keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
dorando

Post by dorando »

GreenAsJade wrote:
dorando wrote:
GreenAsJade wrote:Any way to make it work with TB 0.9, or any indication of when it might be updated?

Ensure that the Extension Manager can access the Internet and do an Update check from there.

"Thunderbird was not able to find any updates"
The Extension Manager does currently not report that it found compatibility updates, but the extension should have been reenabled in the process (or at least you should now be able to enable it). If not, then there might be something wrong with your build/setup.
MysticMoonstone wrote:If i want the HISTORY in VIEW SIDEBAR HISTORY to be grayed... AND i want GO HISTORY to be grayed, i cannot find the command line. Can you tell me *or anyone* where i'd change that?
userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#historyTree treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(leaf),
#goPopup menuitem[statusText] {color:GrayText !important}
DongDong

Post by DongDong »

I'm using Firefox 1.0 + TabExtension Plugin

I added:

user_pref("keyconfig.devmode", true);
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key33_cmd_findAgain", "control][F][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Extensions", "!][][][BrowserOpenExtensions('extensions');");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Manage Bookmarks", "!][][][toOpenWindowByType('bookmarks:manager', 'chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksManager.xul');");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Next Tab", "!][][][gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(1);");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Previous Tab", "!][][][gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(-1);");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Reload All Tabs", "!][][][gBrowser.reloadAllTabs();");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Themes", "!][][][BrowserOpenExtensions('themes');");
user_pref("keyconfig.nicenames", false);
user_pref("keyconfig.nicenames.reverse_order", true);
in prefs.js

My problem:
Key__Next Tab is listed in the keyconfig option screen, but in grey color. If i set a key for it (like "+VK_F2") and press Apply, the entry won't be saved. It's still set to "+".

What's the problem?
dorando

Post by dorando »

DongDong wrote:I'm using Firefox 1.0 + TabExtension Plugin

I added:[....]

My problem:
Key__Next Tab is listed in the keyconfig option screen, but in grey color. If i set a key for it (like "+VK_F2") and press Apply, the entry won't be saved. It's still set to "+".

What's the problem?
No idea, WFM with keyconfig 20041028. Something in the JavaScript console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true)?
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

dorando wrote:
GreenAsJade wrote:
dorando wrote:
GreenAsJade wrote:Any way to make it work with TB 0.9, or any indication of when it might be updated?

Ensure that the Extension Manager can access the Internet and do an Update check from there.

"Thunderbird was not able to find any updates"
The Extension Manager does currently not report that it found compatibility updates, but the extension should have been reenabled in the process (or at least you should now be able to enable it). If not, then there might be something wrong with your build/setup.

Hmm - well, checking did not reenable it, but uninstalling, redownloading, and installing did, so I'm happy now, thanks!
barr104

Post by barr104 »

I am new here, so I'm sorry if this has been addressed before.

I use FF 1.0 on Mac OS X and I would liek to be able to use apple+shift+left arrow and right arrow to switch between tabs, like in Safari. How do I do this?

Also, am I correct in saying that the only way to access teh KeyConfig setting are by pressing Apple+shift+f12 ? this seems a bit odd, why not have it be accesed by pressing the "options" button in the extentions panel?
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

Can I bind "Run Junk Mail Controls On Folder" in TB to some key? How do I do that?

(Since TB 0.9 junk mail controls have a bug where they don't run automatically, this will be very helpful to lots of people!)
dorando

Post by dorando »

barr104 wrote:I use FF 1.0 on Mac OS X and I would liek to be able to use apple+shift+left arrow and right arrow to switch between tabs, like in Safari. How do I do this?
Add the example Next Tab/Previous Tab keys to your prefs.js.
barr104 wrote:Also, am I correct in saying that the only way to access teh KeyConfig setting are by pressing Apple+shift+f12 ?
There should be a Tools->Keyconfig... available.
barr104 wrote:this seems a bit odd, why not have it be accesed by pressing the "options" button in the extentions panel?
The keyconfig screen adds options for the application, not for itself. Also the way it works, it needs to be able to access the window from which it was invoked.
GreenAsJade wrote:Can I bind "Run Junk Mail Controls On Folder" in TB to some key? How do I do that?
untested:
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Run Junk Mail Controls On Folder", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_runJunkControls');");
barr104

Post by barr104 »

dorando wrote:
barr104 wrote:I use FF 1.0 on Mac OS X and I would liek to be able to use apple+shift+left arrow and right arrow to switch between tabs, like in Safari. How do I do this?
Add the example Next Tab/Previous Tab keys to your prefs.js.

Sorry, I am VERY new, I do not know what you mean. Can you give me some directions here?
dorando

Post by dorando »

Add

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Next Tab", "!][][][gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(1);");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Previous Tab", "!][][][gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(-1);");
to the prefs.js is in your Profile Folder, then you can edit them with keyconfig (after you've restarted the browser).
YellowJacketRyan

map new short cut for Run Junk Mail Controls on Folder

Post by YellowJacketRyan »

I am using this fabulous extension with T-Bird 0.9. What do I need to do to map a short cut to Run Junk Mail Controls on Folder. I think I need the command and need to add a line like this one to a prefs.js config file:
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Send Unsent Messages", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_sendUnsentMsgs');");

but I would need to know the command. Am I close? What is the command?

Thanks,

Ryan
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

The answer is 3 posts above...
barr104

Post by barr104 »

dorando wrote:Add

to the prefs.js is in your Profile Folder, then you can edit them with keyconfig (after you've restarted the browser).

Oh, thanks so much! FF is completely usable by me now, I love this plugin!!

All FF needs now is a wa to use Apple's spellchecker like Safari could. I am so bad at spelling.
YellowJacketRyan

I feel silly. I really did read "almost" all of the posts looking for my answer.
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

I haven't had a chance to prove if it works or not yet. Mysteriously, as soon as I installed that keybinding, my junk mail now seems to be being filed correctly!!
YellowJacketRyan

I added this line
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Run Junk Mail Controls On Folder", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_runJunkControls');");
to my prefs.js file.

When I launch TB and then press ctl-shift-f12, the keyconfig gui comes up with Run Junk Mail Controls as graye d out. When I set the short-cut key, it stays grayed out. Then if I exit TB and restart it, the short cut key is lost - i.e. if I look at prefs.js before I restart TB, there is an alt]J in it, but after I restart TB, it reverts to the line above.