from default.

cosgrover
 
Posts: 51
Joined: January 30th, 2005, 10:21 am

Post Posted June 29th, 2008, 3:14 am

I installed version 1.6 and disabled all other extensions. Sidebar Bookmark Selector still didn't work.

I run Mac OS X. The extension must only work with Windows.

- Richard

shawn^

User avatar
 
Posts: 193
Joined: November 20th, 2005, 1:26 am

Post Posted June 29th, 2008, 7:34 am

Alice0775 wrote:
cosgrover wrote:This extension is a great idea. But I can't get it to work. It installs fine, but when I uncheck Unsorted Bookmarks the folder stays in the sidebar.

Some of the extension may cause conflict.
Please try the following.
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bas ... leshooting

shawn^ wrote:Any chance of hiding the bookmarks toolbar in the bookmarks manager window as well :)

Do you want to remove "the bookmarks toolbar" from the library(the bookmarks manager window)?


yup :)

Destian
 
Posts: 81
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 11:20 am

Post Posted June 29th, 2008, 10:50 am

Thanks, Alice. The extension works for me but changes the default icons to standard folder icons.

I am using Windows Vista.

ltsnow

User avatar
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: March 23rd, 2006, 1:49 pm
Location: Valdosta, GA

Post Posted June 29th, 2008, 12:10 pm

Destian wrote:Thanks, Alice. The extension works for me but changes the default icons to standard folder icons.

I am using Windows Vista.


Of course, you know it's very easy to change the folder icons to whatever you want with userchrome.

ltsnow

User avatar
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: March 23rd, 2006, 1:49 pm
Location: Valdosta, GA

Post Posted June 29th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Alice0775 wrote:Version 1.6 released.
Fixed bug:Folder was displayed double when the folder name had been changed from default.


Yes that was a problem. Also if you changed the name from default to blank it showed up blank in your extension. The way I solved those problems was to delete places.sqlite and the bookmark backups. Then I restored the bookmarks from an HTML file and everything was fine.

Alice0775

User avatar
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 11:25 pm
Location: OSAKA JPN

Post Posted June 29th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Destian wrote:Thanks, Alice. The extension works for me but changes the default icons to standard folder icons.

I am using Windows Vista.

Version 1.8 released
Fixed bug: Folder icon was changed to standard folder icons.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests