keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

I didn't have that problem - Run Junk Mail Control keybinding stuck for me.

I also just proved that it works, by moving some Junk from the Junk folder into the inbox, then hitting ctrl-j (which is what I bound it to). It removed the junk again.

There are traps in editting prefs.js though: you know that, right? It says at the top "do not edit this file". I think you're supposed to edit user.js. right?

I actually got away with editting prefs.js *with TB not open*, but that might have been luck...
YellowJacketRyan

Post by YellowJacketRyan »

I no longer have the problem with Run Junk Mail Controls being grayed out. I think the problem was that I had the line (user_pref...) in my user.js file without a key assigned to it, and I had the same line in my prefs.js file. It seems like the keyconfig gui was writing the key assignment to prefs.js, but not to user.js (I am totally guessing there).

Anyways, it seems to be working, but now I realize that what I really want to do is Delete Mail Marked as Junk. What is the command for that?
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

I don't know the answer to your question, but you can set the Junk Mail Handling to put the mail in the trash folder, and/or you can have junk mail automatically deleted after a certain number of days.

Thus the command that you have can do the job you need, no?
dorando

Post by dorando »

YellowJacketRyan wrote:I no longer have the problem with Run Junk Mail Controls being grayed out. I think the problem was that I had the line (user_pref...) in my user.js file without a key assigned to it, and I had the same line in my prefs.js file. It seems like the keyconfig gui was writing the key assignment to prefs.js, but not to user.js (I am totally guessing there).
Yes, keyconfig only writes to prefs.js (as it should).
YellowJacketRyan wrote:Anyways, it seems to be working, but now I realize that what I really want to do is Delete Mail Marked as Junk. What is the command for that?
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Delete Junk", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_deleteJunk');");
YellowJacketRyan

Thanks. Everything seems to be working well now. I really like this extension.
Snow7

Post by Snow7 »

Hey dorando, could this be added to the extension directly, instead of having to add it to prefs.js on every new install?

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Next Tab", "!][][][gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(1);");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Previous Tab", "!][][][gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(-1);");

After hitting OK to change a key binding, the window slides out, replaced by a dialog box saying "Changes only affect new windows" which then slides away itself, going back to the original window which immediately slides back out. It's rather unnecessary, don't you think? How about making the whole thing go away after hitting ok the second time? or better yet, the first time?

otherwise, excellent extension.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008061622 Camino/2.0a1pre (like Firefox/3.0pre)
YellowJacketRyan

Is there an easy way to get a list of all the command sassociated with the menu options?

Anyways, what is the command for "Run Filters on Folder"?

Thanks,

Ryan
dorando

Post by dorando »

Snow7 wrote:Hey dorando, could this be added to the extension directly, instead of having to add it to prefs.js on every new install?
I rather not add any predefined custom keys, also you should only need this once per profile...

Snow7 wrote:After hitting OK to change a key binding, the window slides out, replaced by a dialog box saying "Changes only affect new windows" which then slides away itself, going back to the original window which immediately slides back out. It's rather unnecessary, don't you think? How about making the whole thing go away after hitting ok the second time? or better yet, the first time?
You can close the dialog without this warning by clicking on the X or by pressing ESC (as long as the input box doesn't have the focus).

YellowJacketRyan wrote:Is there an easy way to get a list of all the command sassociated with the menu options?
DOM Inspector would help, but there doesn't seem to be one in the official builds. Searching http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/ is also possible as long as you know what to look for.

YellowJacketRyan wrote:Anyways, what is the command for "Run Filters on Folder"?
not tested:
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Run Filters on Folder", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_applyFilters');");
RandomEnvy

Great Extension. Question.

Post by RandomEnvy »

First, great extension. Not using it for FireFox, but it's a must for Thunderbird for me. Removing the mapping of Ctrl+Q as exit is a godsend, since I use Ctrl+Q in Outlook (work) to mark messages as read. Also, remapping Forward from Ctrl+L to Ctrl+F is great.

One of the things I'd like to be able to do is to map Alt keys. Notably:

a) I haven't figured out how to map Alt+F4 to Exit. Pressing Alt+F4 closes the keyconfig window.
b) In Thunderbird, Alt+S brings you to the Subject line. Is there a way to disable this, and have Alt+S do a send (like Outlook / Outlook Express).

As a side note, it's interesting to me that FireFox attempted to use many of the same keybindings that IE did, but Thunderbird does not.

Random Envy.
dorando

Post by dorando »

RandomEnvy wrote:I haven't figured out how to map Alt+F4 to Exit. Pressing Alt+F4 closes the keyconfig window.
Interesting... You could set it to something else (Alt+F3) and change it in your prefs.js (in your <a href="http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/edit.html#profile">profile</a>, close Thunderbird before editing), but doesn't Alt+F4 already close the window?

RandomEnvy wrote:In Thunderbird, Alt+S brings you to the Subject line. Is there a way to disable this, and have Alt+S do a send (like Outlook / Outlook Express).
You could add

user_pref("ui.key.generalAccessKey", 0);
to your prefs.js to disable non-menu access keys (like this one) but this would affect other places (if there are actually any).
Christian-79

Thunderbird - key binding for HTML/Plain Text

Post by Christian-79 »

Does anyone know how to get key bindings for HTML and plain text in Thunderbird?
("View > Message Body As > Original HTML / Plain Text")

And maybe a keybinding for proportional font and monospaced font in TB:
("Tools > Options > Composition ...")

Would be very handy. Especially the last two aren't reachable very quickly.

Regards

Christian
YellowJacketRyan

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Run Filters on Folder", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_applyFilters');");

has been tested and works fine. Thanks.
YellowJacketRyan

The DOM inspector for Mozilla Mail seems to have all the same command names as what I have used with Thunderbird, and it is integrateed with the releases. Will this always be the case? I am assuming they use a lot of the same code for their functionality.
YellowJacketRyan

This isn't really specific to this thread, but there seem to be some knowledable folk here.

I am new to extension development. Does anyone have advice on how to get started? I read a couple of simple tutorials that basically tell someone how to do basic things and how to package xpi's, but I want something on actually writing the functionality of an extension. I think I would need to know things like what objects and methods I have access to. My assumption is that the DOM inspector is a good place to start, but is there something else?

I really like Thunderbird, but I want more flexibility in message filtering. I want to be able to do things like A and (B or C), where the built in filter is all or any. I would also like to be able to use regular expressions in my filter specifications. Does anyone have advice on how to start this?
dorando

Post by dorando »

Christian-79 wrote:Does anyone know how to get key bindings for HTML and plain text in Thunderbird?
("View > Message Body As > Original HTML / Plain Text")

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__View Message Body As Original HTML", "!][][][MsgBodyAllowHTML();");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__View Message Body As Simple HTML", "!][][][MsgBodySanitized();");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__View Message Body As Plain Text", "!][][][MsgBodyAsPlaintext();");

Christian-79 wrote:And maybe a keybinding for proportional font and monospaced font in TB:
("Tools > Options > Composition ...")
Hmm, not sure what you refer to. The only thing I see are "HTML Options", but this can be edited from the compose window.

YellowJacketRyan wrote:Will this always be the case?
I expect it to be often the same in SeaMonkey and Thunderbird.

YellowJacketRyan wrote:My assumption is that the DOM inspector is a good place to start, but is there something else?
http://lxr.mozilla.org/ and http://www.xulplanet.com/ are also good resources.