[Ext] Hide Menubar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tanstaafl_bh

Re: [Ext] Hide Menubar

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

As always, yuoo2k, you rock!

Any idea if/when you'll have time to look into making Personal Titlebar work with TB6+, so I can switch to that instead of HideMenuBar?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Any idea if/when you'll have time to look into making Personal Titlebar work with TB6+, so I can switch to that instead of HideMenuBar?

Well, it depends on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644169
Once TB allows us place controls on title bar, it can be done easily by Personal Titlebar.
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

I guess we no longer need an update for this addon for Thunderbird 9, it has this feature built-in, right click on the menu bar and uncheck it. Thanks to the author for providing a solution all this time.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Actually, not true...

This extension allows you to set the menubar to *suto*-show/hide on mouseover of the window titlebar (this is how I've always used it)...

I just can't wait until TB adds the App Button, so yuoo2k can add support for Thunderbird to his Personal Titlebar addon...
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Actually, not true...

This extension allows you to set the menubar to *suto*-show/hide on mouseover of the window titlebar (this is how I've always used it)...

I just can't wait until TB adds the App Button, so yuoo2k can add support for Thunderbird to his Personal Titlebar addon...

Ah, OK, I never used it like that, just the ALT key was good enough for me. I guess some people will still need this addon then.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

And that should have read *auto*-show/hide... but I guess you realized that... ;)
prilone

Post by prilone »

I really love this plugin, but there is a little problem for me. When I write in polish (or italian) and want to insert some alternate graphic letter (like ą, ć, ń) I have to hold down first AltGr key. Then often I get the menubar pop-out and it's pretty annoying. You can fix my problem simply by disabling ALTGR key. Just leave ALT and F10 - but leave ALTGR to be used for accented letters. Thank you!

Information about plugin I use: Hide Menubar 6.0.20110915
shmerl

Post by shmerl »

I have a problem with this add-on (since some recent versions of Firefox). When I start downloading anything, the menu bar pops out, even though it was hidden before. It's pretty annoying. On Linux this add-on is still required, since unlike Windows there is no way to hide menubar easily. And appmenu-gtk isn't present in Debian for example.
nikgrc

Post by nikgrc »

I have the same problem as "shmerl" above!
Any solution please?
druthers

Post by druthers »

Bug report? ... I need a "fix" for this problem:

I tried "Hide Menubar" for a while, but have removed it, to restore Firefox to "the way it was".

The problem is...

When I uninstalled Hide Menubar, now the Firefox Menubur Commands are now "stuck in the middle", at the top.

How do I stop the Menubar Commands from appearing in the center, and put them back on the left, where they were?

I looked in about:config, but Firefox doesn't have a setting for this!

Thank you.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

druthers wrote:When I uninstalled Hide Menubar, now the Firefox Menubur Commands are now "stuck in the middle", at the top.
How do I stop the Menubar Commands from appearing in the center, and put them back on the left, where they were?

Try customize toolbar, click "Restore Defaults".
druthers

Post by druthers »

yuoo2k wrote: Try customize toolbar, click "Restore Defaults".

Oh Damn! -- I tried that, but it killed my custom toolbars, add-on bar, and everything is ruined.

Now, how do I restore my configuration, that "Restore Defaults" has nuked?

Please help!
shmerl

Post by shmerl »

With recent versions of Firefox this add-on is not needed anymore, since Firefox on Linux now supports toggling the menubar with Alt natively.
ApTeM

Post by ApTeM »

svlasov

Post by svlasov »

Despite the comment above, the addon has been working fine up to Firefox 51 but it breaks Firefox 52 Beta. Mouse hover does nothing, ALT key is broken too.