keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Baddyatwork

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by Baddyatwork »

hi can you add key so that ctrl + mouse scroll is disabled
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Baddyatwork wrote:hi can you add key so that ctrl + mouse scroll is disabled

I'm not sure about Firefox, but in SeaMonkey one could select "Edit => Preferences => Advanced :: Mouse Wheel => Ctrl => Vertical scrolling => ( * ) Scroll the document by [ 0 ] lines, [don't] use system default" and the same for horizontal scrolling. (Haven't tested it.)

The relevant about:config prefs are as follows:
  • mousewheel.horizscroll.withcontrolkey.action = 0 to scroll by lines, = 4 to scroll by pixels
  • mousewheel.horizscroll.withcontrolkey.numlines number of lines or pixels
  • mousewheel.horizscroll.withcontrolkey.sysnumlines = false if you don't want to use the system default
  • mousewheel.withcontrolkey.action as above but for vertical scroll
  • mousewheel.withcontrolkey.numlines as above but for vertical scroll
  • mousewheel.withcontrolkey.sysnumlines as above but for vertical scroll
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Mousewheel. for details.
Best regards,
Tony
Cypher12

Post by Cypher12 »

Firefox 3.6.11 notifies me that the keyconfig addon is not compatible. I seem to remember this happening to another version once before, and the next firefox update fixed it again. Nevertheless, I thought I'd report it here.
ChaosDM

Post by ChaosDM »

Hi there,

I have been reading many of the messages posted on the board, but I just can't figure out what to do (fiddled with keyconfig-service.js, with chrome-manifest in the xpi file). How can I make this (fantastic) add-on work in the latest version of Thunderbird 3.1.5

Thanks a lot for a solution.
Dimitri
bystander0

Post by bystander0 »

Cypher12 wrote:Firefox 3.6.11 notifies me that the keyconfig addon is not compatible. I seem to remember this happening to another version once before, and the next firefox update fixed it again. Nevertheless, I thought I'd report it here.

See below. In Firefox, if you choose to edit the xpi file then obviously you will have to download (not install) that first, edit it, and then install the edited version by locally installing it (eg, drag and drop the xpi file from explorer into the Firefox content area).
ChaosDM wrote:..I have been reading many of the messages posted on the board, but I just can't figure out what to do (fiddled with keyconfig-service.js, with chrome-manifest in the xpi file). How can I make this (fantastic) add-on work in the latest version of Thunderbird 3.1.5..
Dimitri

I assume that by "make this.. ..work", you mean "re-enable". Use one of the methods described in this article.

If you choose to edit the downloaded xpi file and re-install, then you might like to uninstall the extension before re-installing it.

Updating add-ons - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_exte ... on_version

The extension works without problems after using one of these methods to re-enable/re-install.
jek60

Post by jek60 »

Cypher12 wrote:Firefox 3.6.11 notifies me that the keyconfig addon is not compatible. I seem to remember this happening to another version once before, and the next firefox update fixed it again. Nevertheless, I thought I'd report it here.

Same here. Could you update the RDF file to reflect the version bump (assuming it works)?

Thanks.
bystander0

Post by bystander0 »

jek60 wrote:..Could you update the RDF file to reflect the version bump..

Please see article linked to above for various methods to use in the meantime, including how to edit the rdf file yourself and also easy-to-use extensions which will re-enable/override version checking when requested.

jek60 wrote:..(assuming it works)..

See last line of the reply which pointed to that article.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

The latest keyconfig.xpi available at http://mozilla.dorando.at/ is dated 29-Sep-2008. Last I tried, it did NOT work with current (Gecko 2.0 beta) trunk builds (the UI came out empty, even with extensions.checkCompatibility.<version> set to false). Note that there have been… huge? No, that's too weak… gigantic changes in the whole addons subsystem recently: I think we will have to wait for an updated version, and I can understand that Dorando wants the backend to stabilize before he starts programming against it.
Best regards,
Tony
ballyhairs

Post by ballyhairs »

I don't know if this has been requested before, or if its a firefox built-in hotkey, if so please link me..
I need a hotkey to toggle hide/show "Navigation Toolbar" or "Address bar".

Thanks.
NGAComp

Post by NGAComp »

Hi,
I have been reading this huge topic attempting to find out how to install KeyConfig for both FF and TB. While I was successful at doing so for FF by editing the rdf, I have not been able to do likewise for TB despite also altering the maxversion for it. Frustrated at my lack of success and ability to figure out why that did not work for TB as it did for FF, I went ahead and installed MR Tech's Toolkit using it to completely disable compatibility checking. Unfortunately still no joy! It STILL tells me that KeyConfig is not compatible with TB 3.1.5.! Obviously I'm missing something here but I'm just not seeing it for some reason. Given the results from my last attempt, I did not see where adding the boolean in about:config would make any difference. Below are the details for TB:

Generated: Thu Oct 21 2010 13:07:56 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101013 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.5
Build ID: 20101013171520

Enabled Extensions: [4]
- Lightning 1.0b2: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calenda ... 1.0b2.html
- MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4: http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/
- RealPrevNextButtons 0.1: http://mozilla-ext-ja.way-nifty.com/blo ... index.html
- Toolbar Buttons 0.6.0.8: http://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/

Installed Themes: [1]
- Default: http://www.mozilla.org/

Installed Plugins: (0)

Note that this is a Win7 64 bit installation if that is of consequence.

I'm also curious as to how you discern which application id in the rdf corresponds to which application. I found the appropriate id's for FF and TB by searching through the various pages of this topic but minus that, I have no idea how one would correlate the two. I'm assuming these are assigned somewhere?

In hopes of providing the necessary information, I'm also including the modified portion of the RDF that I used (without success) in my attempt to install this in TB. I should also note that this is only the latest version as I tried several iterations of min/max just to see if it had any appreciable effect which sadly, it did not.

<targetApplication><rdf:Description>
<id>{3550f703-e582-4d05-9a08-453d09bdfdc6}</id>
<minVersion>2.*</minVersion>
<maxVersion>3.* ](*,) </maxVersion>
</rdf:Description></targetApplication>

Any ideas and/or suggestion are much appreciated! :-)

Regards,

Erik
bystander0

Post by bystander0 »

tonymec wrote:The latest keyconfig.xpi available at http://mozilla.dorando.at/ is dated 29-Sep-2008. Last I tried, it did NOT work with current (Gecko 2.0 beta) trunk builds (the UI came out empty, even with extensions.checkCompatibility.<version> set to false). Note that there have been… huge? No, that's too weak… gigantic changes in the whole addons subsystem recently: I think we will have to wait for an updated version, and I can understand that Dorando wants the backend to stabilize before he starts programming against it.

jek60 is using Firefox 3.6.11. So am I and it still works perfectly for me.

The install.rdf file has not been updated for ages but simply editing the install.rdf file in the keyconfig .xpi file and re-installing from the edited file has worked for me every time any new version of Firefox has declared it incompatible. Occasionally an update rejects the installed (and adequately 'bumped') version but repeating the local install without any further editing gets it back again.

I believe that any of the extensions (and other methods currently applicable from that article) which can override compatibility checking would also work for 3.6.11. Mr Tech Toolkit does it for me but I prefer to fix the .xpi file so it will immediately install cleanly in any profile I set up.

Thanks for the warning about Firefox 4 which you are using. It doesn't surprise me that bumping is not enough in FF4. Hopefully that problem will be bridged by the time FF4 is on general release.
bystander0

Post by bystander0 »

NGAComp wrote:..I went ahead and installed MR Tech's Toolkit using it to completely disable compatibility checking. Unfortunately still no joy! It STILL tells me that KeyConfig is not compatible with TB 3.1.5.!..
..I'm also curious as to how you discern which application id in the rdf corresponds to which application. I found the appropriate id's for FF and TB by searching through the various pages of this topic but minus that, I have no idea how one would correlate the two. I'm assuming these are assigned somewhere?

<targetApplication><rdf:Description>
<id>{3550f703-e582-4d05-9a08-453d09bdfdc6}</id>
<minVersion>2.*</minVersion>
<maxVersion>3.* ](*,) </maxVersion>
</rdf:Description></targetApplication>

a) Assuming that " ](*,) " is not really part of the code, have you tried with just 2.0.0.17 instead of 2.* ?
b) If you set Mr Tech Toolkit to allow checking then, when you attempt an install and you see the pop-up box asking you to confirm installation, on the box there should be a checkbox allowing you to tell MrTech to override compatibility when installing that xpi file. Ensure that is set correctly before clicking to confirm the install.

If you get keyconfig installed and TB 3.1.5 subsequently rejects it, then you could either reinstall or right-click on its (disabled) entry in Add-ons Manager and use the MrTech facility to force compatibility for just that extension.

For Application IDs:

Install.rdf - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Install.rdf#T ... s.27_GUIDs
bystander0

Post by bystander0 »

NGAComp wrote:.. ..

It also occurs to me that in any case you might do well to make sure you are offline when you try to install, just in case TB is phoning home to check at some stage in the process. Unlikely and I don't think it should make any difference in your present situation but, when updating FF, I prefer to be offline before the stage where it checks current extension compatibility. Sometimes I've had to re-install perfectly good 'bumps' because the online FF update extension checking ignored the install.rdf of previously installed extensions.
jek60

Post by jek60 »

bystander0 wrote:jek60 is using Firefox 3.6.11. So am I and it still works perfectly for me.

Correct. And I was able to use the MR Tech Tookit successfully with the "right-click" and "make compatible" trick.

My key bindings for emacs in Thunderbird are these:

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.global.20080929", "");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_close", "control shift][W][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_editAsNew", "control shift][E][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_find", "control shift][F][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_newMessage2", "control shift][N][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_print", "control shift][P][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_quickSearchFocus", "!][][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_selectAll", "!][][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_viewPageSource", "!][][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_A", "control][A][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_beginLine\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_B", "control][B][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_charPrevious\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_D", "control][D][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteCharForward\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_E", "control][E][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_endLine\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_F", "control][F][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_charNext\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_H", "control][H][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteCharBackward\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_K", "control][K][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteToEndOfLine\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_N", "control][N][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_lineNext\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_P", "control][P][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_linePrevious\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_U", "control][U][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_selectBeginLine\"); goDoCommand(\"cmd_delete\");][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_W", "control][W][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteWordBackward\")][");

They work great for editing emails and on the header lines.

Anyone know why they don't work in Firefox?
Does "main" need to be replaced with something else?
jek60

Post by jek60 »

Messing with it a bit more, the following code works for all but ctrl-A which still selects all.

Had to remap the other keys with shift:

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.global.20080929", "");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_close", "control shift][W][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_editAsNew", "control shift][E][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_find", "control shift][F][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_gotoHistory", "!][][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_newMessage2", "control shift][N][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_newNavigator", "control shift][N][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_print", "control shift][P][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_quickSearchFocus", "!][][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_search", "control shift][K][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_search2", "control shift][E][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_selectAll", "!][][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_viewPageSource", "!][][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.key_viewSource", "control shift][U][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.printKb", "control shift][P][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.viewBookmarksSidebarKb", "control shift][B][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_A", "control][A][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_beginLine\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_B", "control][B][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_charPrevious\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_D", "control][D][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteCharForward\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_E", "control][E][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_endLine\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_F", "control][F][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_charNext\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_H", "control][H][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteCharBackward\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_K", "control][K][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteToEndOfLine\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_N", "control][N][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_lineNext\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_P", "control][P][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_linePrevious\")][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_U", "control][U][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_selectBeginLine\"); goDoCommand(\"cmd_delete\");][");
user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__emacs_ctrl_W", "control][W][][goDoCommand(\"cmd_deleteWordBackward\")][");