undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Laurence

Post by Laurence »

Hi dorando,

Any further word on getting undoclosetab to work in SeaMonkey 1.0?

Thanks,
Laurence
hoodbild

Undoclosetab stopped working

Post by hoodbild »

It stopped working and I don't know why. I tried removing the last few extensions I installed, but it didn't work, so I uninstalled all my extensions and then Firefox, and then reinstalled Firefox and undoclosetab, but it still won't work. I've tried a couple of different versions from different sources on the net unsuccessfully. This is my Firefox version etc. at the moment, although I've also tried 1.5.0.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
dorando

Post by dorando »

Anything in the JavaScript Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config)?
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
hoodbild

Undoclosetab stopped working

Post by hoodbild »

I presume the question is directed to me Dorando - no, nothing when I actually try to undo a closed tab, however it looks like every time I open a page, open or close a tab, and sometimes when I do other things, like click on the Bookmarks menu, I get this two or more times:
Error: Components.classes['@mozilla.org/uriloader/content-handler;1?type=application/x-maf'] has no properties
Source File: chrome://maf/content/maf.js
Line: 773

Also, some people say the Image Zoom extension breaks undoclosetab, and it may have stopped working when I installed Image Zoom - I am not sure if it was still working or not. As I said, I tried uninstalling everything, and it still won't work, although it seems that Firefox remembers settings of extensions even when they and it have been uninstalled, so maybe Image Zoom (or something else) makes a permanent change to Firefox, that reinstalling doesn't fix.

I have discovered I have the same problem with my other computer, which is set up virtually identically. If it is a good idea I can post a list of all the extensions I have used, or am using, if people could point out any that clash with undoclosetab.

Thanks
max1million

Post by max1million »

I'd guess that maf has to do with Mozilla Archive Format (an extension).
Lost User 162649

Post by Lost User 162649 »

i use image zoom and undoclosetab in the same profile and they both work fine..:)
dorando

Re: Undoclosetab stopped working

Post by dorando »

hoodbild wrote:[...] although it seems that Firefox remembers settings of extensions even when they and it have been uninstalled [...]
Settings remain stored if the extensions are uninstalled, but they shouldn't cause any problems as there isn't anything which would use them (unless it was a core pref, but that wouldn't be the fault of the extension).

You could try to disable all other extensions (right click > <u>D</u>isable) and reset prefs one-by-one or blockwise (make a Backup of your <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#backup">Profile</a> or just your prefs.js) to see if there is any pref with which undoclosetab has trouble.
Lost User 12174

Re: Update after v. 1.5.0.1?

Post by Lost User 12174 »

dorando wrote:
sraevsky wrote:Undoclosetab is not compatible with Firefox version 1.5.0.1.
undoclosetab is compatible with Firefox 1.5.0.1. If you've prevented Firefox from contacting the server you will need to click on the Find Updates button.
no updates were found for undoclosetab.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060124 Firefox/1.5.0.1
dorando

Re: Update after v. 1.5.0.1?

Post by dorando »

GURT wrote:
dorando wrote:
sraevsky wrote:Undoclosetab is not compatible with Firefox version 1.5.0.1.
undoclosetab is compatible with Firefox 1.5.0.1. If you've prevented Firefox from contacting the server you will need to click on the Find Updates button.
no updates were found for undoclosetab.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060124 Firefox/1.5.0.1
At that time the 'compatibility update' should have already been applied and the extension can simply be reenabled. If that isn't the case then something is likely wrong with your build.

[Added]Looking at your 'fx info' I noticed that you are using 'undoclosetab 20041126' but that version never existed. Googling for it indicates that this is the modified version by Turonah...
hoodbild

Post by hoodbild »

I've resorted to Tab Mix Plus :( its got some other quite nice features, but you don't really need that many! - (Sorry this message was mixed up the first time!)
mal_g

Post by mal_g »

Haven't updated to 1.5.0.2 yet as update function says undoclosetab isn't compatible.

Has anyone tried it with 1.5.0.2?
name already taken

Post by name already taken »

I switched the maxversion from 1.5 to 1.5.0.* and it is working fine for me on 1.5.0.2.
Use method 2 here: http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=973
"It burns like hygiene!"
tangles

Post by tangles »

Please update the install.rdf so we can install this wonderful extension on Firefox 1.5.0.2 :)

Thank you and keep up the great work. This extension should be part of Firefox by default it is so useful!

(p.s. - I updated the install.rdf myself and changed maxversion to 1.5+ and it installed fine (and works fine) for those wondering if the temporary fix will work)
mal_g

Post by mal_g »

I just followed the instructions in name already taken's post, worked perfectly. Thanks.
dorando

Post by dorando »

I'll update the update.rdf later today, blame the devs for not releasing a Release Candidate.
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.