MozillaZine

keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
FireLove

Post Posted April 25th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Hey dorando,
I'm using FullScreen more and more, obviously.

And I do navigate (using keyboard alone!) within Tab History, with this code of yours (it drops down a list of Tab's navigated pages)
Code: Select all
document.getElementById("back-forward-dropmarker").open = true;

Yet in FullScreen - AdressBar and other stuff on it is hidden, so this widget couldn't be activated.

Is there is a way around it?
1) a way to activate TabHistory widget without depending on a Widget/AdressBar to be seen ?
2) a way which shows AdressBar + then activates this widget - with one single shortcut ?

dorando

Post Posted April 27th, 2010, 5:35 am

dpdp wrote:Any way to make this compatibie with Lanikai/Thunderbird 3.1b2pre? Thanks!
Add a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.1b' through about:config.

FireLove wrote:1) a way to activate TabHistory widget without depending on a Widget/AdressBar to be seen ?
Try
document.getElementById("backForwardMenu").openPopupAtScreen(0, 8);  
FireLove wrote:2) a way which shows AdressBar + then activates this widget - with one single shortcut ?
Try
FullScreen.mouseoverToggle(true);
document.getElementById("back-forward-dropmarker").open = true;  

mad.engineer

Post Posted April 27th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Hi dorando, TB 3.0.4, in the Message Compose Window, the Priority of the message can be changed via the menu, Options->Priority (Highest, High, Normal, ...). [http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9770/screenshotau.jpg]
Is there any way I can assign some code via Keyconfig to a keyboard shortcut to toggle/select the message priority?. Thanks

dorando

Post Posted April 28th, 2010, 6:55 am

Try
var priority = "Highest";

switch(
gMsgCompose.compFields.priority) {
 case "Highest":
  priority = "High"; break;
 case "High":
  priority = "Normal"; break;
 case "Normal":
  priority = "Low"; break;
 case "Low":
  priority = "Lowest"; break;
}

gMsgCompose.compFields.priority = priority;
updatePriorityToolbarButton(priority); 

mad.engineer

Post Posted April 28th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Thank you again. It works great!

garfield2

Post Posted May 2nd, 2010, 6:03 pm

For some reason Copy, Paste, Cut, Undo and Redo have all been "greyed out" and are disabled for me and I can't re-enable them.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this? It'd be greatly appreciated.

hgerstung

Post Posted May 4th, 2010, 6:41 am

Hi everybody!

I am looking for an extension that allows me to activate my different custom views. Keyconfig sounds like it can get the job done, but when I assign ChangeViewByNumber(14) to a key combination, it does not work (View does not change). Any hints how I can accomplish that?

Regards,
Heiko

Amsuke

Post Posted May 5th, 2010, 8:44 am

How can I configure a keyconfig shortcut to duplicate the current *window* in Firefox? Similar to how Ctrl+N works in IE. I don't need to copy the browsing history, I simply want a new window (not tab) to open up with the exact same page as the current one.

Preferably, like the way it works in IE, it would preserve the page position, but that's not as necessary if it's too difficult.

Amsuke

Post Posted May 5th, 2010, 8:47 am

Out of curiosity, is there a repository for keyconfig scripts anywhere? A single site that acts as a library of keyconfig functions, which users can add to (similar to Userscripts.org for GreaseMonkey scripts, although hopefully better executed)?

dorando

Post Posted May 9th, 2010, 6:39 am

garfield2 wrote:For some reason Copy, Paste, Cut, Undo and Redo have all been "greyed out" and are disabled for me and I can't re-enable them.
These are grayed out because changing them will only change what is displayed in the menu (they are handled elsewhere in the core).

hgerstung wrote:I am looking for an extension that allows me to activate my different custom views. Keyconfig sounds like it can get the job done, but when I assign ChangeViewByNumber(14) to a key combination, it does not work (View does not change). Any hints how I can accomplish that?
Try
ViewChange(14);  

Amsuke wrote:How can I configure a keyconfig shortcut to duplicate the current *window* in Firefox? Similar to how Ctrl+N works in IE. I don't need to copy the browsing history, I simply want a new window (not tab) to open up with the exact same page as the current one.

Preferably, like the way it works in IE, it would preserve the page position, but that's not as necessary if it's too difficult.
Try
var tab = gBrowser.duplicateTab(gBrowser.mCurrentTab);
tab.hidden = true;
gBrowser.replaceTabWithWindow(tab);  
Amsuke wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a repository for keyconfig scripts anywhere? A single site that acts as a library of keyconfig functions, which users can add to (similar to Userscripts.org for GreaseMonkey scripts, although hopefully better executed)?
None that I know of (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension lists some, but mostly Thunderbird related).

bich_30

Post Posted May 11th, 2010, 12:10 pm

I have Thunderbird 3.0.4, how I can use the keyconfig?
It is installed but does not work, I have to do?

Amsuke

Post Posted May 11th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Thanks, dorando! Worked like a charm. :)

dorando wrote:
Amsuke wrote:
Out of curiosity, is there a repository for keyconfig scripts anywhere? A single site that acts as a library of keyconfig functions, which users can add to (similar to Userscripts.org for GreaseMonkey scripts, although hopefully better executed)?

None that I know of (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension lists some, but mostly Thunderbird related).

It might be a nice idea to pursue, if you're having trouble sleeping one night. :)

dutchrusk

Post Posted May 14th, 2010, 12:56 pm

hey dorando.
any chance you can help a tech-challenged noob like me tweak your great extension? i use my own custom one key shortcuts, assigned through os x system preferences, to activate the pagezipper and tidyread bookmarklets i've dragged to the bookmarks bar. this works great in safari, etc, but keyboard system preferences won't work for some reason in firefox. how can i add these in to my keyconfig?
thanks.

Protoplasm

Post Posted May 15th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Also on a Mac and dealing with Snow Leopard's inability to add shortcuts to FF menus. Whenever/wherever i ask about getting remapped keys in FF, this is where I'm directed. However, I can't decipher how to add a keyboard shortcut to a menu item which doesn't already have one. I want a key to pop up the "Add-ons" window.
 Mac Pro 1.1: 2.66 GHz - 7GB - 5.5 TB HD - OS 10.6.4 - FF-Namoroka 3.6.3

dorando

Post Posted May 16th, 2010, 5:34 am

bich_30 wrote:I have Thunderbird 3.0.4, how I can use the keyconfig?
It is installed but does not work, I have to do?
What does not work? Do you have no Tools > Keyconfig? Is keyconfig not listed in Tools > Add-ons?

dutchrusk wrote:hey dorando.
any chance you can help a tech-challenged noob like me tweak your great extension? i use my own custom one key shortcuts, assigned through os x system preferences, to activate the pagezipper and tidyread bookmarklets i've dragged to the bookmarks bar. this works great in safari, etc, but keyboard system preferences won't work for some reason in firefox. how can i add these in to my keyconfig?
thanks.
You should be able to use any bookmarklet with
content.location = "javascript:...";  
or (if you added a keyword to the bookmarklet)
loadURI(getShortcutOrURI('keyword',{})); 

Protoplasm wrote:Also on a Mac and dealing with Snow Leopard's inability to add shortcuts to FF menus. Whenever/wherever i ask about getting remapped keys in FF, this is where I'm directed. However, I can't decipher how to add a keyboard shortcut to a menu item which doesn't already have one. I want a key to pop up the "Add-ons" window.
Try
BrowserOpenAddonsMgr();  
. You should be able to get most code with
function getCommand(event) {
 window.removeEventListener("command", arguments.callee, true);
 event.preventDefault();
 event.stopPropagation();

alert(event.target.getAttribute("oncommand") || event.target.getAttribute("onclick"));
}

window.addEventListener("command", getCommand, true);   

Return to Extension/Theme Releases