undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Sasquatch....your gonna really appreciate this extension. I have had lots of times I closed a tab and wished for an easy way to 'go back'. This does it for you. I'm still holding off on the PR due to the fact that all my extensions aren't ready yet. I can certainly understand writers being leary about 'updating' until things settle.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Yeah, especially when you only have that tiny x to close it with, and you double tap it. That sucks.
zzmann

Not compatible whith Firefox 1.0 PR

Post by zzmann »

dorando, when will be ready release of "undoclosetab" extension for Firefox 1.0 PR (if will)?
dorando

Re: Not compatible whith Firefox 1.0 PR

Post by dorando »

zzmann wrote:dorando, when will be ready release of "undoclosetab" extension for Firefox 1.0 PR (if will)?
The latest version (20040910) is compatible with 1.0PR since the release of 1.0PR.
TheOneKEA

Re: Not compatible whith Firefox 1.0 PR

Post by TheOneKEA »

dorando wrote:
zzmann wrote:dorando, when will be ready release of "undoclosetab" extension for Firefox 1.0 PR (if will)?
The latest version (20040910) is compatible with 1.0PR since the release of 1.0PR.

And what about 1.0? Do you plan on releasing early?
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
dorando

Post by dorando »

Uhm, why should I? I'll push the maxVersion via update.rdf once 1.0 has been released...
lorrainezo

Post by lorrainezo »

version 20040910 is incompatible with Firefox 1.0RC1, but no problem with 1.0PR... strange
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

the repack here is compatible with 1.0RC1
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... 26&hl=undo
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

dorando wrote:Uhm, why should I? I'll push the maxVersion via update.rdf once 1.0 has been released...

I'd say do it now, if only for testing purposes. That way, it would be ready WHEN 1.0 comes out, rather than some time after.
pcdingo

Post by pcdingo »

Yes this good extension is not compatible with Firefox 1.0 for it you need to write this in install.rdf :
<em:minVersion>0.9</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>1.0+</em:maxVersion>

Other thing as i said in my mail ,do you thing add tabs history in the context menu? not just undoclose but (previous 1,2...)
And do you think add a window option for easily change parameters such as history? as it your extension will be again better ;)
And better also add undoclose in edit menu?
SearchBox Companion(All-In-One Search button) - One button, as companion for searchbox, to find and highlight searched words
Show Anchors - Show and catch anchors in page
dorando

Post by dorando »

sasquatch wrote:I'd say do it now, if only for testing purposes.
Those wanting to test it, can adjust app.extensions.version instead...

sasquatch wrote:That way, it would be ready WHEN 1.0 comes out, rather than some time after.
But how can I claim that it works with 1.0 when I havn't been able to test it? Even small security fixes have a chance to break something...
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

lol, just so you know. (it does work)! :P
I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041101 Firefox/1.0RC2 (MOOX M3) with undoclose tab very happily.
:P It hasn't "broken" since 1.0PR technically (for me) none of the functionality has changed. (If it had I'd let ya know)

(what I'm afraid of though :S) Is what will work WHEN aviary(branch) and trunk(base) are merged. *Cringes*
That will be hell for at least a week.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

dorando wrote:

No thanks, I don't like messing around in that.

dorando wrote:...
sasquatch wrote:That way, it would be ready WHEN 1.0 comes out, rather than some time after.
But how can I claim that it works with 1.0 when I havn't been able to test it? Even small security fixes have a chance to break something...

I thought that is the reason for the nightly builds, for testing things such as this. I'm sure it would be closer than what is there now.
dorando

Post by dorando »

sasquatch wrote:
dorando wrote:
No thanks, I don't like messing around in that.
Using nightlies is like messing around with that.

sasquatch wrote:I thought that is the reason for the nightly builds, for testing things such as this. I'm sure it would be closer than what is there now.
Correct, one of the many reasons for the nightlies is that extension developers don't need to wait for the next release version to prepare their extensions for core changes. That's what I've done, so what's your point?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

The point is that the current version as-is does not work in a nightly build, which is going to be the same as the 1.0 release. I'd rather wait for the extension to be updated to work than to monkey around inside the code. Thanks for allowing me to clear that up. ;-)