keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
nXc

Post by nXc »

I will try these, thanx.
Here's the web application/editor i was talking about:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/ ... editor.jpg

Thanx!

(edit: don't seem to work, those command lines:(
dorando

Post by dorando »

I was unable to find a demo site for the MojPortal CMS, but following might find the appropriate code if it is using <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=Midas&oldid=19523">Midas</a>:

Code: Select all

function whoframed(frames) { 
 for(var i = 0, l = frames.length; i < l; i++) {
  if(frames[i].document.designMode == "on") return "frames["+i+"]";
  if(frames[i].frames.length) {
   var frame = whoframed(frames[i].frames);
   if(frame != undefined) return "frames["+i+"]." + frame;
  }
 }
}

var frame = whoframed(content.frames);
if(frame) prompt("","content."+frame+'.document.execCommand("bold", false, null);');
else alert("Not Midas?");
nXc

Post by nXc »

Dorando, thank you very much for assistance and help. Right now I'm out of time to try the code.
I think it would be a good idea to ask our web designer what the appropriate codes are, too.
Thanks again, I'll keep you informed about this issue ...
Styler001

Post by Styler001 »

Well, I did a search here but didn't turn up anything that answered my question. Sorry if I overlooked something.

My question is this...Is it possible using keyconfig to disable Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Ctrl-3, etc., so they don't switch tabs? I want to use those key combinations for something else when filling out a form that I use quite often at a website.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Styler001 wrote:Is it possible using keyconfig to disable Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Ctrl-3, etc., so they don't switch tabs?
Nope, Ctrl+Number is handled by an eventListener and those can't be supported in a generic way, but you can create a custom extension by using a blank (.xpi is a .zip) one and pasting following above the </overlay> in overlays/main.xul

<script><![CDATA[

window.addEventListener("load",function(){
 window.setTimeout(function(){
  window.removeEventListener("keypress", ctrlNumberTabSelection, false);
 }, 0);
},false);

]]></script>
onemen

Post by onemen »

dorando wrote:
Styler001 wrote:Is it possible using keyconfig to disable Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Ctrl-3, etc., so they don't switch tabs?
Nope, Ctrl+Number is handled by an eventListener and those can't be supported in a generic way, but you can create a custom extension by using a blank (.xpi is a .zip) one and pasting following above the </overlay> in overlays/main.xul

<script><CDATA></script>

Actually in Firefox 3.0 ( FF3.0pre after Bug 429219 landed) you can use keyconfig to disable Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Ctrl-3, etc.
Styler001

Post by Styler001 »

Sweet! I'll wait until the official release is out. Can't wait.
dpdp

Keyconfig and the new Thunderbird 3.0a1 ("Shredder"

Post by dpdp »

Is there any way to make Keyconfig compatible with the new alpha version of Thunderbird, or is there any plan for an update? Thanks!
mrwoody

Post by mrwoody »

Hi *.
What is the code to "switch to next/previous tab" ?
Is there any good doc to find this kind of info?

Thanks!
nXc

Post by nXc »

Woody!
For switching it's:
Ctrl+Tab or
Ctrl+Shift+Tab to flip backwards.

Other shortcuts:
http://www.jeetblog.com/incredible-fire ... shortcuts/
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

nXc wrote:Woody!
For switching it's:
Ctrl+Tab or

Other shortcuts:
http://www.jeetblog.com/incredible-fire ... shortcuts/

And if Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab don't reach Firefox (as on my system, where the KDE window manager intercepts them), you can also use Ctrl+PgDown for next tab, or Ctrl+PgUp for previous tab.
Best regards,
Tony
mrwoody

Post by mrwoody »

nXc wrote:Woody!
For switching it's:
Ctrl+Tab or

Thanks!
I knew those. But I didn't really like them. I wanted to change them to something easier to reach without moving my fingers from the keyboard.

Anyway I am not able to install keyconfig at the moment, as it doesn't support the last release of firefox 3. Does it?
mrwoody

Post by mrwoody »

tonymec wrote:And if Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab don't reach Firefox (as on my system, where the KDE window manager intercepts them), you can also use Ctrl+PgDown for next tab, or Ctrl+PgUp for previous tab.

Thanks. These are a bit easier to use. But still I would like to be able to change them.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

mrwoody wrote:Anyway I am not able to install keyconfig at the moment, as it doesn't support the last release of firefox 3. Does it?

I tried keyconfig with yesterday's bloody-dripping-latest (and, at the time, only) nightly of Fx 3.1a1pre and it worked; however it needed extensions.checkCompatibility set to false in about:config to prevent the browser from auto-disabling it.

Note that the Fx 3.0 code has been forked off from Fx 3.1 pre-alpha which is now the trunk: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... est-trunk/ is 3.1a1pre while 3.0 is http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... illa1.9.0/
Best regards,
Tony
leafdude

To get a keyconfig version working with FF3 RC1

Post by leafdude »

Keyconfig for Firefox 3

I've been happily using Firefox 3 for the past couple months. On the Mac in particular, it's been a night and day difference performance-wise. One of the more unfortunate aspects right now is that there aren't a lot of extensions that work with FF3 at the moment. One of those that I missed a lot was the keyconfig extension.

It hasn't been updated for a while (and the download site is a bit on the sparse side, but it looks like the author, dorando is still active and there are directions for modifying the XPI to be compatible w/ FF3.

Since I went through the trouble of modifying the bits, I thought I'd throw it up there for those less inclined to muck around in the files. This will give an unsigned warning, but should install: keyconfig-ff3.xpi.

Modifications:

* install.rdf modified with <maxVersion>3.0.*</maxVersion>
* install.rdf modified to comment out <updateURL> so it can be installed w/o modifying security preferences
* this.os.addObserver(this,"stupid-dummy",false); added to function keyconfigService()
* document.createElement("key") changed to gDocument.createElement("key") in the keyconfig.jar!contents/keyconfig.js file

OR you can go to this link (below) and download his unsigned version .xpi

I take no credit for this - This goes to Leonard Lin - Thanks man!

http://randomfoo.net/blog/id/4128