[Ext] Image Toolbar 0.6.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Gorgias has PM'd me a fix for bug#1, and bug#4 (which I just added to the summary). These fixes will be included in 0.2, which will be released when the remaining 0.2 targets are completed (see original post).

I'm glad you all like the extension, it means that it was worth doing! Don't hesitate to add your comments or requests.
MonkeeSage

Post by MonkeeSage »

Nice work Cusser! It's looking very good. :)

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G
"[M]en are usually satisfied with bad argument only when their convictions rest on other grounds." --John Oman
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Thanks :) While you're here, any chance you can help me with bug#3? :P
*Goes off to do tooltips and middle click*
MonkeeSage

Post by MonkeeSage »

I can give it a shot. :)

I'm moving my grandmother into a her new house today and tomorrow, but if the problem is still around after that I'll try and help with it. I was really suprised at how well it works so far (not that I thought you couldn't do it, but I know it must have been alot of work! -- I'm especially impressed with the preferences dialog!).

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G
"[M]en are usually satisfied with bad argument only when their convictions rest on other grounds." --John Oman
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Hmm, looks like tooltips are going to be ruled out, unless someone can figure out how to do it. I've tried setting "tooltip", "tooltiptext" and "title", none of which show up, possibly due to the way this extension works. I'll bump it from 0.2 to "future" and do things that I *can* do for now.
Lost User 12174

Post by Lost User 12174 »

EDIT:: seems to be working now.. guess it needed to warm up for a bit first. :)

not working at all for me.
i've made sure the extension is enabled.
win2k pro
FX 0.8
Last edited by Lost User 12174 on May 3rd, 2004, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

There's not much I can say or do until 0.2, it's not working all the time right now due to some bugs. Remember that it'll only activate for images 200x200 or bigger by default.

Coding update: I just finished the middle click function, but be warned that it doesn't play nicely with autoscrolling. Also added override for image size: Holding CTRL on mouseover will show the toolbar, regardless of the size of the image.
clav

Post by clav »

Have you tried using a XUL <popup/> element, rather than cloning a <box/> and inserting it into the web page's DOM?
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

clav wrote:Have you tried using a XUL <popup/> element, rather than cloning a <box/> and inserting it into the web page's DOM?

I tried that first, but you'll have to trust me that it was more trouble than it was worth and also stayed static while the page content scrolled (etc). I could have coded to cope with that, but it ended up being a lot easier to do it this way, and it should end up working ok once a few bugs are ironed out. I chose this approach mainly as the Radial Context menu extension uses it.

Just bug#3 to go now, unless anyone figures out how to implement tooltips as well, in which case we can throw that in for 0.2 also. The latest imagetoolbarOverlay.js is here (for developers only):
http://extensions.cusser.net/imagetoolb ... Overlay.js
I have added in a single line to the settings .js, but I don't think anyone needs to edit any of the prefs stuff before 0.2 anyway. If you do, let me know by PM and I'll upload it as well so you have the latest copy.
Guilda

Post by Guilda »

This is completely awesome! Thanks for the e-mail and all the hard work. I absolutely love it. Goodbye IE!
CaptnBlack13

Post by CaptnBlack13 »

Thanks for the great extension, extremely useful feature.

Works very well as is, but just wondering if it would be possible to add an option to have the toolbar appear relative to the cursor position.
If not it's still a most excellent extension.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040817 Firefox/0.9.1+ (djeter)(1.6Gig Duron-Applebred 384 DDR)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Guilda wrote:This is completely awesome! Thanks for the e-mail and all the hard work. I absolutely love it. Goodbye IE!

No problem, be sure to check back for future updates, since this was done at your request. Glad I could help you with ditching IE.

CaptnBlack13 wrote:Works very well as is, but just wondering if it would be possible to add an option to have the toolbar appear relative to the cursor position.

Yes, this is a very good idea, and should be possible without too much effort (as the position is generated each and every time). I'll add this in for "future enhancements", since I'm not sure if I'll do it for 0.2 or not. I don't think this should be the default behaviour though, I'll put a preference for it in the prefs dialog.
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

I'm very impressed with this extension. Doesn't work on a few sites with frames and that are opened in new tabs, but I guess that's the elusive Bug #3. BTW, I'm equally impressed with the preference dialog. Amazing! Good job. Can't wait for .2.
CaptnBlack13

Post by CaptnBlack13 »

Know your still busy with the basics, have another "future enhancement" idea/request.

Ran into a minor annoyance with image toolbar.
It is triggered by background gifs.
Not a big deal, but it would be nice if ya could have an "exclude .gif" option, or make it a hidden pref if possible.

Thanks again for a great extension ! :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040817 Firefox/0.9.1+ (djeter)(1.6Gig Duron-Applebred 384 DDR)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

It is triggered by background gifs.

Can you give me a link to a page where this happened?