keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Zoolcar9

Re: keyconfig 20110522

Post by Zoolcar9 »

Leopoldus wrote:Is there any option to search trough the specific topic hear at mozillazine.org forum, eg this topic, which has as many as 180 pages? Many other forum engines let display the whole topic at the single (very long) page, say, as "print view", but here print view displays the current page of the topic only. :(
Or may be there is some other place, where one can see all already existing codes for KeyConfig in order not to ask for the same solutions again and again...

Scroll ot top, look on the left.
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
Leopoldus wrote:Is there any option to search trough the specific topic hear at mozillazine.org forum,

Thank you, I see now. That's a very odd, how could I missed it at the first time.
However I can not understand the syntax this search engine uses. I've tried search for posts, with include words "toggle" and "HTML" the both, not any of them only. But I have not managed to do it. I've tried using "and", "+" and some other symbols as a conjunction, but every time I get the full list of every post, which include either the first or the second keyword, that's too much for me...
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Leopoldus wrote:
Zoolcar9 wrote:
Leopoldus wrote:Is there any option to search trough the specific topic hear at mozillazine.org forum,

Thank you, I see now. That's a very odd, how could I missed it at the first time.
However I can not understand the syntax this search engine uses. I've tried search for posts, with include words "toggle" and "HTML" the both, not any of them only. But I have not managed to do it. I've tried using "and", "+" and some other symbols as a conjunction, but every time I get the full list of every post, which include either the first or the second keyword, that's too much for me...

Apparently HTML and toggle are "too common words" and the search rejects them, for fear, IIUC, of generating an enormously long listing.

Anyway, I don't know the answer to your original question, but at least I notice that there are two "HTML views", namely, "Original HTML" and "Simple HTML". The former is what the sender meant, the latter is a little safer when viewing mail from an unknown source. Which one did you mean? Or both? Or cycle through the possible HTML and text views (Plain text → Simple HTML → Original HTML → All body parts → back to Plain text) maybe? Depending on what you mean by "toggle", the answer would be different.
Best regards,
Tony
Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

tonymec wrote:Apparently HTML and toggle are "too common words" and the search rejects them, for fear, IIUC, of generating an enormously long listing.

No, it does not. Actually it gives the correct list of all posts with "toggle" and "HTML" in the topic as a search result. The only problem, that these words are really "too common" for this topic, so the resulting list of found posts if quite long.

tonymec wrote:Anyway, I don't know the answer to your original question, but at least I notice that there are two "HTML views", namely, "Original HTML" and "Simple HTML". The former is what the sender meant, the latter is a little safer when viewing mail from an unknown source. Which one did you mean? Or both? Or cycle through the possible HTML and text views (Plain text → Simple HTML → Original HTML → All body parts → back to Plain text) maybe?

Actually I meant a very simple 2-stage cycle: Plain Text → Original HTML → Plain Text...
morat

Post by morat »

@Leopoldus

Try this:

Code: Select all

if (Services.prefs.getBoolPref("mailnews.display.prefer_plaintext")) MsgBodyAllowHTML();
else MsgBodyAsPlaintext();

Leopoldus wrote:in order not to ask for the same solutions again and again...

You can use the getCommand trick to find the MsgBodyAllowHTML command, then Google search for the command in the keyconfig thread.

getCommand trick
viewtopic.php?p=12486071#p12486071

Google search:

MsgBodyAllowHTML site:forums.mozillazine.org inurl:t=72994

Google Search Operators
http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_ope ... rence.html
Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

@morat
Thank you for your code and advices.

However to tell the whole truth, this code works a bit other way, than I supposed, that is it permanently changes TB global settings.
Actually I've forgotten to stress (sorry for my stupidness), that this old add-on Toggle HTML I've mentioned in the first post did other trick, it changed HTML viewer enabled/disabled for the current message only, which is being focused and viewed in the preview pane. But when you than moved the focus to the next message in the list, TB global settings restores and applies to it.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Many pages back, I was provided this code to copy the changesetID in hyperlink form to the clipboard.

var url = "about:buildconfig";
    var req = new XMLHttpRequest();
    req.open("GET", url, false);
    req.send(null);

var changeset = req.responseText.match(/http:\/\/hg.mozilla.org\/[^\"]*/).toString();
    var changesetId = changeset.match(/[^\/]+$/).toString();

Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"]
              .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper)
              .copyString(changeset);

Just recently, it stopped working on Firefox, Beta, Aurora and Nightly.

I have tested both Firefox and Nightly using new profiles with only keyconfig and the code installed.

Any thoughts?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

WildcatRay wrote:Many pages back, I was provided this code to copy the changesetID in hyperlink form to the clipboard.

I have tested both Firefox and Nightly using new profiles with only keyconfig and the code installed.

Any thoughts?

Changed the regex to

/https?://hg.mozilla.org/[^"]*/

WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Many pages back, I was provided this code to copy the changesetID in hyperlink form to the clipboard.

Any thoughts?

Changed the regex to

/https?://hg.mozilla.org/[^"]*/ 

Thanks, but by saying it has stopped working, I mean that nothing is being copied do the clipboard. 8-[
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

WildcatRay wrote:Thanks, but by saying it has stopped working, I mean that nothing is being copied do the clipboard. 8-[

Because the URL in about:buildconfig changed to https://hg.mozilla....
that's why you must change the regex to match the change.

WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Thanks, but by saying it has stopped working, I mean that nothing is being copied do the clipboard. 8-[

Because the URL in about:buildconfig changed to https://hg.mozilla....
that's why you must change the regex to match the change.

Yes, I did make the change you gave me. However, still, nothing is copying to the clipboard. ](*,)

Are you getting something copying to the clipboard?
Ray

hungerburg

Post by hungerburg »

A hopefully simple question:

Can I use the keyconfig addon to make "Ctrl-Shift-F" preselect "body" in the initial term (instead of subject)?

Kind regards

Peter
rbfye14

Post by rbfye14 »

How can I emulate keyup and keydown event for Alt key?
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

WildcatRay wrote:Are you getting something copying to the clipboard?

Yes.

bege

Post by bege »

Leopoldus wrote:Hi!

Is there any ready-made code for a hotkey to toggle on/off HTML view? There was an add-on HTML View toggle, but it has stop working many TB versions and many years ago.
Thanks!

I am using "Allow HTML Temp" extension.