MozillaZine

keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
adulttw

Post Posted July 25th, 2010, 9:11 am

Iceweasel wrote:cycle through tabs

Code: Select all
gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(1,true) /* next */
gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(-1,true) /* previous */

Thanks,it works!

levifig

Post Posted July 26th, 2010, 12:03 pm

keyconfig seems to be broken with Firefox 4 beta 2… or am I missing something?
It doesn't have any configs there anymore PLUS I can't seem to be able to add any… :(

:-k

OzarksCrescentMural

Post Posted July 26th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Hi again,

I need the command code for delete or backspace. Thanks!

Is there a glossary anywhere that lists all of the command codes in one place? That would be so useful.

Iceweasel

Post Posted July 26th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Soar Alba

OzarksCrescentMural

Post Posted July 26th, 2010, 4:19 pm

Iceweasel, you are awesome! Thank you. Just what I was looking for and I found the command code for delete.

dorando

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 3:50 am

Iceweasel wrote:PS: how do you colour code your code snippets?
[code=php][/code]

levifig wrote:keyconfig seems to be broken with Firefox 4 beta 2… or am I missing something?
See the changes posted for stevvie.

levifig

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 7:45 am

dorando wrote:
Iceweasel wrote:PS: how do you colour code your code snippets?
[code=php][/code]

levifig wrote:keyconfig seems to be broken with Firefox 4 beta 2… or am I missing something?
See the changes posted for stevvie.
You, sir, ROCK! :)

BTW, any reason why an update to the extension with those lines hasn't been released? Maybe branch it if it's a change that breaks previous FF versions… no? :)
Again, THANK YOU! ;)

Iceweasel

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 8:55 am

So many keyboard shortcuts are already taken up by Firefox and my many extensions! Most of them I don't use.

I tried to assign a shortcut that is already in use to one of my new key functions. But the old one takes precedence. Is it possible to remove used keyboard shortcuts?
Soar Alba

tonymec

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 9:58 am

Iceweasel wrote:So many keyboard shortcuts are already taken up by Firefox and my many extensions! Most of them I don't use.

I tried to assign a shortcut that is already in use to one of my new key functions. But the old one takes precedence. Is it possible to remove used keyboard shortcuts?

Some of them you can (from the keyconfig interface), others you can't, it all depends how that particular shortcut is implemented.

If a key is bound to more than one function, it will be highlighted in the keyconfig popup. Sometimes you can disable all of them but the one you need. Yrial and error will tell you.
Best regards,
Tony

Iceweasel

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 1:59 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Tony. What a nuisance! Shift-Ctrl, Meta-Alt, Shift-Meta-Alt all taken up.

I'd just like to have one key combination for all my short-cuts in combination with a meaningful letter!
Soar Alba

RobertJ

Post Posted July 28th, 2010, 8:40 am

See the changes posted for stevvie.[/quote]You, sir, ROCK! :)

BTW, any reason why an update to the extension with those lines hasn't been released? Maybe branch it if it's a change that breaks previous FF versions… no? :)

One vote for that idea :!:
FF 69.0.3 - FF 70b14 - FF 71a - TB 60.8 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Computers I've used: IBM 7094/UNIVAC 1108/IBM 360/DEC PDP11/DEC VAX-11 780/DEC VAXstation 8000/Sun SPARCstation 2/Mac from 1984 to 2019

OzarksCrescentMural

Post Posted July 29th, 2010, 7:22 pm

How would you go about setting a keyboard shortcut through keyconfig to open one specific bookmark?

Thanks!

ballyhairs

Post Posted July 30th, 2010, 2:40 am

I'm trying to manipulate Firefox using ahk, but I need it to wait till the page is fully loaded.
Is there a way to send the word "Done" to clipboard when a page is done loading?

Help is appreciated

tonymec

Post Posted July 30th, 2010, 4:48 am

ballyhairs wrote:I'm trying to manipulate Firefox using ahk, but I need it to wait till the page is fully loaded.
Is there a way to send the word "Done" to clipboard when a page is done loading?

Help is appreciated

To the clipboard? Not that I know of. However (except maybe in the very newest versions of Firefox, if the statusbar is removed, which I think hasn't happened yet), the word "Done" appears on the left side of the statusbar, in most cases when a page is done loading (though I've seen the Gmail webpage going on loading after the word "Done" was displayed).

Maybe with the Greasemonkey extension (not the keyconfig extension), and an onload script; but that is not my forte.
Best regards,
Tony

dorando

Post Posted July 31st, 2010, 7:48 am

levifig wrote:BTW, any reason why an update to the extension with those lines hasn't been released?
I don't intend to release an update just for compatibility with a beta release, since those using them should be capable of applying the required changes themselves.

OzarksCrescentMural wrote:How would you go about setting a keyboard shortcut through keyconfig to open one specific bookmark?
If you've assigned a keyword try
loadURI(getShortcutOrURI('keyword',{})); 
otherwise you might want to use loadURI directly.

ballyhairs wrote:I'm trying to manipulate Firefox using ahk, but I need it to wait till the page is fully loaded.
Try
var ClipboardHelper = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"]
getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper);

if(
gBrowser.mIsBusy)
 gBrowser.mCurrentBrowser.addEventListener("load", function () {
   this.removeEventListener("load", arguments.callee, true);
   ClipboardHelper.copyString("Done");
},
 true);
else
 ClipboardHelper.copyString("Done");  

Return to Extension/Theme Releases