keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ballyhairs

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by ballyhairs »

Hey dorando,
I need a key that is global, which means it works even when FF is not active or even minimized to the tray that will activate FF if not active and minimize it if active, I hope its possible and thanks anyway.
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

To jek60
"I noticed that there is a new xpi at: http://mozilla.dorando.at/readme.html and that the http://mozilla.dorando.at/upate.rdf specified FF 4.0 so I updated Firefox."
Sorry but the first link does not give info on FF 4.0 and the second link cannot be found.
Ok, from the date I assume that FF 4.0 is supported but I think that Dorando should have announced this !
Morgan B

Post by Morgan B »

rahul wrote:
Morgan B wrote:Is it possible to make a key that restarts Firefox?

<span>[url=<a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3966325#p3966325]see" class="linkifyplus">http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3966325#p3966325]see</a> this earlier post.[/url]</span>
Thanks!

Now, can someone help me making a key that opens about:addons in the sidebar?
bkveida

Bookmarks Toolbar Keyconfig Bug in Firefox 4

Post by bkveida »

I really hope someone can help me with this issue. There is this bug which only occurs after I installed Firefox 4.

Whenever I start Firefox 4 and toggle bookmarks toolbar using my designated shortcut key, the toolbar does show up, but it's blank.

So, I have to toggle it using right click > tick bookmarks toolbar. Then the bookmarks toolbar will show up and right after that my shortcut key works again.

The key I am currently using is:

var E=document.getElementById('PersonalToolbar');
if(E.collapsed){E.removeAttribute('collapsed')}
else{E.setAttribute('collapsed',true)}

I know there are a lot of keys out there to toggle bookmarks toolbar. I think I have tried most of them and everyone one of them gave me the same result - blank bookmarks toolbar.

I saw few people facing the same problem though and this is one of them: (check it out at the comment part, the person is eblabla)

http://blog.vicshih.com/2008/11/toggle-firefox-bookmarks-toolbar.html

How to I solve this problem? I have been googling it. Can't get any answers though. Thanks for any help!
chirpy_7

Re: keyconfig 20110323

Post by chirpy_7 »

hi dorando,
hi all,

I finally dared to install FF4... it's fast and responsive (esp. switching tabs) - no doubt about it. However, there's quite a bit of getting used to - and quite a bit to modify again...

I need a customizable hotkey to toggle the new
"Add-on Bar". (the default is no good for me, esp. on a German keyboard)

Had a go at it with DOM inspector: no (fool's) luck. :roll:

As always: Your help is much appreciated.

----------- 1st EDIT -----------

just went through the browser.xul and found it

Code: Select all

toggleAddonBar();

:D
-------------------------------------------------------

chirpy

ps:

a code to toggle
Pin and Unpin (as App Tab)
would also be highly desirable / nice-to-have
:)

----------- 2nd EDIT -----------

I tried variations of

gBrowser.unpinTab(TabContextMenu.contextTab);

but to no avail. Input needed here: any ideas ?

-------------------------------------------------------

thx!
Last edited by chirpy_7 on April 10th, 2011, 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Morgan B

Re: Bookmarks Toolbar Keyconfig Bug in Firefox 4

Post by Morgan B »

bkveida wrote:I really hope someone can help me with this issue. There is this bug which only occurs after I installed Firefox 4.

Whenever I start Firefox 4 and toggle bookmarks toolbar using my designated shortcut key, the toolbar does show up, but it's blank.

So, I have to toggle it using right click > tick bookmarks toolbar. Then the bookmarks toolbar will show up and right after that my shortcut key works again.

I know there are a lot of keys out there to toggle bookmarks toolbar. I think I have tried most of them and everyone one of them gave me the same result - blank bookmarks toolbar.

I saw few people facing the same problem though and this is one of them: (check it out at the comment part, the person is eblabla)

How to I solve this problem? I have been googling it. Can't get any answers though. Thanks for any help!

I solved it by enabling the bookmarks toolbar using right click > tick bookmarks toolbar, and then letting the following code execute on every startup of Firefox (with the help of add-ons such as userChromeJS, uc or Custom Buttons):

document.getElementById("PersonalToolbar").collapsed = true;
Cattleya

Post by Cattleya »

Hi dorando,

I want to create a hotkey that can On/Off Adobe Flash Player Plugin, please help me, thanks.
This hotkey is really important because with it, I doesn't need add-on FlashBlock and Stop Autoplay anymore. Very useful.
ekbworldwide

Post by ekbworldwide »

Does "functions for keyconfig" exist for FF4?

The only link I know of for it is dead:

http://www.pqrs.org/tekezo/firefox/extensions/functions_for_keyconfig/

It redirects to pqrs.org
rahul

Re: Bookmarks Toolbar Keyconfig Bug in Firefox 4

Post by rahul »

bkveida wrote:I really hope someone can help me with this issue. There is this bug which only occurs after I installed Firefox 4.

this should work in firefox 4:

var bar = document.getElementById("PersonalToolbar");
setToolbarVisibility(bar, bar.collapsed);
rahul

Post by rahul »

Morgan B wrote:Now, can someone help me making a key that opens about:addons in the sidebar?

there may be a better way of doing this, but this should work:

var side = document.getElementById("sidebar-box");
if (side.hidden || (side.getAttribute("src") != "chrome://browser/content/web-panels.xul"))
    openWebPanel("addons", "about:addons");
else
    toggleSidebar();

edit: eh, this might not always work. but once you have used the above code then it should be equivalent to:

toggleSidebar("viewWebPanelsSidebar");

hopefully someone else will also help you out.
darkred

Post by darkred »

Bluefang wrote:
noroom wrote:Hello! I couldn't get keyconfig to work on my migrated profile (from 3.x to 4.x), so I created a new one to try it out, and I'd like to report my findings.

After installing the Add-on Compatiblity Reporter, I installed the version linked in the first post, but when I open keyconfig, the list of keyboard shortcuts is empty.

The version linked in the first post is not compatible with Firefox 4.

I've previously updated keyconfig to make it compatible with Firefox 4 (and Thunderbird 3.3 alpha). You can get it here:
http://files.bluefang-logic.com/firefox/keyconfig.xpi

Unfortunately, when I first updated keyconfig, I didn't change the version number. So it's impossible to tell if those problems are happening in the original version of the updated version.

I just updated the version number to 20110318 (no other changes except for also bumping some application maxVersions) on the updated version I'm hosting. That should make it stand out in the compatibility reporter results.

In the first post there is keyconfig 20110323 and it's not working ok in FF4: the list of keyboard shortcuts is empty.
Yours is 20110318 (and works great in FF4 :) )

So, wouldn't it be better someone to change the first post, saying that 20110323 is not FF4 compatible,
and that for those who look for a FF4 compatible version to use BlueFang's keyconfig 20110318.xpi instead
(and set afterwards, in Addons|keyconfig's "Automatic updates" setting to off, so that it won't be updated to 20110323) ?
'(Firefox for desktop) list fixed bugs in Mercurial' userscript:
as a list: v4.2.2 and, as a sortable table: either v5.5.4 (for all channel users) or v5.5.4 (especially for inbound users).
My other userscripts: GreasyFork OpenUserJS
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

@zakk,

Have you tried disabling all other extensions and then checking keyconfig? Keyconfig appears to be fine in Fx 4 for me.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
darkred

Post by darkred »

You're right. Thanks for your reply:
I found that it was the extension Open Web Apps for Firefox 0.1 that caused this problem.
Disabling it made keyconfig 20110323 work.

On the other hand, BlueFang's keyconfig 20110318 with "Open Web Apps" enabled was working ok...
Dorando, check this issue, please.
as a list: v4.2.2 and, as a sortable table: either v5.5.4 (for all channel users) or v5.5.4 (especially for inbound users).
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

zakk wrote:You're right. Thanks for your reply:
I found that it was the extension Open Web Apps for Firefox 0.1 that caused this problem.
Disabling it made keyconfig 20110323 work.

On the other hand, BlueFang's keyconfig 20110318 with "Open Web Apps" enabled was working ok...
Dorando, check this issue, please.

Did you check the error console? Any errors listed there can provide insight as to the problem. There are troubleshooting tips for you to follow here.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
darkred

Post by darkred »

I firstly installed keyconfig 20110323 in a new profile and saw that it was working ok.
So, I got to my current profile, updated keyconfig to 20110323
and started disabling my installed addons one-by-one, and, after each time I was checking keyconfig:
after I disabled the Open Web Apps addon, keyconfig worked ok again.

Error Console logs:
keyconfig 20110318 with Open Web Apps addon enabled ----> keyconfig worked ok

error: An exception occurred.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-api-utils-lib/errors.js", line 49, in
    return callback.apply(this, arguments);
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-api-utils-lib/window-utils.js", line 108, in handleEvent
    this._regWindow(window);
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-api-utils-lib/window-utils.js", line 86, in _regWindow
    this.delegate.onTrack(window);
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-aaapptabs-lib/main.js", line 43, in
    onTrack: function (window) start(window),
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-aaapptabs-lib/main.js", line 7, in start
    let originalFunction = XULBrowserWindow.hideChromeForLocation;
TypeError: XULBrowserWindow is undefined

+ A lot of times:

Error: uncaught exception: TypeError: closeButton is null

keyconfig 20110323 with Open Web Apps addon enabled ----> keyconfig list empty
Check the 3 last lines:

File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-api-utils-lib/errors.js", line 49, in
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-api-utils-lib/window-utils.js", line 108, in handleEvent
    this._regWindow(window);
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-api-utils-lib/window-utils.js", line 86, in _regWindow
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-aaapptabs-lib/main.js", line 43, in
  File "resource://jid0-4lcwklkuxbnbapfwqyar8gzdnas-aaapptabs-lib/main.js", line 7, in start

Error: gDocument.getElementById(node.getAttribute("command")) is null
Source File: chrome://keyconfig/content/keyconfig.js
Line: 470

keyconfig 20110323 with Open Web Apps addon disabled ----> keyconfig working ok

this._regWindow(window);