keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
klischee

Re: keyconfig 20110522

Post by klischee »

Hi

I would need a hotkey which automatically selects the "save file" node and then clicks the "ok"-button when the save-dialog is active (you get it by drag a file (like a .exe) to Firefox).

Any chance someone helps me out?
rayrayray

Post by rayrayray »

Hi,

I'm looking for a hotkey that will enable me to open the "Manage Search Engines" window. You can open this window by navigating to the search bar and hitting the arrow and then the menu item "Manage Search Engines..."

Thanks for anyone that can help!
nightson

Post by nightson »

rayrayray wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for a hotkey that will enable me to open the "Manage Search Engines" window. You can open this window by navigating to the search bar and hitting the arrow and then the menu item "Manage Search Engines..."

try

Code: Select all

document.getElementById("searchbar").openManager();
daarkside

Post by daarkside »

i would like to make an hotkey to open the bookmark library(default on strg+alt+b) with strg+b(the former function of strg+b, bookmark sidebar?) can be deleted or remapped to strg+alt+b(i dont realy care, it should be the easiest way). The tricky part is to close the bookmark library with the same hotkey (strg+b to open and strg+b to close)

is there a way? and could u gime me some advise(or helpful URLs) how to do it? I am not quite sure where to post that code snipset thar are suggested by very helpful and nice people
i ve found prefs.js so far by myslef, thats where keyconfig stores the keys(used win7 search function after i edited a key), right?
but there were no functions/expressions/variables in prefs.js, so i am uncertain where they belong to(in case i need to use them to reach my goal)

I also saw ppl talking about
view-source:chrome://browser/content/browser.xul and view-source:chrome://browser/locale/browser.dtd
i found functions in there but how can i edit them?(if i the code belongs there)
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

nightson wrote:
rayrayray wrote:Hi,

try

document.getElementById("searchbar").openManager();

or

BrowserSearch.searchBar.openManager()

Please note that the above codes won't work if you remove the searchbar from Firefox toolbar (via Customize..)
The following code will work even if you remove the searchbar

openDialog("chrome://browser/content/search/engineManager.xul", "_blank",
           "chrome, dialog, modal, centerscreen, resizable")

daarkside wrote:i would like to make an hotkey to open the bookmark library(default on strg+alt+b) with strg+b(the former function of strg+b, bookmark sidebar?) can be deleted or remapped to strg+alt+b(i dont realy care, it should be the easiest way). The tricky part is to close the bookmark library with the same hotkey (strg+b to open and strg+b to close)

var organizer = Services.wm.getMostRecentWindow("Places:Organizer");
if (!organizer) {
  openDialog("chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul", "",
             "chrome, toolbar=yes, dialog=no, resizable", "AllBookmarks");
} else {
  organizer.close();
}
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
daarkside

Post by daarkside »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
daarkside wrote:i would like to make an hotkey to open the bookmark library(default on strg+alt+b) with strg+b(the former function of strg+b, bookmark sidebar?) can be deleted or remapped to strg+alt+b(i dont realy care, it should be the easiest way). The tricky part is to close the bookmark library with the same hotkey (strg+b to open and strg+b to close)

var organizer = Services.wm.getMostRecentWindow("Places:Organizer");
if (!organizer) {
  openDialog("chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul", "",
             "chrome, toolbar=yes, dialog=no, resizable", "AllBookmarks");
} else {
  organizer.close();
}

THX, works perfect, u REALY did me a favor

i tried to edit the code right inside the keyconfig ff addon, but it didnt work in the first place, so i got confused and startet looking for another solution/place to paste it. Sometimes life is easier then u would expect. Thx again man, helping ppl out in an 149 pages long thread.
rayrayray

Post by rayrayray »

Zoolcar9 wrote:Please note that the above codes won't work if you remove the searchbar from Firefox toolbar (via Customize..)
The following code will work even if you remove the searchbar

openDialog("chrome://browser/content/search/engineManager.xul", "_blank",
           "chrome, dialog, modal, centerscreen, resizable")

Beautiful! Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to hide the search bar, but use the hotkey to manage my search engines.

Thanks!
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

rayrayray wrote:I wanted to hide the search bar, but use the hotkey to manage my search engines.

…and use the keywords on URL bar to search the web. That's really smart :D
I always use keywords but never thought of hiding the searchbar.

daarkside

Post by daarkside »

Uppon pressing CTRL+D the "edit this bookmark" menu is opened, is there a way to have the "show all bookmarks folders" drop down menu be droped down everytime i press ctrl+d? But Only the folders of "Bookmarks Menu" should be visible NOT the subfolder inside the folders. (bookmark menu is the only place where i created folders)
Is there a way to resize the window? Keep the width and increase the length, so it reaches from the adress bar top till the taskbar bottom.
nightson

Post by nightson »

I was using this code to bookmark the active tab:

var bookmarkURI = Cc['@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1'].getService(Ci.nsIIOService).newURI(content.document.location, null, null);
    var bookmarkId = PlacesUtils.bookmarks.insertBookmark(PlacesUtils.unfiledBookmarksFolderId, bookmarkURI, PlacesUtils.bookmarks.DEFAULT_INDEX, content.document.title);

Now I want it to check whether the current page is bookmarked before doing anything. If the tab is bookmarked, then unbookmark it. If not, then run the code above. Can anyone help me modify it?
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

nightson wrote:Now I want it to check whether the current page is bookmarked before doing anything. If the tab is bookmarked, then unbookmark it. If not, then run the code above. Can anyone help me modify it?

var bmsvc = Cc["@mozilla.org/browser/nav-bookmarks-service;1"].
            getService(Ci.nsINavBookmarksService);

var ios = Cc["@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1"].getService(Ci.nsIIOService);

var uri = ios.newURI(content.document.location.href, null, null);

if (!bmsvc.isBookmarked(uri)) { // if it's not bookmarked
  // add bookmark
  bmsvc.insertBookmark(bmsvc.bookmarksMenuFolder, uri,
                       bmsvc.DEFAULT_INDEX, content.document.title);
}
 else { // if not
  // remove bookmark
  bmsvc.removeItem(bmsvc.getBookmarkIdsForURI(uri));
}

References:
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsINavBookmarksService
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Manipulating_bookmarks_using_Places

daarkside wrote:Uppon pressing CTRL+D the "edit this bookmark" menu is opened, is there a way to have the "show all bookmarks folders" drop down menu be droped down everytime i press ctrl+d? But Only the folders of "Bookmarks Menu" should be visible NOT the subfolder inside the folders. (bookmark menu is the only place where i created folders)
Is there a way to resize the window? Keep the width and increase the length, so it reaches from the adress bar top till the taskbar bottom.

Not with keyconfig/JavaScript but you can add this CSS code with Stylish or userChrome.css.

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
#editBMPanel_folderTreeRow { visibility: visible !important; }

nightson

Post by nightson »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
nightson wrote:Now I want it to check whether the current page is bookmarked before doing anything. If the tab is bookmarked, then unbookmark it. If not, then run the code above. Can anyone help me modify it?

var bmsvc = Cc["@mozilla.org/browser/nav-bookmarks-service;1"].
            getService(Ci.nsINavBookmarksService);

var ios = Cc["@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1"].getService(Ci.nsIIOService);

var uri = ios.newURI(content.document.location.href, null, null);

if (!bmsvc.isBookmarked(uri)) { // if it's not bookmarked
  // add bookmark
  bmsvc.insertBookmark(bmsvc.bookmarksMenuFolder, uri,
                       bmsvc.DEFAULT_INDEX, content.document.title);
}
 else { // if not
  // remove bookmark
  bmsvc.removeItem(bmsvc.getBookmarkIdsForURI(uri));
}

References:
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsINavBookmarksService
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Manipulating_bookmarks_using_Places

daarkside wrote:Uppon pressing CTRL+D the "edit this bookmark" menu is opened, is there a way to have the "show all bookmarks folders" drop down menu be droped down everytime i press ctrl+d? But Only the folders of "Bookmarks Menu" should be visible NOT the subfolder inside the folders. (bookmark menu is the only place where i created folders)

Not with keyconfig/JavaScript but you can add this CSS code with Stylish or userChrome.css.

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
#editBMPanel_folderTreeRow { visibility: visible !important; }

Thank you so much! How careless of me not to find the second MDN article :oops: ...
Morgan B

Post by Morgan B »

Suggestion:
Just like the Scriptish add-on, use the Scratchpad as the key editor. I would make editing keys a lot simpler.
XMan77

Post by XMan77 »

Why do "Ctrl+F" and "/" point to the same function which is "gFindBar.onFindCommand();" but pressing the keys result in different actions? One opens the find bar and the other the quick find bar
ichigokurasaki

Post by ichigokurasaki »

can anyone know if how to change keyboard shortcuts for thunderbird version 2.0..Please reply. thanks alot..