keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
poobear

Re: keyconfig 20080611

Post by poobear »

tonymec wrote:
nikl4sss wrote:
roamlog wrote:change the max version

One can easily change it itself by editing maxversion in install.rdf in the .xpi file, then resaving the file and dragging it to Firefox.

or else, set extensions.checkCompatibility to false. This method is easy but there are drawbacks to it, however: it is global, and removes one kind of protection.

http://localhostr.com/files/293644/Bild+1.png Hm, I dont find that :?:

SA Jack wrote:I downloaded the updated keyconfig.xpi referenced above, however, Thunderbird would not install it. It displayed a message that keyconfig was only compatible up through 2.0.0.14.

Any suggestions. Thanks. -SA Jack

It may be that the referenced .xpi only was updated for Firefox. There is seperate strings for Thunderbird and Firefox
SANAFABICH

Post by SANAFABICH »

lol they just released firefox 3.0.3 (that was fast), and keyconfig will go bye bye again :(
Alas, poor Nupraptor, I knew him well... well... not really - Kain
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

nikl4sss wrote:
tonymec wrote:[...]
or else, set extensions.checkCompatibility to false. This method is easy but there are drawbacks to it, however: it is global, and removes one kind of protection.

http://localhostr.com/files/293644/Bild+1.png Hm, I dont find that :?:
[...]

It is in about:config (or, for Thunderbird, the Config Editor) and it doesn't exist by default (use Right-click => New => Boolean to create it).

If you do that, the version compatibility check will still be done (and its result, if negative, displayed in the add-ons manager) but it won't make the application disable any extension anymore. Of course, if there really is an incompatibility at the code level, all hell may break loose.
Best regards,
Tony
lexluthor

Post by lexluthor »

Will there be any update that will officially restore compatibility for keyconfig under thunderbird.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

lexluthor wrote:Will there be any update that will officially restore compatibility for keyconfig under thunderbird.

I bet there will, but I won't say when. Probably no later than the next keyconfig upgrade.
Best regards,
Tony
ViperGeek

Post by ViperGeek »

For those unwilling to do the .xpi -> .zip -> unzip -> edit -> zip -> .xpi hack, I've taken the liberty of replacing the last digit in each maxVersion listed in the .rdf file with a wildcard. You can download/install the totally unsupported hack from http://drop.io/keyconfig .

- Dave
ViperGeek

Post by ViperGeek »

ViperGeek wrote:For those unwilling to do the .xpi -> .zip -> unzip -> edit -> zip -> .xpi hack, I've taken the liberty of replacing the last digit in each maxVersion listed in the .rdf file with a wildcard. You can download/install the totally unsupported hack from http://drop.io/keyconfig .

As irony would have it, keyconfig 20080929 came out minutes after I made the hack available: http://mozilla.dorando.at/keyconfig.xpi . ](*,)

- Dave
d6g

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by d6g »

It seems the forward menu/back menu scripts stop working with newer version of Firefox, like mine has something like

Code: Select all

document.getElementById("backMenu") is null
in the error console.

Guess it's because the new universal back/forward drop-down menu, is there a way to display that?
dorando

Post by dorando »

aallen005 wrote:Thanks for all your suggestions, doando. I tried disabling other extensions, no luck. I changed the keyconfig.profile value to not_main (it was "main"), and that basically reset all the keyconfig options I'd set up; but when I tried to redo the "home" key as CTL+H, same problem.

BUT I decided to try something else: I tried the "home" key as CMD+SHIFT+H (instead of the default CMD+H) and that worked. It seems, therefore, that the problem is with the control key.

But why would a Mac not let me use the control key? Strange...
Have you tried to Add a new key ( BrowserHome(); for Home) and assign a Ctrl combination to it? Does this also happen if you assign it to Ctrl+Shift+H or Alt+Ctrl+H? Does the History menu also light up if you assign it to Ctrl+E (or any other)?

d6g wrote:It seems the forward menu/back menu scripts stop working with newer version of Firefox, like mine has something like

document.getElementById("backMenu") is null
in the error console.

Guess it's because the new universal back/forward drop-down menu, is there a way to display that?
Try

document.getElementById("back-forward-dropmarker").open = true; 
Qwerky

Post by Qwerky »

ViperGeek wrote:
ViperGeek wrote:For those unwilling to do the .xpi -> .zip -> unzip -> edit -> zip -> .xpi hack, I've taken the liberty of replacing the last digit in each maxVersion listed in the .rdf file with a wildcard. You can download/install the totally unsupported hack from http://drop.io/keyconfig .

As irony would have it, keyconfig 20080929 came out minutes after I made the hack available: http://mozilla.dorando.at/keyconfig.xpi . ](*,)

- Dave

Firefox notified me of the update shortly after it was released. However, for some reason Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 will not find this update, which is preventing me from upgrading to 2.0.0.17. Dorando, is this update for Thunderbird?
Mr. Qwerky
nettrotter

Re:

Post by nettrotter »

old zeniko wrote:

Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"]
    .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper)
    .copyString(content.document.title);

It's great.But what is the code to copy title + URL together. I mean copy it like"title" - "URL"
dorando

Post by dorando »

Qwerky wrote:Firefox notified me of the update shortly after it was released. However, for some reason Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 will not find this update, which is preventing me from upgrading to 2.0.0.17. Dorando, is this update for Thunderbird?
Version 20080929 was only marked as compatible with Thunderbird 2.0.0.17, the update should get found after you've upgraded.

nettrotter wrote:
old zeniko wrote:

.copyString(content.document.title);

It's great.But what is the code to copy title + URL together. I mean copy it like"title" - "URL"
Try

.copyString(content.document.title + " - " + content.location); 
nettrotter

Re:

Post by nettrotter »

dorando wrote:

var toolbar = document.getElementById("PersonalToolbar");
toolbar.collapsed = !toolbar.collapsed;
document.persist(toolbar.id, "collapsed");
. Replace "PersonalToolbar" with "nav-bar" for the Navigation Toolbar, or "toolbar-menubar" for the Menu.

This set of code still works on PersonalToolbar( aka, bookmark toolbar).
But it doesn't work on Menu bar after replacing Id.
Don't know what about navigation bar ,because i don't wanna try .
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

the code to copy title + URL together. I mean copy it like"title" - "URL"
Try

.copyString(content.document.title + " - " + content.location); 
[/quote]

It works here so perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help.
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

dorando wrote:
Reginald0 wrote:I'm looking for a way to set a shortcut to the context menu option "Copy Link Location" in Firefox when the mouse cursor is over a link,

Currently I do not know how to detect if the mouse hovers over a link from within a XULCommandEvent, but it seems XULBrowserWindow caches it, so try:

if(XULBrowserWindow.overLink)
Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"].
getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper).copyString(XULBrowserWindow.overLink); 
Note that due to bug 40838 it won't always work in Firefox 2 (it should work if the link is displayed in the status bar).

Then what is the code to copy link text when mouse hovers over a link?
and what is the code to copy link text and location together when mouse hovers over a link with the form of "link text" - "link location"?

thanks in advance.