undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

Ah, thank you. Funny, I could swear that I just tried installing that and it said 'not compatible', now however it installed and seems to be working fine. Well, life's good again!

Thanks for your prompt reply 68Firefo... uhm 68Firebird! :)
Ronin1973

Post by Ronin1973 »

Just installed the FF 1.5 release versionand immediate i noticed that i have a problem that the undo action doesnt appear in the rightclick menu. After some searching i found that the user_pref("browser.startup.page", 0); in my prefs.js is causing it. Well i use that line so FF starts quicker without loading the homepage. I have a whole chain of sites in browser.startup.homepage which i load it by pressing the homepage button.

Anyway undoclosetab worked in FF 1.0x and its broken now in 1.5 for me. I hope you will be able to fix it.
walkerpbus

Latest 1.5 version 20050817 removes it from R-Click tab line

Post by walkerpbus »

As I write this it strikes me I may not be describing the problem clearly,
but I think it's the best I can do.
Earlier version (2004) had both the undo Closed tab in the open tabs Web page r-click and r-click on the unused tab line itself. 2 different ways it could be invoked.
New version is invoked only Context Menu (r-Click) of Open web pages. That works OK as long as I have at least 1 web page open. But I cannot invoke it if all tabs have been closed and there is none open. I'm losing some function with the new version.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Ronin1973 wrote:After some searching i found that the user_pref("browser.startup.page", 0); in my prefs.js is causing it.
This is caused by my workaround for the extension-unfriendly <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=300412">addBookmarkMenuitems</a>. I'll release an update as soon as I find the time for it.

walkerpbus wrote:As I write this it strikes me I may not be describing the problem clearly,
but I think it's the best I can do.
Earlier version (2004) had both the undo Closed tab in the open tabs Web page r-click and r-click on the unused tab line itself. 2 different ways it could be invoked.
New version is invoked only Context Menu (r-Click) of Open web pages. That works OK as long as I have at least 1 web page open. But I cannot invoke it if all tabs have been closed and there is none open. I'm losing some function with the new version.
I simply assume that you mean the same as Ronin1973 as otherwise this does make no sense at all.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

No, it's not the same as Ronin1973, I believe because his message pertains to loading the homepage in prefs.js. I don't have a homepage loading; I load about:blank when I open FF.
I was saying there is a context menu showing Undo Closetab when I r-click on an empty tab line in Version 20041125.5. That function is gone in 20050817. In UndoClosetab 20050817, the r-click DOES show Undo Closetab when I r-click an open web page, but not on the empty tab line.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
dorando

Post by dorando »

walkerpbus wrote:I don't have a homepage loading; I load about:blank when I open FF.
If I understand the code correctly 'user_pref("browser.startup.page", 0);' or setting homepage to 'about:blank' have the same effect, so you're likely affected by the same bug.
walkerpbus

Old undoclosetab works fine.

Post by walkerpbus »

I upgraded the install.rdf to 1.5 in undoclosetab-20040617-fx+mz.xpi, and installed it instead of 20050817, and the function works as advertised.
So respectfully, I do not believe it had anything to do with my about:blank homepage. I believe it was some change put into 20050817 and believe I have the experiential proof.
dorando

Re: Old undoclosetab works fine.

Post by dorando »

walkerpbus wrote:I upgraded the install.rdf to 1.5 in undoclosetab-20040617-fx+mz.xpi, and installed it instead of 20050817, and the function works as advertised.
So respectfully, I do not believe it had anything to do with my about:blank homepage. I believe it was some change put into 20050817 and believe I have the experiential proof.
As already stated four posts above, this was caused by my workaround for the extension-unfriendly addBookmarkMenuitems if browser.startup.page is 0 (and as stated two posts above having about:blank as the homepage has the same effect).

Without this workaround the tab bar context menu would be mixed up if an item was inserted after the 6th item (which cannot be changed with versions older than 20040910), something you should've noted already unless you use something which also affects the tab bar context menu.

Also note that 20040617 doesn't work as 'advertised' as it will move restored tabs to the far left due to changes in Firefox 1.5...
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

OK, I'm sorry. You are right. I'll eagerly await your being able to find a proper fix (perhaps when stubborn guys like me stop pestering you with forum items!)
dorando

Post by dorando »

An update has already been released...
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
Lost User 162649

Post by Lost User 162649 »

is it possible to add a toolbar button?...it is very usefull...and that is the reason i still use version 20041126_enh..:)
thanks a lot..:)
walkerpbus

Thanks and thanks again!

Post by walkerpbus »

dorando wrote:An update has already been released...

Thanks and thanks again! :D
Noyce

Post by Noyce »

Nikos_s3 wrote:is it possible to add a toolbar button?...it is very usefull...and that is the reason i still use version 20041126_enh..:)
thanks a lot..:)

Hi :)

First off, thanks Dorando for the very useful extension. ;)

Secondly, Nikos, I've recently upgraded to FF 1.5, and my previously installed enhanced undoclosetab extension was deemed incompatible. Upon attempting to reinstall, I get this error pop-up:

So, you were able to successfully install Turonah's "20041126_enh" while using FF 1.5? Any ideas/tips you or anyone else can give me to resolve the problem?

Many thanks. :)
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

My money's on Firefox 2.0 containing this feature! Love the freedom it gives you...
krwudtke

Undo Close Tab grayed out

Post by krwudtke »

I love this extension.
I upgraded to FF 1.5 yesterday and installed undoclosetab 20051204 today.
I see Undo Close Tab in my context menu, but it is always grayed out.
Please help.
Kevin