keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Dimanish

Post by Dimanish »

Hello, what is the /* CODE */ to show/hide main menu bar in Firefox? (there File, Edit, View, Bookmarks, ...)
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Dimanish wrote:Hello, what is the /* CODE */ to show/hide main menu bar in Firefox? (there File, Edit, View, Bookmarks, ...)

Code: Select all

var mb = document.getElementById("toolbar-menubar"); mb.collapsed = !mb.collapsed;
Dimanish

Post by Dimanish »

zeniko wrote:
Dimanish wrote:Hello, what is the /* CODE */ to show/hide main menu bar in Firefox? (there File, Edit, View, Bookmarks, ...)

var mb = document.getElementById("toolbar-menubar"); mb.collapsed = !mb.collapsed;

Thank you very much.
Change

Post by Change »

Is there another site than extensionsmirror.nl where I can get this extension? Extensionsmirror.nl has been down for me for the past week or so.. :(
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

What about getting it directly from the developer's site (linked to at the very beginning of this thread)?
Change

Post by Change »

Oops, totally missed that link. I looked through the first post to find a link but only saw the link to the bug.. doh. Thanks.

Post by ******** »

what's the code to copy the current tab's document title to the clipboard?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"]
    .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper)
    .copyString(content.document.title);

Post by ******** »

zeniko wrote:

Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"]
    .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper)
    .copyString(content.document.title);

thanks. i now have my very first custom key :D

Post by ******** »

where are the keys stored?
is it just as prefs in prefs.js or is there also a rdf file or something?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Just have a look at prefs.js. You'll notice the extensions.keyconfig.default.* keys, which should contain all information.
evilpig

Post by evilpig »

hello, could anyone tell me what would be the /*code*/ for caret browsing mode (on/off) normally F7 ?

thank you

regards
michal

Post by ******** »

evilpig wrote:hello, could anyone tell me what would be the /*code*/ for caret browsing mode (on/off) normally F7 ?

on another note, is it possible to disable the built-in keyboard shortcut for caret browsing?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Code for toggling caret browsing mode:

var prefs = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"] .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPrefService) .getBranch("accessibility."); prefs.setBoolPref("browsewithcaret", !prefs.getBoolPref("browsewithcaret"));

To disable this the F7 shortcut, you'll have to intercept the key before it hits the content area. One way would be to stop it already at the window (see the following code). If you wanted, you could add code for a different action right at the same place:

window.addEventListener("keypress", function(aEvent) {
    if (aEvent.keyCode == aEvent.DOM_VK_F7) {
        aEvent.preventDefault();
    }
}, false);

This code can be run through keyconfig (for testing), but if you want it to be permanent, you'll have to wrap it inside a simple extension.
duke42

Post by duke42 »

I have a problem with the newest version:

the cursor keys, TAB and PageUp/PageDown stopped working. E.g. I can get to the address-bar with Ctrl-l, but I can't get off of it with TAB. They only work again while I'm typeaheading. They stop working again when the typeahead-window closes. I can rebind the cursor keys and PageUp/PageDown with "functions for keyconfig" but I cannot rebind the TAB key the way it used to work: accessibility.tabfocus = 3.

I really love this extension. How can I get this to work?