keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
trevorm

Post by trevorm »

I have read the entire posting and tried several combination, but I cannot seem to figure out how to use the sample config code you provided to bind a hotkey. For example, I would like to bind a key to the Rewrap command in Thunderbird. Any clues? Thanks for a great extension!
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Hm, not sure what's wrong but I don't see any shortcuts listed in Keyconfig... in the previous version all known shortcut changable keys were listed.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
dorando

Post by dorando »

trevorm wrote:I have read the entire posting and tried several combination, but I cannot seem to figure out how to use the sample config code you provided to bind a hotkey. For example, I would like to bind a key to the Rewrap command in Thunderbird. Any clues? Thanks for a great extension!
The last parameter is ECMAScript/JavaScript code, so you would need to wade through the code to find the appropriate function. Following should add a key for Rewrap:

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Rewrap", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_rewrap');");
which you can change with keyconfig. Note that this key will be added to all supported Windows, so you better use a key which isn't used in the Main window (or edit that one away).

ieremiou wrote:Hm, not sure what's wrong but I don't see any shortcuts listed in Keyconfig... in the previous version all known shortcut changable keys were listed.
Something in the JavaScript Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true)?
trevorm

Post by trevorm »

dorando wrote:The last parameter is ECMAScript/JavaScript code, so you would need to wade through the code to find the appropriate function. Following should add a key for Rewrap:

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Rewrap", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_rewrap');");
which you can change with keyconfig. Note that this key will be added to all supported Windows, so you better use a key which isn't used in the Main window (or edit that one away).

It works! Excellent! I am a very :) man. Thanks dorando!
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

dorando wrote:
ieremiou wrote:Hm, not sure what's wrong but I don't see any shortcuts listed in Keyconfig... in the previous version all known shortcut changable keys were listed.
Something in the JavaScript Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true)?

Yep I got this

Error: keyUsers[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode has no properties
Source File: chrome://keyconfig/content/keyconfig.js
Line: 85

Btw, I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041025 Firefox/1.0 (MOOX M3).
--Fresh Install--

Switching between Keyconfig 0910 and 1025 in the first I see shortcuts but in the latter I see none at all.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
dorando

Post by dorando »

Try replacing

if(keyUsers[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.localName == "menubar")
with

if(keyUsers[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.localName == "menupopup")
in keyconfig.jar/content/keyconfig.js
onemen

Post by onemen »

i download and install today keyconfig 20041025, after uninstal the previous version.
it's only work for me in "keyconfig.nicenames" set to False. ?????

I would like to be able to sort the table of key by shortcut or by name/id
and to be able to see any duplicate shortcut .
onemen

Post by onemen »

dorando wrote:Try replacing

if(keyUsers[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.localName == "menubar")
with

I made it. it's work great.

befor that it's only work for me in "keyconfig.nicenames" set to False
now it's workin in both mode.

Thanks
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

dorando wrote:Try replacing

with

Thanks bro, I made the change today (also bumping it up to 1.0) and it worked just fine. :)
dukesb11

Post by dukesb11 »

any chance of finding the send command in thunderbird?
dorando

Post by dorando »

20041027:
- Made getNameForId hopefully a bit less error prone, since it broke the keyconfig edit screen for some users.
- French locale by <a href="http://www.geckozone.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1576">Mori</a> added.

dukesb11 wrote:any chance of finding the send command in thunderbird?

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Send Unsent Messages", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_sendUnsentMsgs');");
dukesb11

Post by dukesb11 »

dorando wrote:
dukesb11 wrote:any chance of finding the send command in thunderbird?

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Send Unsent Messages", "!][][][goDoCommand('cmd_sendUnsentMsgs');");

thanks, though i was actually looking for the send command that is in the message window, currently configured as Ctrl+Enter... i can look for it myself if it's any trouble, i'd just need to know where to look...
rbright

Post by rbright »

This is an extremely useful extension. The only thought I have about how to improve it would be to put all of the default key binds into one variable like All-in-One Gestures does and have individual variables for custom keys. My user.js basically doubled in size after setting this one up! :)

Great job and keep up the good work.
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Nope no go on the changes you did to Keyconfig in 102704 it doesn't work in Firefox 1.0, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041025 Firefox/1.0 (MOOX M3).
Going back to the one with the previous line you had me change works ok but what you did in this one does not work in Firefox 1.0.

This is the error I got from the JavaScript Console when I activated keycconfig .

Error: Components.classes['@mozilla.org/accessibilityService;1'] has no properties
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/menu.xml
Line: 21

Just upgraded to the new RC1 Builds -->Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041027 Firefox/1.0RC1 (MOOX M3)
And it still gives the above error and yes no shortcut keys showed.
dorando

Post by dorando »

20041028:
- Reverted to the original fix for getNameForId, since most unofficial builds seem to omit the accessibility module due to build problems.

dukesb11 wrote:thanks, though i was actually looking for the send command that is in the message window, currently configured as Ctrl+Enter... i can look for it myself if it's any trouble, i'd just need to know where to look...
This is already there. Open the Compose Window and access keyconfig from there, and you should be able to change "Send Later".