keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
MonkeeSage

Post by MonkeeSage »

CTRL+X is the shoftcut for cutting text, that might be the cause of the problem. Try Alt+X or CTRL+SHIFT+X...

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G
"[M]en are usually satisfied with bad argument only when their convictions rest on other grounds." --John Oman
dorando

Post by dorando »

bdwelle wrote:This is the start of what I'm looking for, thanks dorando. I am trying to use keyconfig to set up "z" and "x" like Opera -- or at least "Ctrl Z" and "Ctrl X". The single-key shortcuts show up as "+z" and "+x" -- and firefox kindof goes haywire... If I do "accel+z" and "accel+x", Ctrl Z works for back, but Fwd seems to act a bit strange - it doesn't move through the page stack correctly.

You need to enter the key into the second input box and not the third one which is for special keycodes only. Single key shortcuts will work, but sadly you won't be able to use typeaheadfind (even with autostart disabled).
bdwelle

Post by bdwelle »

ah. ok, thx

How sad that it conflicts with typeaheadfind even with autostart disabled. It shouldn't -- sounds like a bug.
mozbugbox

Post by mozbugbox »

Does the keyconfig also work with key bindings defined inside xbl bindings? <handler>. Or do you have any plan to have it work with XBL binding in the future?

I think XBL binding is pretty standard in mozilla. I'm thinking to move to XBL binding as a means to reduce duplicated overlayed xul codes between firefox and mozilla.
dorando

Post by dorando »

mozbugbox wrote:Does the keyconfig also work with key bindings defined inside xbl bindings? <handler>. Or do you have any plan to have it work with XBL binding in the future?

Nope. I've havn't looked into it much yet, but these don't seem to be exposed anywhere...
mozbugbox

Post by mozbugbox »

dorando wrote:
mozbugbox wrote:Does the keyconfig also work with key bindings defined inside xbl bindings? <handler>. Or do you have any plan to have it work with XBL binding in the future?

Nope. I've havn't looked into it much yet, but these don't seem to be exposed anywhere...

Since the Dom Inspector can actually show XBL bindings, I assumed that the bindings can be 'seen' from the extension. I am not sure though, if the Dom Inspector simply parse the binding file and display the content or it get the information from the gecko.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Looking at the source it seems that DOMi only loads the xml files...
KeysRalph

Post by KeysRalph »

Please let us know if you can get it to work like opera..

My interest is only if it can be set up for "One Key" touch, not having to touch a second key, like Alt or Ctrl

Ralph :-)

See also:-
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 530#577530
notadoofus

Post by notadoofus »

Dorando, thanks for this. Works like a charm.
Luftpost

Post by Luftpost »

me t00
dorando

Post by dorando »

A new release since Bug 255617 has been fixed. Nightly users should set app.extensions.version to 0.9 if they want to use this extension...
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

And the rebellion against ugly GUIDs marches ever onwards. Giving extensions their own directory and RDF was a stroke of genius, giving them GUIDs wasn't. However, having a directory of properly named extensions makes everything beautiful and right again. I'd already reIDed your previous version but nonetheless, I praise you for doing this anyway. ^.^
bleedinge

Post by bleedinge »

I've just installed the new version 2004-09-10 and it won't allow me to set preferences. I'm using Firefox/0.9.3

This is the RDF description for the installed plugin:

<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:extension:keyconfig"
em:version="20040910"
em:name="keyconfig"
em:description="Rebind your keys."
em:creator="Dorando"
em:homepageURL="http://mozilla.dorando.at/"
em:updateURL="http://mozilla.dorando.at/update.rdf">
<em:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$JnnPW1"/>
<em:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$KnnPW1"/>
</RDF:Description>

As you can see there's no optionsURL. Do you know what the problem is?
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

dorando - I wondered if you'd be willing to add something along the lines of a placeholder key to keyconfig that would add keybindings to some of the menu items that people have been asking for (e.g. Page Info)?

Also, if you don't want to take this on but would be willing to incorporate it into the existing distribution I may have time to add it.
dorando

Post by dorando »

bleedinge wrote:Do you know what the problem is?

Care to read the first post?

wig_out_on_me wrote:dorando - I wondered if you'd be willing to add something along the lines of a placeholder key to keyconfig that would add keybindings to some of the menu items that people have been asking for (e.g. Page Info)?

Also, if you don't want to take this on but would be willing to incorporate it into the existing distribution I may have time to add it.

I plan to eventually create an extension (instead of integrating this functionality) but I had not time for it yet, so feel free to do it.
Last edited by dorando on September 29th, 2004, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.