undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

perhaps another extension is interfering see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 526#505526

try fiddling with the order in your overlays.rdf in
YOUR PROFILE\chrome\overlayinfo\browser\content

make a copy of it beforehand to prevent having to reinstall your extensions in case u screw the file up
Gort

Post by Gort »

Seems to be a problem with this extension and the latest nightlies. It's described here. I've disabled the extension, and the problem seems to go away.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Thanks, updated.
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
Gort

Post by Gort »

Well, been trying the new update for some hours, and have to say it seems to work fine now. So, thanks for fixing it. :)
dorando

Post by dorando »

=;
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Would it be possible to undo a closed tab by middle-clicking the tabbar ? Its eems more convenient to me than an context entry
ProgMan

Problem with undoclosetab under Mozilla

Post by ProgMan »

I've got problem with undoclosetab under Mozilla 1.4 and 1.6.

I can't close any tab nor with context menu neither with X close tab button.

When I remove undoclosetab, I got the clsoe tab command working again.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

sboulema wrote:Would it be possible to undo a closed tab by middle-clicking the tabbar ? Its eems more convenient to me than an context entry

You can presently middle-click the Close Tab icon on the right of the tabbar.
dorando

Re: Problem with undoclosetab under Mozilla

Post by dorando »

ProgMan wrote:I've got problem with undoclosetab under Mozilla 1.4 and 1.6.

I can't close any tab nor with context menu neither with X close tab button.

When I remove undoclosetab, I got the clsoe tab command working again.

Hmm, do you have 'browser.tabs.extensions.undo_cache.local' in about:config? If not create it as an integer.
christos

Post by christos »

dorando wrote:Hmm, do you have 'browser.tabs.extensions.undo_cache.local' in about:config? If not create it as an integer.

What does this setting do? I installed undoclosetab on my Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040715 Firefox/0.9.1+ and I couldn't close any tabs at all.
dorando

Post by dorando »

christos wrote:
dorando wrote:Hmm, do you have 'browser.tabs.extensions.undo_cache.local' in about:config? If not create it as an integer.

What does this setting do? I installed undoclosetab on my Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040715 Firefox/0.9.1+ and I couldn't close any tabs at all.

It regulates how many closed tabs are kept in the cache and is necessary for the extension to work. If you don't have it, somehow the default pref file failed to register.
WFM in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040716 Firefox/0.9.1+
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

assuming that all else is in order with your profile, i'm pretty sure it's the FireFox event handler bug... it has happened to me too..... what i dis/do to fix it is change the order of overlays in your <profile>\chrome\overlayinfo\browser\overlay.rdf be careful and make a backup before editing the file
christos

Post by christos »

Ok, so far I've got two recommendations for undoclosetab to work:

(1) Add a 'browser.tabs.extensions.undo_cache.local' in about:config (which must be an integer)

(2) "change the order of overlays" in <profile>\chrome\overlayinfo\browser\content\overlay.rdf. Meaning what? put undoclosetab at the beginning? at the end?

(sorry for being thick)

I know my profile is fine 'case I started a new one, while trying to track this down.
christos

Post by christos »

Ok, here's the update:

Extension undoclosetab (version June 17, 2004) works fine with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040715 Firefox/0.9.1+

(1) My about:config has a 'browser.tabs.extensions.undo_cache.local' entry with value 3

(2) My <profile>\chrome\overlayinfo\browser\content\overlay.rdf lists <RDF:li>chrome://undoclosetab/content/undoclosetab.xul</RDF:li>
at the end of the file

Thanks for the help! :banana:
Martin Heller

Post by Martin Heller »

I can reproduce the "tabs cannot be closed"-situation on Firefox 0.9.1 with undoclosetab 20040617, "browser.tabs.extensions.undo_cache.local' entry is 3 :

Start in safe-mode ("...firefox.exe" -safe-mode).
Close Firefox and start again with extensions.
Then I can't close tabs.
When I disable any extension, enable it again and restart Fx, closing tabs is possible again.
HalloFreun.de, HanseNet, GeMail, AntiVirPE, Trojancheck
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0, Extensions: BlankLast, GoogleBar, Linky, undoclosetab and more