[Ext] Image Toolbar 0.6.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
CaptnBlack13

Post by CaptnBlack13 »

Cusser wrote:
It is triggered by background gifs.

Can you give me a link to a page where this happened?

Sorry, but I made a mistake, it wasn't a "background" .gif.
Should have looked closer, it was just a large gif ad on the page.

Would still be nice to have the option to exclude gifs. :wink:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040817 Firefox/0.9.1+ (djeter)(1.6Gig Duron-Applebred 384 DDR)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

I'll think about how to exclude image types for 0.3 probably. You're right, it's a good idea. -> Future enhancements.
nexx

Post by nexx »

Would a 'copy to clipboard' button be possible? I'd magine it would be quite easy seeing as the backend is already there, but i know nothing about extension coding :)

Edit: nm it's already in there.
i should think more before i post :/
Last edited by nexx on May 5th, 2004, 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
<a href="http://users.bigpond.net.au/nexx1/oxpmenu/" title="Office XP Menus">Office XP Menus</a> || <a href="http://scragz.com/tech/mozilla/firefox-unofficial-branding.php"> Unofficial Firefox Branding</a>
cheeaun

Post by cheeaun »

Uh, Cusser, how do I phoenitize your extension? I've tried to add all the relevant codes to replace the toolbar icons but to no avail. Any ideas?
Phoenity http://phoenity.com/
You should follow me on Twitter here http://twitter.com/cheeaun
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Uh, I don't think it's skinnable yet. I need to make some adjustments to the way the extension is packaged. If you can give me a copy of the skin you're trying (so I have something to test with) I'll adapt the extension so that it can be fully skinned.
velcrospud

Post by velcrospud »

Cusser,
I assume you probably already know this but in regard to bug#3 - I think the problem you are having is that the mouseover event isn't always firing - which would be a problem with firefox, not your extension. There are several bugs in bugzilla on this topic so your problem may be found in some combination of these:
bug 24974
bug 98114
bug 126613

I don't know if there is a possible workaround for this problem, but I wouldn't mind seeing a mode where mini- and mostly transparent toolbar buttons (smaller than they are now) are always visible for images above the specified size. (I only use the "save image" button, so it would just be the "save" corner for me.) This would avoid the onMouseOver problem. Now that I think about it - you could just make the toolbar completely transparent until it's :hovered over - since I don't think :hover states have a problem like onMouseOver does.

If you wanted the exact same functionality there is now, maybe you could have a transparent box actually overlay the entire image, and have its :hover state show the toolbar - just an idea - not sure if it would work.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

I assume you probably already know this but in regard to bug#3 - I think the problem you are having is that the mouseover event isn't always firing - which would be a problem with firefox, not your extension.

I'm pretty sure it's more related to the load event not always triggering, or that I need additional event listeners to cope with stuff like frames and new tabs. As far as I'm aware, the mouseover event is triggering ok. Site-specific problems appeared to be due to z-index values, which has been fixed for 0.2.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Yes, at last, the moment you've all been waiting for. 0.2 is now ready, and fixes lots of bugs, plus adds a few new things.

Install: here.

Updates:
- Middle click performs the same action as CTRL+Click.
- CTRL should override image size requirement (hidden pref to disable).
- <meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="false"> should prevent the toolbar loading.
- Support for skins (hidden pref to disable), skinners, please PM me for more info.
- Toolbar should always appear in the right place.
- This extension should now have no problems with frames.
- The toolbar is now created every time.
- Toolbar should always disappear on mouseout.
- Should no longer appear behind images.
davetheman

Post by davetheman »

Just Perfect....

Waiting for the version that include browsing "Next" and "Previous" images... :D

cheers man
mimeryme

Post by mimeryme »

Cusser, thanks for this plugin. It makes image downloading so easy. :D

I've 0.2 installed and notice that the autosave feature cannot function w/ attached images on a vbulletin forum. The image location is something along the lines of : domain.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=001 and the autosave tries to save it as f:\attachment.php?attachmentid=001

Right-clicking and selecting Save Image As brings up the Save dialog box with the image's real name in the File Name text field.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Ooh, thanks for pointing that out. I'll look into it, but you can presumably still access the save dialog from the toolbar, which is a mild timesaver until I resolve the issue.
Guilda

Post by Guilda »

0.2 is now ready

Another fantastic build. Thanks Cusser. This extension is by far my favorite. :D
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

Amazing update! I'm having one problem though. Ctrl+Click doesn't bring up the save dialog when clicking the save button (that's the alternate command). However, the alternate command works for Copy Image and Choose Download Folder. It's just the save button that doesn't seem to work. Also, I can't get the middle button to do any of the alternate commands. I middle click one of the buttons and the autoscroll thing appears. Could it be that I installed version 0.2 over 0.1? Do I need to uninstall the first version first?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a) Gecko/20040503 Firefox/0.8.0+
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

That could be due to something that has a Firefox-wide grip on the middle-mouse button. Do you have any extensions installed that use middle-mouse for anything? If you do, try disabling them and see how that goes -- then report back here.

As it stands, middle-mouse seems to work for me but I'm not using anything else that uses my middle-mouse button.
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

I'm not using any extension that needs the middle mouse button. I had to disable auto-scrolling in Advanced Preferences and then it worked for the Copy Image and Choose Download Folder, but still didn't work with Save Image Dialog. That's odd... I think I'll try completely uninstalling the extension and then reinstalling it.