keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
dorando

Post by dorando »

tonymec wrote:After checking for updates, it still says:
keyconfig 20060828.1
Not compatible with BonEcho 2.0.0.8pre

(yes, I'm using Fx2 branch nightlies: maybe that's why?)
I rather not claim support with pre-releases if avoidable.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

dorando wrote:
tonymec wrote:After checking for updates, it still says:
keyconfig 20060828.1
Not compatible with BonEcho 2.0.0.8pre

(yes, I'm using Fx2 branch nightlies: maybe that's why?)
I rather not claim support with pre-releases if avoidable.

2.0.0.8pre can be viewed as 2.0.0.7post, can't it? IIRC, "whatever it is that extensions interface with" is supposed not to change significantly between successive releases on a single branch (e.g. between 2.0.0.0, once released, and 2.0.0.x for any x). Can't you support 2.0.0.* ? It isn't as if I were asking for compatibility with 3.0a9pre (which is available), or even with 2.1 (which isn't).
Best regards,
Tony
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

I agree with your request, tonymec. It must be a pain to go through this process of asking dorando for an update every time Fx makes a very minor modification. I gave up and used about:config to set the extensions.checkCompatibility preference to false a long time ago. Did you do that yet?
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Alan Baxter wrote:I agree with your request, tonymec. It must be a pain to go through this process of asking dorando for an update every time Fx makes a very minor modification. I gave up and used about:config to set the extensions.checkCompatibility preference to false a long time ago. Did you do that yet?

As a matter of fact I did, but I hate it, because it is an across-the-board setting for all extensions, and it doesn't distinguish extensions whose code is compatible, but whose author either didn't dare or just plain neglected to bump the maxVersion, from those which are really incompatible and would make weird things happen if I left them enabled.
Best regards,
Tony
dorando

Post by dorando »

tonymec wrote:IIRC, "whatever it is that extensions interface with" is supposed not to change significantly between successive releases on a single branch (e.g. between 2.0.0.0, once released, and 2.0.0.x for any x).
Extensions can interface with anything the backend provides, enough broke because of minimal changes, and I know of enough scenarios to break all of mine.

tonymec wrote:Can't you support 2.0.0.* ?
Stating maxVersion of 2.0.0.* would be claiming something impossible to know. As stated <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2244314#2244314">before</a> it is not my responsibility to work around an issue the devs intentionally introduced. They could've chosen to treat maxVersion=2.0 as 2.0.0.* or create a dismissable warning, but they rather chose to move that burden unto extension developers.

Alan Baxter wrote:It must be a pain to go through this process of asking dorando for an update every time Fx makes a very minor modification.
Asking me was never necessary as I get the same notification as everyone else and I'll update the compatibility information as time permits.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

dorando wrote:
Alan Baxter wrote:It must be a pain to go through this process of asking dorando for an update every time Fx makes a very minor modification.
Asking me was never necessary as I get the same notification as everyone else and I'll update the compatibility information as time permits.

Sorry. I could have put that better. You are very responsive and asking you for something is never a pain. It's having keyconfig be disabled by Firefox that's a pain. It's one of my essential extensions. Thank you for developing it and maintaining it.
dorando

Re: Hide Firefox Code

Post by dorando »

joesparano wrote:I've done my best to find the keyconfig code for Hiding Firefox. The best that I can find is listed below - and is not working. Can anyone offer another suggestion?

<code>goDoCommand("cmd_hideThisAppCmdMac")</code>
I don't know how to achieve that, but you might be able to set it from the <a href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304733#l4">Mac OS Keyboard Shortcuts pane</a>.
reevuur

Post by reevuur »

@dorando,

can you please help me:

I inserted this code to search one selected word in TB in FF but it doesn't work anymore:

var selection = document.commandDispatcher.focusedWindow.getSelection().toString();

var app = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile);
app.initWithPath("c:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe");

var process = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);
process.init(app);
process.run(false, ["http://www.google.com/search?q="+selection], 1);

Tnx in advance
unabatedshagie

Post by unabatedshagie »

Is it possible to use this extension to copy selected text, open a new tab and paste the selected text into the address bar?
dorando

Post by dorando »

reevuur wrote:I inserted this code to search one selected word in TB in FF but it doesn't work anymore:
Seems to work for me, anything in the Tools > Error Console?

unabatedshagie wrote:Is it possible to use this extension to copy selected text, open a new tab and paste the selected text into the address bar?
Try

Code: Select all

goDoCommand("cmd_copy");
BrowserOpenTab();
setTimeout(function() { goDoCommand("cmd_paste"); }, 0);
or if you wanted to load the selection in a new tab try

Code: Select all

gBrowser.loadOneTab(getBrowserSelection(), null, null, null, false);
reevuur

Post by reevuur »

@dorando,

yes,

many errors:

Error: [Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "getRowProperties"' when calling method: [nsIMsgCustomColumnHandler::getRowProperties]" nsresult: "0x80570030 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://showaddress/content/showaddress.js :: anonymous :: line 287" data: no]
Source File: chrome://showaddress/content/showaddress.js
Line: 287
dorando

Post by dorando »

Those seem to come from <a href="http://www.moritz-abraham.de/en/programme/show-address.html">Show Address</a>, does it also fail and/or produce errors if you disable that extension?
reevuur

Post by reevuur »

yes it is works, thank you dorando.
There must be some problem with show address.

Thank you very much!
Lost User 296945

Post by Lost User 296945 »

unabatedshagie wrote:Is it possible to use this extension to copy selected text, open a new tab and paste the selected text into the address bar?

I guess you need the PTTL (Plain Text to Link) extension. It does exactly this...
http://www.tommasobeniero.com/PTTL/en/
berkan

next anchor / previous anchor functions

Post by berkan »

hi all,

i'm trying to configure keyconfig to assign keys of my choice to the 'next anchor' / 'previous anchor' behaviours [ie, the behaviours usually triggered by TAB and Shift-TAB]. but I don't know whether there are dedicated functions for these. can anybody help?

cheers.