keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
dorando

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by dorando »

Changing browser.ctrlTab.previews to true about:config might be what you want (holding down Ctrl longer will open the preview, but just a single Ctrl+Tab will switch directly).
adulttw

Post by adulttw »

dorando wrote:Changing browser.ctrlTab.previews to true about:config might be what you want (holding down Ctrl longer will open the preview, but just a single Ctrl+Tab will switch directly).

browser.ctrlTab.previews had been already true.

Maybe my words are not clear.
If I have tab 1 ~ 10.
I view tab2,then I view tab7.
I want to come back tab2.
Then I back tab7,then back tab2,tab7,tab2,tab7......

A Shortcuts to focus the previous selected tab is Ctrl+Tab.
Another Shortcuts to focus the next selected tab is Ctrl+shift+Tab.

I want to make them to one Shortcuts,ONLY ONE.

Might anyone make it come ture??
dorando

Post by dorando »

That is what Ctrl+Tab does for me if the pref is enabled (Ctrl+Shift+Tab instead opens the All Tabs Preview, the same as with browser.allTabs.previews).
Maybe you have any Tab related extensions installed which change or break that behavior (Tab Mix Plus, for example, seems to break it if browser.ctrlTab.recentlyUsedLimit is lower than 2).
adulttw

Post by adulttw »

Thx~
I can use Ctrl+Tab to switch two tabs.
But how can I make "Ctrl+Tab" to one key by keyconfig??
hllwn

Post by hllwn »

Is there any workaround possible with keyconfig for Bug 78414?
For example I'd like to close tab when plugin has focus. Is there anything I can add in front of

Code: Select all

BrowserCloseTabOrWindow()
so that I can close the tab without clicking around first.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by hllwn on June 26th, 2010, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuertes::Benjami

Post by Fuertes::Benjami »

This extension is perfect to change thunderbird's close tab hotkey (Ctrl-W) to the habitual Ctrl-F4.

Many thanks dorando!
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

Both Keyconfig and MenuManipulator are showing up as incompatible with Firefox 3.6.6.

Any chance of an update to both of these? :)
dorando

Post by dorando »

adulttw wrote:Thx~
Try

ctrlTab.open();
ctrlTab.pick(); 

hllwn wrote:Is there any workaround possible with keyconfig for Bug 78414?
Nope. You might be able to use an external program like AutoHotkey to achieve what you want.

Amsuke wrote:Both Keyconfig and MenuManipulator are showing up as incompatible with Firefox 3.6.6.
Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

Note that it is possible to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6' through about:config.
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

dorando wrote:
Amsuke wrote:
Both Keyconfig and MenuManipulator are showing up as incompatible with Firefox 3.6.6.

Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

Thanks! Incidentally, the actual xpi downloads still seem to be the same. Will they be updated at some point as well?
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hello...

Was pointed here from a desire to change the hotkey combo for toggling the new Quickfilter toolbar in TB 3.1.

I'm hesitant to install extensions that are not officially supported at the Addons site, but have heard about keyconfig for many years so wouldn't mind making an exception. That said, I also read on the first post page that keyconfig won't actually *change* a key binding, it only adds others?

What I'm trying to resolve is the irritation caused by Ctrl-F being used for both the new Quickfilter toolbar *and* the 'Find in this message' toolbar... I want to assign Ctrl-Alt-F for the new Quickfilter toolbar, and let Ctrl-F be used for the Find in this message toolbar. Can I accomplish this with keyconfig?

Thanks...
adulttw

Post by adulttw »

dorando wrote:
adulttw wrote:Thx~
Try

ctrlTab.open();
ctrlTab.pick(); 

Thank you!
It is work~
dorando

Post by dorando »

Amsuke wrote:Incidentally, the actual xpi downloads still seem to be the same. Will they be updated at some point as well?
Not for compatibility information updates since these are also retrieved during installation.

tanstaafl_bh wrote:What I'm trying to resolve is the irritation caused by Ctrl-F being used for both the new Quickfilter toolbar *and* the 'Find in this message' toolbar... I want to assign Ctrl-Alt-F for the new Quickfilter toolbar, and let Ctrl-F be used for the Find in this message toolbar. Can I accomplish this with keyconfig?
Try disabling "Toolbars > Quick Filter Bar" and Add a new key containing

SetFocusMessagePane();
document.getElementById("FindToolbar").onFindCommand();  
for Ctrl+F, and

QuickFilterBarMuxer._showFilterBar(true);
document.getElementById(QuickFilterManager.textBoxDomId).select();  
for Alt+Ctrl+F (unlike Toolbars > Quick Filter Bar this shouldn't switch between Quick Filter and Find).

Note that Find and Replace… in the Compose window uses the same id (key_find) and will be disabled too, so you might need to add another one containing

goDoCommand('cmd_find') 
to the Compose window (select it from the dropdown while the Compose window is open). Use a different name for that shortcut otherwise it will overwrite the other custom key.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

dorando wrote:
tanstaafl_bh wrote:What I'm trying to resolve is the irritation caused by Ctrl-F being used for both the new Quickfilter toolbar *and* the 'Find in this message' toolbar... I want to assign Ctrl-Alt-F for the new Quickfilter toolbar, and let Ctrl-F be used for the Find in this message toolbar. Can I accomplish this with keyconfig?
Try disabling "Toolbars > Quick Filter Bar" and Add a new key containing

SetFocusMessagePane();
document.getElementById("FindToolbar").onFindCommand();  
for Ctrl+F, and

document.getElementById(QuickFilterManager.textBoxDomId).select();  
for Alt+Ctrl+F (unlike Toolbars > Quick Filter Bar this shouldn't switch between Quick Filter and Find).

Note that Find and Replace… in the Compose window uses the same id (key_find) and will be disabled too, so you might need to add another one containing

goDoCommand('cmd_find') 
to the Compose window (select it from the dropdown while the Compose window is open). Use a different name for that shortcut otherwise it will overwrite the other custom key.

Thanks! That worked... sortof...

Is there any way to make it a toggle effect? Meaning, 1st Ctrl(-Alt)-F toggles it on, 2nd Ctrl(-Alt)-F toggles it off, etc?

Not a big deal I guess, because Esc works to toggle both off once they are visible, but it would be less confusing for our users if the same key combo just acted as a toggle.

Many thanks for the tip!
dorando

Post by dorando »

Try

var FindToolbar = document.getElementById("FindToolbar");

if(
document.commandDispatcher.focusedElement != FindToolbar._findField.inputField) {
 SetFocusMessagePane();
 FindToolbar.onFindCommand();
}
 else {
 FindToolbar.close();
}

and

var textWidget = document.getElementById(QuickFilterManager.textBoxDomId);

if(!
QuickFilterBarMuxer.activeFilterer.visible || document.commandDispatcher.focusedElement != textWidget.inputField) {
 textWidget.select();
}
 else {
 QuickFilterBarMuxer._showFilterBar(false);
}

clnelson

Post by clnelson »

Hi All,

I've browsed through this thread but was unable to find a simple function I'm trying to do. Specifically, I'm rotating between tabs and need to do something like:

Go to tab 1
Ctrl-S
Go to tab 2

I've pieced together the source to look something like:

gBrowser.selectTabAtIndex(0, event);
?
gBrowser.selectTabAtIndex(2, event);

I'm not sure what the second line should be. It seems simple and I've tried entering various commands without success. Any suggestions?