keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
hllwn

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by hllwn »

How can I add a hotkey for The Printliminator? I tried to add that code directly but it doesnt work. Any help is appreciated.
WCityMike

Post by WCityMike »

hllwn wrote:How can I add a hotkey for The Printliminator? I tried to add that code directly but it doesnt work. Any help is appreciated.

Assign a keyword to it, then:

Code: Select all

if(window.loadURI) loadURI(getShortcutOrURI('keywordyouassigned',{}));
kondensatorn

Post by kondensatorn »

When I tried again, it just worked. Now it seems to work smoothly. Thanks.

(For some reason, Mozilla apps seem a bit shakier on Solaris than on other platforms; they often crash due to wild pointers (the infamous "segmentation fault"). So I guess the problem may be with the browser rather than the add-on.)
vsub

Post by vsub »

Can someone tell me what code I need to add a hotkey for the Stylish new "Blank Style"
matyr

Post by matyr »

vsub wrote:Can someone tell me what code I need to add a hotkey for the Stylish new "Blank Style"

stylishOverlay.addCode()
vsub

Post by vsub »

matyr wrote:
vsub wrote:Can someone tell me what code I need to add a hotkey for the Stylish new "Blank Style"

stylishOverlay.addCode()

Ok it works,thanks but does this addon work with the F keys(1-12)because I first tried with F10 and 12 but nothings happening.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Most function keys should be supported by the Application (which does handle the shortcuts), but F10 cannot be used since either Windows handles it or the event flow is stopped before it reaches the key handler. F12 should work without problem.
adamprocter

Post by adamprocter »

any versions out there that work with 3.6.4 ?
vsub

Post by vsub »

dorando wrote:F12 should work without problem.

Should but it's not.I have only one add-on that uses F12(I set it to F12)but I change the key before trying with Keyconfig and it's still not working

Anyway,I made something better(change the code of Stylish to open the blank style rather than opening the manager by middle click on the stylish icon).

adamprocter wrote:any versions out there that work with 3.6.4 ?

It works fine on 3.6.4b6,you just have to disable the compatibility check or edit the install.rdf and then install it
hllwn

Post by hllwn »

I'm trying to execute http://supergenpass.com/ bookmarklet with keyconfig.

content.location = "javascript:...";  

I'm adding it into keyconfig but script is long and it's trimmed or gets deleted after restart. Is there a character limit in keyconfig?

loadURI(getShortcutOrURI('keyword',{})); 

it works when you call it with keyword but I dont want to store in bookmarks.

Do I have another options like executing it with keyconfig from a local .js file?
hllwn

Post by hllwn »

dorando wrote:
ChrisCairns wrote:Basically, I want to shorten the 'current' url with one keyboard shortcut.
Try

var throbber = document.getElementById("navigator-throbber")
if(
throbber) throbber.label = " Retrieving URL";

var ClipboardHelper = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"]
getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper);

var request =  new XMLHttpRequest();
request.open("GET", "http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url="+encodeURIComponent(content.location), false);
//request.open("GET", "http://api.tr.im/api/trim_simple?url="+encodeURIComponent(content.location), false);
request.send(null);

if(
throbber) throbber.label = "";

ClipboardHelper.copyString(request.responseText); 

How can I add a notification that appears in right bottom (notification box when a download is finished) when link is successfully copied into clipboard?
cdellafera

Post by cdellafera »

Ooops 3.0.5 broke it again :-( I love this extension, any hope for a fix?
dorando

Post by dorando »

vsub wrote:
dorando wrote:F12 should work without problem.
Should but it's not.I have only one add-on that uses F12(I set it to F12)but I change the key before trying with Keyconfig and it's still not working.
It does work for me, maybe something (another extension) is interfering somehow. What does happen if you press F12? Is anything in the Tools > Error Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config)?

hllwn wrote:I'm trying to execute http://supergenpass.com/ bookmarklet with keyconfig.

content.location = "javascript:...";  

I'm adding it into keyconfig but script is long and it's trimmed or gets deleted after restart. Is there a character limit in keyconfig?
Replacing any

][  
with

] [  
and any

\
with

\\
should make it work. The first one is needed due to a keyconfig limitation, the second one since this is a string escape character.
hllwn wrote:Do I have another options like executing it with keyconfig from a local .js file?
It is possible with mozIJSSubScriptLoader, but

request.open("GET", "file:///C:/a.txt", false);
request.overrideMimeType("text/plain");
request.send(null);

content.location = request.responseText;   
is simpler since no reformatting should be necessary (save the original bookmarklet into a file and drop the file unto Firefox to get the file URL).

hllwn wrote:
dorando wrote:
ChrisCairns wrote:Basically, I want to shorten the 'current' url with one keyboard shortcut.
Try

var throbber = document.getElementById("navigator-throbber")
if(
throbber) throbber.label = " Retrieving URL";

var ClipboardHelper = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"]

request.open("GET", "http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url="+encodeURIComponent(content.location), false);
//request.open("GET", "http://api.tr.im/api/trim_simple?url="+encodeURIComponent(content.location), false);
request.send(null);

if(
throbber) throbber.label = "";

How can I add a notification that appears in right bottom (notification box when a download is finished) when link is successfully copied into clipboard?
Try

request.open("GET", "http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url="+encodeURIComponent(content.location), true);
//request.open("GET", "http://api.tr.im/api/trim_simple?url="+encodeURIComponent(content.location), true);
request.onreadystatechange = function (event) {  
 if 
(request.readyState == 4) {
  var alertsService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/alerts-service;1"]
  .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIAlertsService);
  alertsService.showAlertNotification(null, "keyconfig", request.status == 200 ? "URL copied to clipboard" : "Some error occurred");
 }  
}
request.send(null);  

cdellafera wrote:Ooops 3.0.5 broke it again :-( I love this extension, any hope for a fix?
Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

Note that it is possible to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility' through about:config.
vsub

Post by vsub »

dorando wrote:It does work for me, maybe something (another extension) is interfering somehow.

It is possible because I have more than 40 add-ons but I'm 100% sure that no other add-on is using the F12 except Tab Catalog(I disable the shortcut before trying and restarted FF couple of times when I was trying to set F12 to show the blank style)
dorando wrote:What does happen if you press F12?

If I disable the short cut from Tab Catalog,then absolutely nothings happens(that's why I'm setting F12 for Tab Catalog,because that key is not used)
dorando wrote:Is anything in the Tools > Error Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config)?

Nothing appear in the error console when I press F12 and javascript.options.showInConsole is already set to true.

PS.Now I tried it again and I don't know why but now it's working.
adulttw

Post by adulttw »

A Shortcuts to focus the previous selected tab is Ctrl+Tab.
Another Shortcuts to focus the next selected tab is Ctrl+shift+Tab.

I want to make them to one Shortcuts,
then I can view between two tabs like TV channel return.

Might anyone make it come ture??