undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
christos

Post by christos »

Could give it a shot with a new profile?
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

christos wrote:(2) My <profile>\chrome\overlayinfo\browser\content\overlay.rdf lists <RDF:li>chrome://undoclosetab/content/undoclosetab.xul</RDF:li>
at the end of the file

Thanks for the help! :banana:
yep, it's a matter of moving that entry around until everything works proper.... again this is assuming u know your profile is ok... alternately u could uninstall each extension one by one but that can get very tedious..... that's why i keep a backup of the overlay order which i know works....
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Feature request: A menu entry that lists the last X amount of tabs closed by name, and clicking on one will restore it.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Martin Heller wrote:I can reproduce the "tabs cannot be closed"-situation on Firefox 0.9.1 with undoclosetab 20040617, "browser.tabs.extensions.undo_cache.local' entry is 3 :

Start in safe-mode ("...firefox.exe" -safe-mode).
Close Firefox and start again with extensions.
Then I can't close tabs.
When I disable any extension, enable it again and restart Fx, closing tabs is possible again.
A bug in Firefox, I've filed Bug 252182

TychoQuad wrote:Feature request: A menu entry that lists the last X amount of tabs closed by name, and clicking on one will restore it.
Maybe later (but likely as a seperate package)
dorando

Post by dorando »

A new release since Bug 255617 has been fixed. Nightly users should set app.extensions.version to 0.9 if they want to use this extension...
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

Thanks! :)

But don't understand why you didn't just bump up the version number of UndoCloseTab so it installs on the nightlies - 1.0 PR is just around the corner???

I've managed to get updated 0.10 versions of everything else from http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/ so haven't needed to change Firefox at all :)

Nice extension btw.

Fedorov.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Fedorov wrote:But don't understand why you didn't just bump up the version number of UndoCloseTab so it installs on the nightlies - 1.0 PR is just around the corner???

I won't claim compatibility with something not yet released, and the current code is still too much in flux to simply assume that something compatible with a current nightly will work in the final release. I might push the version once the announced 1.0PR RC has been released, but I don't believe that there will be a real RC.
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

Okay, no problem and thanks for explaining :)
Keep up the good work.
helltoupee

Undo close tab by middle-clicking in the tab bar

Post by helltoupee »

sboulema wrote:Would it be possible to undo a closed tab by middle-clicking the tabbar ? Its eems more convenient to me than an context entry

I just moved away from TBE and was missing this behaviour so I hacked it in. In undoclosetab.xul, I replaced ...

Code: Select all

with(document.getAnonymousNodes(gBrowser.mTabContainer))
{
 item(length-1).onclick = function(event){ if(event.button == 1) gBrowser.undoRemoveTab(); }
}

with ...

Code: Select all

gBrowser.mTabContainer.addEventListener('click', function(event){ 
 if(event.button == 1 && event.originalTarget.localName != 'tab') gBrowser.undoRemoveTab();
}, false);

Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to include it. Thanks for the extension!
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

jj44

Post by jj44 »

helltoupee, would you be able to send that hacked undo close tab to sboulema for posting on the extension mirror please?
Fx|3.1b2 -- OS|Win 7 Build 7000
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

if you send it to sboulema@gmail.com i will mirror it :)
helltoupee

Post by helltoupee »

sboulema: YGM (from elchng gmail com)
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I just recently came across this extension. Is it basically a "resurrect the tab you just closed" type of thing?

I was all ready to download (install) it, but saw the notes. I am scared off by the comments about the bugs and memory leaks.

This sounds like a great extension, and I will definitely keep my eyes on it for some future one which is more rock solid (not your fault).

Thanks for doing this one.
dorando

Post by dorando »

sasquatch wrote:I just recently came across this extension. Is it basically a "resurrect the tab you just closed" type of thing?

Yup

sasquatch wrote:I am scared off by the comments about the bugs and memory leaks.

The mentioned bugs are listed here so they get more attention, nearly all extensions are affected by these...

I'm still not absolutely sure but I've removed the memory leak notice since no one seems to have experienced anything yet.