keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
warakawa

Re: keyconfig 20110522

Post by warakawa »

hi guys, I would like to customize next tab and previous tab to right arrow and left arrow respectively, how can I do that?

Thanks.
dorando

Post by dorando »

tonymec wrote:
dorando wrote:
tonymec wrote:How well does it work with "more recent" platforms?
I won't claim support but everything seems to work fine currently.
:( Well, I shall have to wait some more: when I enable keyconfig, the URL bar of every tab says "about:addons" regardless of what is actually displayed in the tab.

I get exactly the same problem with the QuickFolders extension. With either extension enabled I get the problem, disabling them both makes it disappear. ](*,)
Doesn't happen for me, perhaps something else interfering?

warakawa wrote:hi guys, I would like to customize next tab and previous tab to right arrow and left arrow respectively, how can I do that?
You can't change them, but you can Add a new key containing

Code: Select all

gBrowser.tabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(1,true); 
or

gBrowser.tabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(-1,true); 
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

dorando wrote:
tonymec wrote::( Well, I shall have to wait some more: when I enable keyconfig, the URL bar of every tab says "about:addons" regardless of what is actually displayed in the tab.

I get exactly the same problem with the QuickFolders extension. With either extension enabled I get the problem, disabling them both makes it disappear. ](*,)

Did you try in SeaMonkey? IIUC its tabbrowser is not identical with Firefox's (especially after all the tabs-on-top novelties in Firefox, but they never were identical).
Or else, maybe I've reached a limit in the "number of enabled extensions"? (36 enabled not counting themes & langpacks) ISTR a bug somewhere saying that the new (Gecko 2+ Fx4+ etc.) addons-manager started behaving erratically when there were more than thirty-some extensions (number not well-defined and varying somewhat between installations, but in that range).
Best regards,
Tony
dorando

Post by dorando »

tonymec wrote:
dorando wrote:
tonymec wrote::( Well, I shall have to wait some more: when I enable keyconfig, the URL bar of every tab says "about:addons" regardless of what is actually displayed in the tab.

Did you try in SeaMonkey?
I tried it in: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0a1) Gecko/20110613 Firefox/7.0a1 SeaMonkey/2.4a1
nightson

Post by nightson »

dorando wrote:Try

if(document.getElementById("sidebar-title").value == "TITLE")
 toggleSidebar('viewWebPanelsSidebar', false);
else {
 openWebPanel("TITLE","URL");
 document.getElementById("sidebar-box").width = 300;
}

Megathanks! I really appreciate your help!
I'm afraid I still have a couple of requests:

1. Is there a way to simply hide the web panel so it wouldn't be reloaded when reopened ?
2. Code for diable Java/Flash globally. Since the old codes won't work now, I am wondering whether we can use js to simulate the process of diabling plugins in Addon Manager?

Thanks in advance!
dorando

Post by dorando »

nightson wrote:Is there a way to simply hide the web panel so it wouldn't be reloaded when reopened ?
Try

var sidebar document.getElementById("sidebar");
var 
sidebarBox document.getElementById("sidebar-box");
var 
sidebarSplitter document.getElementById("sidebar-splitter");

if(
sidebar.contentDocument.location != "about:blank" &&

document.getElementById("sidebar-title").value == "TITLE") {
 if(
sidebarBox.hidden) {

sidebarBox.setAttribute("sidebarcommand""viewWebPanelsSidebar");

sidebarBox.hidden sidebarSplitter.hidden false;
 } else {

sidebarBox.removeAttribute("sidebarcommand");

sidebarBox.hidden sidebarSplitter.hidden true;

content.focus();
 }
} else {

openWebPanel("TITLE","URL");

sidebarBox.width 300;
nightson wrote:Code for diable Java/Flash globally. Since the old codes won't work now, I am wondering whether we can use js to simulate the process of diabling plugins in Addon Manager?
Try

Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm");
AddonManager.getAddonsByTypes("plugin", function(addons) {
 for(var 
0addons.lengthli++)
  if(
addons[i].name == "Shockwave Flash"addons[i].userDisabled = !addons[i].userDisabled;
}); 
nightson

Post by nightson »

dorando wrote:try
Both work perfectly! Thank you so much!
Arcademus

Post by Arcademus »

Would it be possible to add compatibility for the Aurora and/or Nightly channels?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Arcademus wrote:Would it be possible to add compatibility for the Aurora and/or Nightly channels?

Your best bet is to install the Addon Compatibility Reporter extension. Then, you will not have to worry about this.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
chirpy_7

Post by chirpy_7 »

hi dorando & co,

the searchhotkeys extension hasn't (yet) been updated for FF5:
https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/in ... searchkeys

Is there a way to make that extension redundant by harnessing keyconfig?

You referred to searchhotkeys here viewtopic.php?f=48&t=72994&start=885 back in 2008.

thx,

chirpy

ps: I don't know why, but version-bump didn't work (changing the max value in install.rdf) this time... any ideas?

Edit: tried version bumping again, now it worked. Still, I'd be interested to know, if keyconfig couldn't supply / harness the same two keys, making searchhotkeys redundant ?
Arcademus

Post by Arcademus »

WildcatRay wrote:
Arcademus wrote:Would it be possible to add compatibility for the Aurora and/or Nightly channels?

Your best bet is to install the Addon Compatibility Reporter extension. Then, you will not have to worry about this.

I don't like that method personally; it causes extensions to not be auto-updated unless/until they're bumped for compatibility with my Firefox version.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Arcademus wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:

I don't like that method personally; it causes extensions to not be auto-updated unless/until they're bumped for compatibility with my Firefox version.

That is an issue with addons.mozilla.org, not an extension or the browser. amo does not allow installation/updating of extensions and themes that are not "compatible" with the browser (version) you are running at that moment without user intervention. AFAIK-there is no way to get around this. As a long-time user of Nightly (nee Minefield/Trunk) builds, I don't lose any sleep over this. [-(
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Arcademus

Post by Arcademus »

WildcatRay wrote:That is an issue with addons.mozilla.org, not an extension or the browser. amo does not allow installation/updating of extensions and themes that are not "compatible" with the browser (version) you are running at that moment without user intervention. AFAIK-there is no way to get around this. As a long-time user of Nightly (nee Minefield/Trunk) builds, I don't lose any sleep over this. [-(

Yes, but I do.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Arcademus wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:That is an issue with addons.mozilla.org, not an extension or the browser. amo does not allow installation/updating of extensions and themes that are not "compatible" with the browser (version) you are running at that moment without user intervention. AFAIK-there is no way to get around this. As a long-time user of Nightly (nee Minefield/Trunk) builds, I don't lose any sleep over this. [-(

Yes, but I do.

Then, you need to get over it as you and I are not going to change it. It truly is NOT worth losing sleep over :sleeping: :wink: :lol:
Ray

Arcademus

Post by Arcademus »

WildcatRay wrote:Then, you need to get over it as you and I are not going to change it. It truly is NOT worth losing sleep over :sleeping: :wink: :lol:

That's your opinion. My original question was directed at the developer, so unless you speak for him please stop contributing useless noise to the thread, thank you.