keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tzarskyz

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by tzarskyz »

I have also had problems trying to get keyconfig to work with firefox 4. I tried the manual steps of adding the necessary lines to the three files but firefox tells me the extension is corrupt.

If you have a successful copy working would you mind uploading it to a filesharing site or send me a pm please and I will upload the file to share if that's okay. Really could use the help. Much appreciated!
dorando

Post by dorando »

Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

Note that it is possible to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6' (Firefox 3.6) or 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.1' (Thunderbird 3.1) through about:config.

PrimaFacie wrote:I managed to open it and edit the files per the instructions found http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2064341&p=10264475#p10264475.

Unfortunately, Firefox says it's corrupt, so it can't be installed. :(
You could also try the package posted by Bluefang.

kangarooo wrote:How to make shortcut in that Keyconfig for CTRL+ALT+D to save bookmark without asking in Unsorted bookmarks […]?
Try to Add a new key containing:

Code: Select all

PlacesCommandHook.bookmarkCurrentPage(false);  
kangarooo wrote:How to make shortcut in that Keyconfig for CTRL+ALT+D to save bookmark without asking […] in specific folder?
Try

PlacesCommandHook.bookmarkCurrentPage(false, FolderId);  
Replace FolderId with the result of

function getFolderId(event) {
 if(!event.target.firstChild || !event.target.firstChild._resultNode || event.target.id == "bookmarksMenu")
  return;

window.removeEventListener("mouseup", arguments.callee, true);
 event.preventDefault();
 event.stopPropagation();

alert(event.target.firstChild._resultNode.itemId);
}

window.addEventListener("mouseup", getFolderId, true);  
after clicking on a bookmark folder from the main menu. Alternatively you can use PlacesUtils.bookmarksMenuFolderId and PlacesUtils.toolbarFolderId .
lexluthor

Post by lexluthor »

Keyconfig (special version I got here) was working through all of the betas, but now with RC 1, it's not working at all.

Any ideas?
somesayinice

Post by somesayinice »

Thank you so much dorando for this extension. It works well and helps me tremendously at home.
noroom

Post by noroom »

Hello! I couldn't get keyconfig to work on my migrated profile (from 3.x to 4.x), so I created a new one to try it out, and I'd like to report my findings.

After installing the Add-on Compatiblity Reporter, I installed the version linked in the first post, but when I open keyconfig, the list of keyboard shortcuts is empty.

The error console shows these entries after I have opened the keyconfig window:

Error: window.opener.keyconfig is undefined
Source File: chrome://keyconfig/content/keyconfig.js
Line: 1

Error: gPrefService is undefined
Source File: chrome://keyconfig/content/keyconfig.js
Line: 18

If keyconfig is supposed to be working with Firefox 4, is there a chance you could host an updated version so I don't need to disable compatibility checking just to install it? The build you're hosting appears to be from two and a half years ago. Having to edit the keyconfig xpi is annoying as well. ](*,)

Also, I found out that I'm not the only one having this exact problem.
Cattleya

Post by Cattleya »

lexluthor wrote:Keyconfig (special version I got here) was working through all of the betas, but now with RC 1, it's not working at all.

Any ideas?

Try this copy, work perfect for me without problem:
http://www.mediafire.com/?78rjcwq5p7d99c4

Hi dorando, I have a problem with Show/Hide Bookmark Toolbar for Firefox 4.0 RC, in Firefox 3 i use:

goToggleToolbar('PersonalToolbar','');

Work perfect, but for Firefox 4.0 it doesn't work, hope you can help, thanks ~
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

noroom wrote:Hello! I couldn't get keyconfig to work on my migrated profile (from 3.x to 4.x), so I created a new one to try it out, and I'd like to report my findings.

After installing the Add-on Compatiblity Reporter, I installed the version linked in the first post, but when I open keyconfig, the list of keyboard shortcuts is empty.

The version linked in the first post is not compatible with Firefox 4.

I've previously updated keyconfig to make it compatible with Firefox 4 (and Thunderbird 3.3 alpha). You can get it here:
http://files.bluefang-logic.com/firefox/keyconfig.xpi

Unfortunately, when I first updated keyconfig, I didn't change the version number. So it's impossible to tell if those problems are happening in the original version of the updated version.

I just updated the version number to 20110318 (no other changes except for also bumping some application maxVersions) on the updated version I'm hosting. That should make it stand out in the compatibility reporter results.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
rtega

Post by rtega »

Has anyone figured out a way yet to switch from tab-group to tab-group (just like next-tab but for tab-groups). I couldn't find it here on the forum.

Kind regards,

rtega
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

I'm glad to see today an official update for Fx4. Testing a bit, I can't to do to work a snippet. I want to toggle the visibility of the menubar. I used for that on Fx 3.6.x:

var toolbar = document.getElementById("toolbar-menubar");
toolbar.collapsed = !toolbar.collapsed;

With Fx4 it doesn't work (linux system); I tested too with next line, with the same results:

toolbar.autohide = !toolbar.autohide;

So, what I'm missing? Thanks in advance for comments.
EDIT: Oh, now I see that F10 do this on gnome. With KDE is Alt. crap, i prefer use Alt. I don't see this shorcut in the keyconfig dialog, so, I need the code anyway.

rtega wrote:Has anyone figured out a way yet to switch from tab-group to tab-group (just like next-tab but for tab-groups). I couldn't find it here on the forum.
Use Ctrl + ~
Cattleya

Post by Cattleya »

Cattleya wrote:Hi dorando, I have a problem with Show/Hide Bookmark Toolbar for Firefox 4.0 RC, in Firefox 3 i use:

goToggleToolbar('PersonalToolbar','');

Work perfect, but for Firefox 4.0 it doesn't work, hope you can help, thanks ~

SOLVED: Just uses this script : ">
var bmToolbar = document.getElementById("PersonalToolbar");
bmToolbar.collapsed = !bmToolbar.collapsed;

It work like charm for Firefox 4.
geon

Post by geon »

is it possible to have keyconfig in Thunderbird and simultaneously not to have in contacts (in tb)? or to have one shortcut (Del) different in tb and in its contacts? Thank you.
bolidew

Post by bolidew »

I used this command to "Hide/Show TabBar":
"gBrowser.mStrip.collapsed = !gBrowser.mStrip.collapsed;"

But it doesn't work any more in Firefox 4 (with "Tabs on Top" disabled).

Would appreciate any suggestions for a shortcut key to Hide/Show TabBar ! Thanks.
jek60

Post by jek60 »

I noticed that there is a new xpi at: http://mozilla.dorando.at/readme.html and that the http://mozilla.dorando.at/upate.rdf specified FF 4.0 so I updated Firefox.

Danke, Dorando, for making everything seamless with FireFox 4!

I encourage others to join me in sending beer money at this URL: http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=3048

Actually, it is hosting money, but hopefully it leaves something for ein bier!
Morgan B

Post by Morgan B »

Is it possible to make a key that restarts Firefox?
rahul

Re:

Post by rahul »

Morgan B wrote:Is it possible to make a key that restarts Firefox?

see this earlier post.