MozillaZine

keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old zeniko

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 4:40 am

TobyK wrote:is there a way to execute a command currently hold in the clipboard?

Interesting idea. For Firefox' main window try
Code: Select all
eval(readFromClipboard());

for other windows/applications, you'll additionally have to include the <code>readFromClipboard</code> method (see browser.js).

TobyK

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 6:14 am

GREAT! THANK YOU!
Working perfectly fine - at least with the first test commands!

amg27

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 6:30 am

Thanks, Reevuur, for suggesting Nostalgy. Unless I'm missing something , though it comes close, it doesn't do exactly what I want. I would like to be able to press one key and have TB file a message in a particular folder, and press another key and have TB file a message in a different folder - i.e. skipping the step of choosing a folder from the menu and instead going directly to a particular folder. Any thoughts of how to do that (maybe there is a way to combine keyconfig and Nostalgy or keyconfig and Buttons?)

TobyK

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 7:04 am

I use quickmove ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/877/ ) to do exactly this.
The code for the hotkey is this
 QMglobals.doCommand('mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/Inbox');
(copy the folder location via right click an edit it to look like this)
to select the folder the command would be
 SelectFolder('mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/Inbox');
you don't need quickmove for that.

amg27

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 8:36 am

Thanks, TobyK - I didn't know about quickmove and it works great. What I just did is configure some folders in quickmove, which then show up in the keyconfig listing and allow you to then reassign to any key combination (since quickmove only allows control + a number) without writing any code - very easy, and exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thanks very much!

reevuur

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 8:39 am

If you have a lot of different folders, nostalgy works much better because you do not have to add all the folders to the quickmove menu.

TobyK

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 9:26 am

@reevuur: I use both: quickmove for the folders I use very often, nostalgy for the others - but you are right with many folders quickmove is not the best choice
@amg27: did you restart thunderbird already? At least when I first tried to reassign the keys it did not work after a restart - therefor I set the command in keyconfig directly.

amg27

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 9:32 am

TobyK - It works for me post restart - TB 1.5.0.2 Macintosh OS X 10.3.9 with QuickMove 0.4.2 and keyconfig 20050908.4

Reevuur - I tend to only save to a few folders (my main goal is to get msgs out of the inbox and not to create a great filing system), so Quickmove works better for me, but could see how nostalgy would be better for others.

amg27

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 9:35 am

There is one annoying thing though - I set some of my folder keys to keys without modifiers - e.g. just press "A" to move to one folder - and when I use the window created by the QuickReply extension to reply, it has just started reading those keys as menu commands when entered in the reply message box created by QuickReply. It wasn't doing this a few minutes ago - wonder why it just started...

reevuur

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 10:10 am

@amg27,

If you goal is to get msgs out of the inbox why don't you create a filter which you can use (manually or automatically) to move messages from the mailbox to other folders?

-----------------------

If you move messages to 10 folders or less may'be Quickmove is the best extension.
If you move messages to more then 10 folder I believe that Nostalgy does his job better.

I move the messages from my inbox/sent folder immediately after I've read them, or replied to them, to various different mailboxes and find nostalgy a great extension to do this.
Last edited by reevuur on May 24th, 2006, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

amg27

Post Posted May 24th, 2006, 10:13 am

Reevuur - thanks, I do use filters quite a bit, this is more for after I've read messages (which I then tend to manually sort based on content between a few folders)...

reevuur

Post Posted May 25th, 2006, 2:30 am

Someone know how to add a shortcut command "Empty Trash folder" in TB and a shortcut for "Search Web for (selected word) in FF"

TobyK

Post Posted May 25th, 2006, 3:54 am

All commands in the menu you can find out with menumanipulator: http://mozilla.dorando.at/
Empty Trash would be goDoCommand('cmd_emptyTrash')

dorando

Post Posted May 25th, 2006, 4:00 am

amg27 wrote:I'd like it even more if I could use different key shortcuts to move a message directly to a particular folder without going through the menu - i.e. type "A" to move to folder 1, "B" to move to folder 2, etc.
With Buttons!
<code>bMoveMessage('folderURI');</code>
and without
<code>MsgMoveMessage({getAttribute: function(){return 'folderURI'}});</code>
should work.

Use
<code>prompt("",gMsgFolderSelected.Value);</code>
to get the folderURI.

reevuur wrote:"Search Web for (selected word) in FF"
<code>OpenSearch('internet', nsContextMenu.prototype.searchSelected(), true);</code>

reevuur

Post Posted May 25th, 2006, 5:07 am

Thank you very much TobyK and Dorando !!!!

Dorando,

Do you know what to do if I want to search in the same window
and do you know how to do the search in a new tab in the foregrond?

OpenSearch('internet', nsContextMenu.prototype.searchSelected(), true); ?
true --> false?

In TB I use Conquery to do a websearch of a selected word.
I found the oncommand in menumanipulator:
ProcessEntry(event.ctrlKey, 'C:_Program Files_Mozilla Thunderbird_searchplugins_GoogleAdvanced-cqr')
but it doesn't work in Keyconfig.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases