keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
dukesb11

Post by dukesb11 »

dorando wrote:
dukesb11 wrote:thanks, though i was actually looking for the send command that is in the message window, currently configured as Ctrl+Enter... i can look for it myself if it's any trouble, i'd just need to know where to look...
This is already there. Open the Compose Window and access keyconfig from there, and you should be able to change "Send Later".

thank you so much! i hadn't realised that each window had a different keyconfig.
Fuzzle

Post by Fuzzle »

Okay, if I wanted to map accel+shift+left (and right) arrows for going to the next (and previous) tabs, what exactly would I have to add to my prefs.js?
onemen

Post by onemen »

How Can I defined Key Shortcuts that activate an extension option.
like chose extansion manager ---> and click on the option button for the highlight extension. i nedd it for the edit menu extension.
mcannon

Post by mcannon »

Is it possible to define a shortcut key to go to a particular folder in Thunderbird?

That would be awesome combined with saved searches in Thunderbird 0.9.

I'm willing to try to hack it, but does anyone know off the bat if it can or can't be done?

m
jev

Post by jev »

Very, very useful extension, thanks! With a "rewrap" key and a "paste as quote" key, I'm a much happier camper.

Does anyone know if there's a cmd_ xxx command for "Display Attachments Inline" in Thunderbird? That's one I'd love to have a key for but haven't found yet.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Fuzzle wrote:Okay, if I wanted to map accel+shift+left (and right) arrows for going to the next (and previous) tabs, what exactly would I have to add to my prefs.js?
Use the example Next Tab and Previous Tab keys from the first post.

onemen wrote:How Can I defined Key Shortcuts that activate an extension option.
like chose extansion manager ---> and click on the option button for the highlight extension. i nedd it for the edit menu extension.

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Menu Editor", "!][][][openDialog('chrome://menuedit/content/menueditprefs.xul','', 'resizable');");

mcannon wrote:Is it possible to define a shortcut key to go to a particular folder in Thunderbird?
Likely, but currently I have no idea how.

jev wrote:Does anyone know if there's a cmd_ xxx command for "Display Attachments Inline" in Thunderbird?

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Display Attachments Inline", "!][][][ToggleInlineAttachment(event.target);");
mcannon

Post by mcannon »

How would I find out what the possible operations are? Are they listed somewhere in a file, or would I have to dig through the code?

Thanks,
Mike
fagga

How to define keys for cursor movement

Post by fagga »

I would like to use this great extension to redefine the keys for cursor movement in text input fields like the location bar. Since Firefox 1.0 the usual keybindings for the Linux version have changed to the keybindings for windows. A very, very bad idea. Anyway, is there a way to change the keybindings to move the cursor right, left, to the end and to the beginning of the line? If so, this extension would be my absolute favourite.
Thanks in advance for any help.
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

It appears keyconfig is not compatible with TB 0.9. Is that right? Any way to make it work with TB 0.9, or any indication of when it might be updated?

Ta!
onemen

sort the shortcut....

Post by onemen »

i hope you add the possibility to sort the shortcut.
it will help to find which key is already occupied.
and it will be very helpful if you highlighted duplicate shortcut.

there are 2 possible sort :
A, Alt+A, Alt+Shift+A, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Shift+A.... and so on

or:
A, B, C, ..... Alt+A, Alt+B....Alt+Shift+A, Alt+Shift+B.....and so on.
imess

Post by imess »

anyway to redefine left-, middle-, right-click on links?
dorando

Post by dorando »

mcannon wrote:Are they listed somewhere in a file, or would I have to dig through the code?
You would have to dig through the code.

fagga wrote:I would like to use this great extension to redefine the keys for cursor movement in text input fields like the location bar. Since Firefox 1.0 the usual keybindings for the Linux version have changed to the keybindings for windows. A very, very bad idea. Anyway, is there a way to change the keybindings to move the cursor right, left, to the end and to the beginning of the line? If so, this extension would be my absolute favourite.
Did you mean http://kb-upgrade.mozillazine.org/index ... s_(Firefox)

GreenAsJade wrote:It appears keyconfig is not compatible with TB 0.9. Is that right?
No.
GreenAsJade wrote:Any way to make it work with TB 0.9, or any indication of when it might be updated?
Ensure that the Extension Manager can access the Internet and do an Update check from there.

onemen wrote:i hope you add the possibility to sort the shortcut.
Maybe.
onemen wrote:and it will be very helpful if you highlighted duplicate shortcut.
Planned.

imess wrote:anyway to redefine left-, middle-, right-click on links?
Nope.
GreenAsJade

Post by GreenAsJade »

GreenAsJade wrote:It appears keyconfig is not compatible with TB 0.9. Is that right?
No.
[quote="GreenAsJade"]Any way to make it work with TB 0.9, or any indication of when it might be updated?[/quote

]Ensure that the Extension Manager can access the Internet and do an Update check from there.

"Thunderbird was not able to find any updates"
MysticMoonstone

Post by MysticMoonstone »

MonkeeSage wrote:
dorando wrote:Good idea, should be in next update. I'm currently trying to find a way to do this without adding a skin.

To make a menu item disabled (grayed out, unclickable) use <code>element.setAttribute('disabled', true)</code>, e.g., <code>document.getElementById('dead-menu-item').setAttribute('disabled', true)</code> (or did I misunderstand what you meant?).

BTW, awsome extension! :)

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

If i want the HISTORY in VIEW SIDEBAR HISTORY to be grayed... AND i want GO HISTORY to be grayed, i cannot find the command line. Can you tell me *or anyone* where i'd change that?
fagga

Post by fagga »

dorando wrote:
fagga wrote:I would like to use this great extension to redefine the keys for cursor movement in text input fields like the location bar. Since Firefox 1.0 the usual keybindings for the Linux version have changed to the keybindings for windows. A very, very bad idea. Anyway, is there a way to change the keybindings to move the cursor right, left, to the end and to the beginning of the line? If so, this extension would be my absolute favourite.
Did you mean http://kb-upgrade.mozillazine.org/index ... s_(Firefox)
Hooray! This is so great. Finally after searching so much I am completely happy. Thank you very, very much.