undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
PiTaGoRaS

Post by PiTaGoRaS »

It doesn't work in 1.0 RC2 :/
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Bumping the maxversion works just fine with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041105 Firefox/1.0. I bumped the maxversion in the eleven extensions I use with no problem.

<em:targetApplication><Description>
<em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>
<em:minVersion>0.8</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>
</Description></em:targetApplication>
Last edited by Old Bozz on November 7th, 2004, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PiTaGoRaS

Post by PiTaGoRaS »

I've installed a repacked version by ExtensionMirror to be compatible with 1.0 but it doesn't work.

The same problem with other extensions like IEView, Diggler, DownTHEMall, WindowsUpdate, Focus Last Selected Tab, Duplicate Tab, Session Saver, etc. They all worked fine in the PR1.
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

I'm not sure what issues you are having PiTaGoRaS... They all work for me in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041109 Firefox/1.0 (MOOX M3). But I would be nice to see an official update of Undoclosetab though. Maybe some extension you are using is breaking all your other ones.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
dorando

Post by dorando »

ieremiou wrote:But I would be nice to see an official update of Undoclosetab though.
Since Firefox 0.10 it is not anymore necessary to release an Update for the next Firefox version (it was only ever necessary for Firefox 0.9)...

undoclosetab is already compatible with 1.0 since 2004-11-09.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

dorando wrote:
ieremiou wrote:But I would be nice to see an official update of Undoclosetab though.
Since Firefox 0.10 it is not anymore necessary to release an Update for the next Firefox version (it was only ever necessary for Firefox 0.9)...

undoclosetab is already compatible with 1.0 since 2004-11-09.

True, mine is now working. HOWEVER, it was disabled after updating to 1.0, so I assumed incorrectly that it was incompatible. Must be something in there triggering that problem. That something would be corrected by an update, which might re-enable it on many thousands of computers who haven't tried the re-install yet.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Support type question:

If I have two tabs open, and close one of them, then there is only the window with no tabs. How can I call back that last tab? I haven't found anywhere to click to bring up the undo menu choice.

Thanks.
dorando

Post by dorando »

sasquatch wrote:HOWEVER, it was disabled after updating to 1.0, so I assumed incorrectly that it was incompatible.
If you were one of the first to upgrade (it is always a good idea to wait a few days before upgrading) there is a chance that the compatibility info was not updated yet.

sasquatch wrote:Must be something in there triggering that problem.
Assuming you meant the Extension Manager, yes there are some related bugs in there the devs are aware of but were not able to reliable reproduce and fix.

sasquatch wrote:That something would be corrected by an update, which might re-enable it on many thousands of computers who haven't tried the re-install yet.
There is no need to re-install anything, just using the build-in Software Update function (by waiting for the Automatic check or by Pressing the Update button) is enough to update and reenable the extension.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

No. I actually tried the update function, and it didn't work. I had to actually uninstall and then install again from scratch. I'm not saying this to be a pain, just hoping it will help someone down the road.
dorando

Post by dorando »

sasquatch wrote:If I have two tabs open, and close one of them, then there is only the window with no tabs. How can I call back that last tab? I haven't found anywhere to click to bring up the undo menu choice.
Right click on the Web Page or see the first post.

sasquatch wrote:No. I actually tried the update function, and it didn't work. I had to actually uninstall and then install again from scratch. I'm not saying this to be a pain, just hoping it will help someone down the road.
IIRC the Extension Manager caches update data (even if it shouldn't) so you might have had old data in your cache while checking. Otherwise, as already said, you might have tried it in the short time there was no update data available.
prandal

Post by prandal »

Any chance of getting this extension onto update.mozilla.org?
dorando

Post by dorando »

prandal wrote:Any chance of getting this extension onto update.mozilla.org?
No.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

sasquatch wrote:Support type question:

If I have two tabs open, and close one of them, then there is only the window with no tabs. How can I call back that last tab? I haven't found anywhere to click to bring up the undo menu choice.

Thanks.

Not a direct answer to your question, but I keep browser.tabs.autoHide set to false, so that the single tab remains visible.
Turonah

Post by Turonah »

Dorando:
I missed the list of recently closed tabs that TBE had (which was way too bulky), so I integrated it using the functionality from Tabbin (which didn't close the tabs, it just hid them).
Just wondering how many other people might be interested in that kind of functionality as well. (I'd post a link, but I have nowhere to host the xpi file ... >.<)
"Perhaps we fear the unknown because we know ourselves too well." - Outer Limits
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Just post over at http://extensionmirrors.nl to host it. They are grand lads for hosting variations on extensions and other things like this.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210