keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
littlebigman

Re: keyconfig 20110522

Post by littlebigman »

Hello

I have three issues while using Keyconfig in Thunderbird:
  1. CTRL+M is no longer listed for File > Get New Messages for > All Accounts
  2. Even though CTRL+M is not listed, I can't assign it to that event
  3. I created a key ("key1434315020146") that I don't need, but there's no way to delete a key

Thank you/
bege

Post by bege »

littlebigman wrote:Hello

I have three issues while using Keyconfig in Thunderbird:
  1. CTRL+M is no longer listed for File > Get New Messages for > All Accounts
  2. Even though CTRL+M is not listed, I can't assign it to that event
  3. I created a key ("key1434315020146") that I don't need, but there's no way to delete a key

Thank you/

Hi,
here ctrl+M is assigned to "new message". This may come from an add-on, I don't know. So I cannot help with no. 1 and 2.
With respect to no.3 you need to press reset (I have a non-English locale, I guess it says reset in English, anyway the right-most button). With a new start of TB the key will be vanished.
xabolcs

Re: fix for keyconfig 20110522

Post by xabolcs »

morat wrote:In case anyone is interested, here is a fix for the following error in keyconfig 20110522.

Error: TypeError: props is undefined
Source file: chrome://keyconfig/content/keyconfig.js
Line: 420

Thanks for posting!
Wang Xiao Ming

Post by Wang Xiao Ming »

Hi guys.
Anyone knows how to expand the "Australis" (aka Sandwich) Open Menu button in Firefox 29+?
hcl8182

Post by hcl8182 »

I know this question may be asked before, but sorry for this post is too long to read it over to find out the answer------
What is the code for 'go to the LAST TAB' and 'go to the FIRST TAB' in firefox? thx~~
t3l0zvxqIiXuzuH0

Post by t3l0zvxqIiXuzuH0 »

Wang Xiao Ming wrote:Hi guys.
Anyone knows how to expand the "Australis" (aka Sandwich) Open Menu button in Firefox 29+?

Code: Select all

document.getElementById("PanelUI-menu-button").click();

hcl8182 wrote:I know this question may be asked before, but sorry for this post is too long to read it over to find out the answer------
What is the code for 'go to the LAST TAB' and 'go to the FIRST TAB' in firefox? thx~~

gBrowser.selectTabAtIndex(-1, event);
gBrowser.selectTabAtIndex(0, event);

Open Keyconfig menu. They are there already. Just look for: key_selectTab1, key_selectTab2, ... , key_selectLastTab.
hcl8182

Post by hcl8182 »

t3l0zvxqIiXuzuH0 wrote:
Wang Xiao Ming wrote:Hi guys.

document.getElementById("PanelUI-menu-button").click();

hcl8182 wrote:I know this question may be asked before, but sorry for this post is too long to read it over to find out the answer------

gBrowser.selectTabAtIndex(-1, event);
gBrowser.selectTabAtIndex(0, event);

Open Keyconfig menu. They are there already. Just look for: key_selectTab1, key_selectTab2, ... , key_selectLastTab.

Oh yes~~just miss it. Thank you very much :oops:
avada

Post by avada »

Is there a way to change/cycle dictionary languages for spell checker?
Or at least choose by order or language name? I have two languages.

(Dictionary switcher is broken for a long while now. Other addons also don't really work with some kinds of textfields, and all are broken with e10s enabled.)
bege

Post by bege »

avada wrote:Is there a way to change/cycle dictionary languages for spell checker?
Or at least choose by order or language name? I have two languages.

(Dictionary switcher is broken for a long while now. Other addons also don't really work with some kinds of textfields, and all are broken with e10s enabled.)

var dictionary = "en-US";

var Cc = Components.classes; var Ci = Components.interfaces;

Cc['@mozilla.org/spellchecker/engine;1'].getService(Ci.mozISpellCheckingEngine).dictionary = dictionary;

var nsIContentPrefService2 = Cc["@mozilla.org/content-pref/service;1"].getService(Ci.nsIContentPrefService2);
    var target = document.commandDispatcher.focusedWindow;
    if(target == window) target = content;
    var loadContext = target.QueryInterface(Ci.nsIInterfaceRequestor).getInterface(Ci.nsIWebNavigation).QueryInterface(Ci.nsILoadContext);
    nsIContentPrefService2.set(target.location, "spellcheck.lang", dictionary, loadContext);

Services.prefs.setCharPref("spellchecker.dictionary", dictionary);

This is for Firefox, US-english, change first line for other languages. (Credits don't go to me, I received this some time ago in this thread.)
naachan

Post by naachan »

Hello all. I've been trying to figure out how to put together some commands, but I can't quite figure out the code for them, and I haven't seen anything really similar anywhere in the thread to build from. I'm trying to set up commands to move the current tab to the next or previous tab group. Ideally, it'd move it to the last position in that tab group and would maintain focus, so it'd stay on that tab and shift the tab bar to the tab group it's been moved to. It shouldn't do anything if there's only one tab group open; I don't want it generating a new group in this instance. Unfortunately, I really don't have any real idea where to begin here. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a hand here. Thanks!
mysteriousfea

Post by mysteriousfea »

Hi everyone,
I am trying to set up a shortcut to Repair the folders (what you do when right-clicking on a folder > settings > repair). Through the DOM inspector, I found out that the command was RebuildSummaryInformation() and the button id was folderRebuildSummaryButton.
I then tried to set up a shortcut using

goDoCommand("RebuildSummaryInformation")

goDoCommand("cmd_RebuildSummaryInformation")
and

RebuildSummaryInformation()
, but none works.
Do you have any idea why?
Thanks very much,
M.
WCityMike

Post by WCityMike »

I am fairly certain we're going to lose the ability to use Keyconfig as of the next version of Firefox.

As far as I can tell from his posting profile, Dorando appears to have stopped posting here as of June 2014. I don't see any sign of further keyconfig involvement since then.

Because of that, I think the chances of him uploading a signed version of keyconfig to addons.mozilla.org are pretty low.

Because of THAT, I think we'll lose the ability to use Keyconfig if we upgrade. (Which is why I've set my current Firefox to stop any automatic upgrading.)

I tried reaching him at another one of his websites about this issue, and received no response.

Anyone have any thoughts?
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

keyconfig will still work in FF 40 but with a warning in the Add-ons manager.
WCityMike

Post by WCityMike »

MarkRH wrote:keyconfig will still work in FF 40 but with a warning in the Add-ons manager.

Mark, in FF 42+, any unsigned extension won't work.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Addons/Extension_Signing
ketchikan

Post by ketchikan »

I noticed the new warning today too. I would love to keep using this on the (non-ESR) release channel.

The plugin is old (last updated 2011-05-22 I think), but it's very simple yet powerful and has continued to work without issues when many other extensions have broken on FF updates.

Has anyone PMed dorando yet? I don't want to bombard them with messages, but on the readme that is their preferred method of contact.
If the dorando is unresponsive for an extended period of time (maybe by 2015-09-22 when FF41 comes out) would it be ethical / allowed for one of us to do something with it? When does a project become abandoned? I would be hesitant to touch someone else's project without their express approval.

I know there already is a signed "Key config" extension, but it doesn't seem to work as effectively for me at binding / unbinding as this one.