keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Denny Crane

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by Denny Crane »

[post deleted]
Last edited by Denny Crane on October 15th, 2011, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorando

Post by dorando »

dirtdoge wrote:Is it possible to change/remove the shift-click opens link in new window?
Nope, not with keyconfig. You could try to build your own extension with http://dev.dorando.at/mozilla/blank.xpi as a base (.xpi is the same as .zip) and insert

Code: Select all

<script><![CDATA[

eval(
"handleLinkClick ="+handleLinkClick.toString().replace(
'if (event.shiftKey) {',
'if (event.shiftKey) { return false; '));

]]>
</script>
above the </overlay> in overlays/main.xul.
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

[post deleted]
Last edited by Denny Crane on October 15th, 2011, 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
sotero2

Post by sotero2 »

im new. i just want to get rid of the key shortcut "commad return" on my mac. could someone guide me to an addon for firefox 3 that does that. one more question is firefox 3 a cocoa application?
thanks
dorando

Post by dorando »

sotero2 wrote:i just want to get rid of the key shortcut "commad return" on my mac.
If you mean Complete .com Address there are some extension which might be able to change/disable that including URL Suffix, URL Suffix (bug 440965), nURL Suffix, and URL Suffix - Continued. You likely need to disable compatibility checking (by adding add a boolean extensions.checkCompatibility through about:config) for the first or register over there for the rest.

You could also try to build your own extension with http://dev.dorando.at/mozilla/blank.xpi as a base (.xpi is the same as .zip) and insert

<script><![CDATA[

eval(
"canonizeUrl ="+canonizeUrl.toString().replace(
'var accel = ',
'var accel = null;'));

]]>
</script>
above the </overlay> in overlays/main.xul.

If you meant the behavior on links try:

<script><![CDATA[

eval(
'if (event.metaKey) {',
'if (event.metaKey) { if(event.clientX == 0) return false;'));

]]>
</script>
sotero2

Post by sotero2 »

"command return" conflicts with megazoomer so i was thinking on disassociating that key configuration.
thanks for the help
which command code is better to use in this case?
sotero2

Post by sotero2 »

i get this error when i install the add on
ErrorFirefox could not install the file at

file:///Users/sotero2/Documents/blank%202.xpi

because: Install script not found

main.xul file reads as follow:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<overlay id="userxul-main.xul" xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

<script><![CDATA[

eval("handleLinkClick ="+handleLinkClick.toString().replace(
'if (event.metaKey) {',
'if (event.metaKey) { if(event.clientX == 0) return false;'));

]]></script>
</overlay>
dorando

Post by dorando »

sotero2 wrote:one more question is firefox 3 a cocoa application?
I don't know but
Mac:Roadmap wrote:Firefox [3] will use cocoa widgets, becoming a Cocoa-based application."

sotero2 wrote:"command return" conflicts with megazoomer so i was thinking on disassociating that key configuration.
thanks for the help
Both most likely (assuming they work for your use case). You can insert both blocks or make them one like:

<script><![CDATA[

eval(
'var accel = ',
'var accel = null;'));

eval(
'if (event.metaKey) {',

]]>
</script>

sotero2 wrote:i get this error when i install the add on

Hmm, maybe the structure within the .xpi got broken (I've found a post that likely explains it better than I could).

You could also try to install the original file and edit it from your profile folder (it should get extracted into extensions/userxul@nobody after you've restarted Firefox).
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

javascript:function%20noErr(){status='Script%20error-ForceImages';return%20true;}onerror=noErr;function%20loadImages(r){var%20i,n,s,q;q=0;for(i=0;i<r.document.images.length;i++){s=r.document.images[i].src;if(!r.document.images[i].complete||r.document.images[i].fileSize<0){r.document.images[i].src='empty.gif';r.document.images[i].src=s;}}}function%20forceImages(r){var%20errOccured=false;var%20i;var%20frm;for(i=0;i<r.frames.length;i++){frm=r.frames[i];var%20bdy=null;try{bdy=frm.document.body;}catch(e){errOccured=true;}if(errOccured)break;if(!bdy){window.r=r;r.setTimeout('forceImages(r)',10);return;}loadImages(r);if(frm.frames.length>0)forceImages(frm);}if(r.document.body)loadImages(r);}forceImages(top);

This is a bookmarklet that can reload those images on one webpages which fail to show!
Can you change it to keyconfig code?
sotero2

Post by sotero2 »

dorando wrote:
sotero2 wrote:one more question is firefox 3 a cocoa application?
I don't know but
Mac:Roadmap wrote:Firefox [3] will use cocoa widgets, becoming a Cocoa-based application."

sotero2 wrote:"command return" conflicts with megazoomer so i was thinking on disassociating that key configuration.
thanks for the help
Both most likely (assuming they work for your use case). You can insert both blocks or make them one like:

<script><![CDATA[

eval(
'var accel = ',
'var accel = null;'));

eval(
'if (event.metaKey) {',

]]>
</script>

sotero2 wrote:i get this error when i install the add on

Hmm, maybe the structure within the .xpi got broken (I've found a post that likely explains it better than I could).

You could also try to install the original file and edit it from your profile folder (it should get extracted into extensions/userxul@nobody after you've restarted Firefox).

thank you, i finally installed it and it did work to the extend that firefox now doesnt carry out the function of "command return" but ff3 still recognizes when i click those two keys at the same time. i know it recognizes it because it does that annoying sound like error or something like that. i need a code that completely DISASSOCIATE those two keys when press at the same time.
thanks to everybody that trying to help.
sotero2

Post by sotero2 »

is it hard to compile ff3 from the source and changing or replacing those key with other keys.
dorando

Post by dorando »

nettrotter wrote:This is a bookmarklet that can reload those images on one webpages which fail to show!
Can you change it to keyconfig code?
It seems to work if you replace all %20 with a space and forceImages(top); with forceImages(content);

You could also use

content.location = "javascript:function%20noErr..." 
or (if you added a keyword to the bookmarklet)

loadURI(getShortcutOrURI('keyword',{}));
to run the code within the page.

sotero2 wrote:thank you, i finally installed it and it did work to the extend that firefox now doesnt carry out the function of "command return" but ff3 still recognizes when i click those two keys at the same time. i know it recognizes it because it does that annoying sound like error or something like that. i need a code that completely DISASSOCIATE those two keys when press at the same time.
thanks to everybody that trying to help.
Hmm, try

eval("handleLinkClick ="+handleLinkClick.toString().replace(
'if (event.metaKey) {',
'if (event.metaKey) { if(event.clientX == 0) { event.preventDefault(); return false;}'));  

sotero2 wrote:is it hard to compile ff3 from the source and changing or replacing those key with other keys.
You might want to take a look at the Build Documentation, but I don't what you would need to change (or if it is even possible in the way keys are handled).
sotero2

Post by sotero2 »

dorando i tried it with the same results. i was thinking if you could please rewrite the following code for "command enter" instead of "shift click" since this worked for doge.
<script><![CDATA[

eval("handleLinkClick ="+handleLinkClick.toString().replace(
'if (event.shiftKey) {',
'if (event.shiftKey) { loadURI(href, null, null, false); return false; '));
]]></script>
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

dorando, i am having another thorny problem to trouble you!

javascript:(function(){var%20a=window,b=document,c=encodeURIComponent,d=a.open("http://citebite.com/fetch?q="+(window.getSelection%20?%20window.getSelection()%20:%20document.selection.createRange().text)+"&u="+c(b.location)+"&qs=bookmarklet","popup","left="+((a.screenX||a.screenLeft)+10)+",top="+((a.screenY||a.screenTop)+10)+",height=600px,width=800px,toolbar=1,scrollbars=1,location=1,statusbar=1,menubar=1,resizable=1,alwaysRaised=1");a.setTimeout(function(){d.focus()},300)})();

the above is a great bookmarklet that will directly link to text you highlight via http://www.citebite.com by means of one generated url. The url concept attracts me particularly ,which renders it very convenient to share with your friends what you highlight on webpage directly. Now I wanna ask you some questions:
1, if i wanna the url generation take place totally background without openning a new tab, what code should i change for keyconfig use?
2. if the request no.1 is not viable, what about the code to make url generation happen on a new background tab?

I like to hear from you very soon. Thanks a million in advance!
lexluthor

Post by lexluthor »

Keyconfig disabled when updating to Thunderbird 2.0.0.18.

Any udpate coming?