userstyles.org

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
kindofabuzz

userstyles.org

Post by kindofabuzz »

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
smsmith

Re: userstyles.org

Post by smsmith »

Good thing it's the last day of the month! Try again tomorrow?

I'm sure a donation to the site would be welcome, too. To pay for more bandwidth...
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
periboob

Post by periboob »

Still busted.

If a site has a lot of good material, then long time users should have already contributed. And new users cant get a taste. Wouldnt it be a good idea (if it is really a support issue) to beg for money before you lose your voice? maybe when your load hits 90% put up a piteous intrusive nag screen before you can get in? As it is, we couldnt contribute if we wanted to.
"The simple fact is, offense is taken, not given," ~Ricky Gervais
steviex

Post by steviex »

Um... We are not related to userstyles.org in any way, and have no say over what happens on that site.....

However, I have sent a message to the admin of the site, informing him of the situation, and giving him a link here..
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
periboob

Post by periboob »

steviex wrote:Um... We are not related to userstyles.org in any way, and have no say over what happens on that site.....

However, I have sent a message to the admin of the site, informing him of the situation, and giving him a link here..

Thanks Steviex. It seems a pretty valuable site, what with several million FF3 users trying to tweak the new interface, and many of us have no clue how to let their admins know. If you didnt do such a good job of taking care of our problems in all things Mozilla, we might not bring them here. =D>
"The simple fact is, offense is taken, not given," ~Ricky Gervais
np

Post by np »

Yeah, I saw the problem but figured it would probably take longer for them to get me the extra bandwidth for June than it would to wait until July. Now that it's July though, it should be back up. I've contacted the host.

The bandwidth on the site just keeps trending upwards, so it's hard to keep track of how much I need. The host doesn't send any warnings when you're getting close to the limit.

I just upgraded plans a few months ago, so maybe it's time to upgrade again.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Thanks for the heads up np.... Those Gremlins get everywhere... :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
kindofabuzz

Post by kindofabuzz »

doh! down again.

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.
Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Drop np a PM.... He runs the site....

mastavic

Post by mastavic »

Found this thread via Google.com because I'm trying to access UserStyles.org and received the message. Please keep us updated, np. Thanks! I've subscribed to this thread.
John 3:16

Post by John 3:16 »

More problems

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /login.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.3 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 SVN/1.4.4 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.3 Server at userstyles.org Port 80
kindofabuzz

Post by kindofabuzz »

Yeah it does that at least daily for me.
earther

Post by earther »

Today I'm getting this message. Bummer . . .

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at userstyles.org Port 80
steviex

Post by steviex »

I refer the honourable people to the answer I gave previously....
steviex wrote:Drop np a PM.... He runs the site....

Webb

Post by Webb »

The site seems to be partially functional. The forum is dead, though. I wouldn't want to try to upload anything.

Maybe we'll get back to normal on Friday (the first of the month).