undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
firepol

undoclosetab not compatible with Firefox 1.5.0.4

Post by firepol »

Hi,

I've just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.4
(User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4)

and undoclosetab (20051204) downloaded from http://mozilla.dorando.at/ is no more working and no update is available.

Dorando: I hope you'll do an update because this is one of my favorite extensions that I recommended to several friends as well.

Keep up the good work.
dorando

Post by dorando »

I'll update the update.rdf later today, as before blame the devs.
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
firepol

Post by firepol »

I'm not blaming you but one thing is sure: the compatibility of extensions is really a stupid issue. They (yes, I'm blaming the devs at Mozilla) should release a product like a "contract". So that when external developers like you build extensions they'll be compatible forever and not like now, that they eventually break in new Firefox versions. And the most supid thing is that it simply works by modifying a line of code (install.rdf?). Why wasn't the extensions feature developed in a smarter way? A big minus in usabilty for this reason. Not mentioning the others. I keep Firefox only because of the extensions. If I would use no extension I would be using Opera since a long time. The killer apps of Firefox, OMO are the extensions but Firefox is not like it was at the 0.6-0.8 old days...
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

firepol, that guarantee would make it impossible to develop firefox... or if the extension devs would have to "promise to" keep their extensions compatible ad infinitum, there would be 0 extensions...

It's a great system. I only think that Firefox should have a GUI option to override the maxversion string at will...
akrabat

Post by akrabat »

[quote="dorando"]I'll update the update.rdf later today, as [url=http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2204163#2204163]before[/url] blame the devs.[/quote]
Thanks for a great extension!

OOI, can't you just set maxversion to 1.5.0.* ?
Rob...
dorando

Post by dorando »

akrabat wrote:OOI, can't you just set maxversion to 1.5.0.* ?
As stated before this would be wrong.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Hi, dorando.
Firefox trunk checked in Bug 281012.
When close the last tab and undo close tab, two tabs(the tab and an empty tab) are opened.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Actually undoclosetab reopens only one tab since the blank tab is already there at that time (this patch changed it so that the last tab actually will be closed and new blank tab will be opened).
MechR

Post by MechR »

Is there a way to have tabs reopen on the far right, rather than in their previous position?
dorando

Post by dorando »

Remove

Code: Select all

if(this.moveTabTo) this.moveTabTo(this.selectedTab, aTab[0]);
from undoclosetab.jar!/content/undoclosetab.xul.
MechR

Post by MechR »

Thanks! :)
ctregillus

UnDoCloseTab

Post by ctregillus »

How come the updated version that works with Firefox 1.5.0.4 doesn't come up in the Firefox addons search engine results?

After the article in the "Future of Tech" PC Magazine issue (p. 115) mentioning UnDoCloseTab, I bet there are a lot of readers looking for this and having as much trouble as I did finding it
CT
dorando

Post by dorando »

Lost User 162649

Post by Lost User 162649 »

dorando can you please take a look at the post i made in the other topic below...?? Thanks mate in advance..;)

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 85#2442985
dorando

Post by dorando »

Middle clicking a tab doesn't do that for me, only middle clicking the close button on a tab, but undoclosetab doesn't claim compatibility with the Firefox 2.0 branch...