[Ext] Hide Menubar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Hide Menubar

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:To make matters worse, I then discovered that somehow, *all* of the menus have gotten moved down to the *Navigation* toolbar...
Any chance you can help me get things restored to normal?

Try Right-Click on any toolbar -> Customize... -> Click [Restore Default Set] button.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi yuoo2k...

Thanks - tried that and everything did get reset *except* the menus are all still on the navigation toolbar - and it moved them all over to the far right side of it... :(

I know I can just create a new profile, but I'd really like to figure out what happened to cause this and how to fix it in case it happens again...
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Ok... well, this is just weird...

Right after posting my last, I tried uninstalling HideMenuBar to see if resetting the toolbars would work after it was ununstalled (since it was the only extension I had installed related to the menu bar)...

I clicked remove, clicked restart - and when it restarted, the menus were back on the menu bar - but the weird part was, HideMenuBar was *still installed* - *and* working like it should...

I hate weird things like this... but anyway, it is fixed now... :)
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Scratch that... instead of uninstalling HideMenuBar, I guess I accidentally uninstalled TabMixPlus... so apparently it was causing the problem...

Sorry for the noise...
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

yuoo2k wrote:
tanstaafl_bh wrote:Can you explain this a little? Does this mean I'll also be able to place toolbar buttons on the Title bar?
Currently, since I use TinyMenu extension, the menus take up very little space, and this is what allows me to move everything else (awesome bar, toolbar buttons, etc) up to the menu bar.

Well, it is good idea, please try the new version:
v4.0.20100716pre: http://forum.moztw.org/download/file.php?id=10610
+ Improved: Move all Menu Bar items to Title Bar. (All items placed on Menu Bar will be move to Title Bar.)

Hi yuoo2k,

Well, I'm pretty much satisfied with the UI in 4.0 now, but I'd like to experiment with moving everything up to the Titlebar and see if I can do away with the menu bar altogether (as much as I have loved your Hide Menubar addon!!!)... so, does this still work? I don't see this option anywhere...
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Well, I'm pretty much satisfied with the UI in 4.0 now, but I'd like to experiment with moving everything up to the Titlebar and see if I can do away with the menu bar altogether (as much as I have loved your Hide Menubar addon!!!)... so, does this still work? I don't see this option anywhere...

Hello, Hide Menubar is incompatible with Personal Titlebar, please choose one of them, don't install both, thank you.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Oh... thats right, I forgot you separated them out into separate extensions after your first experiment...

Thanks...
bolobb

Post by bolobb »

Each time I update this addon is better, very good.

But there's a little thing I would like to be improved in next version: before installing Hidemenubar when I opened a context menu, I used to click alt key to make the context menu disappear, then only when the page was normal I clicked alt key to see the menubar. With Hidemenubar instead when I open a context menu and I click alt key it immediately displays the menubar and it's not so good for me, especially on full screen mode, when I can't see if menubar is hidden or not. Could you make the behaviour exactly as the FF default behaviour, or at least an option to choose between the two behaviours? Thanks.

PS: Also being able to see the menubar in full screen mode could be a good improvement.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

bolobb wrote:before installing Hidemenubar when I opened a context menu, I used to click alt key to make the context menu disappear, then only when the page was normal I clicked alt key to see the menubar. With Hidemenubar instead when I open a context menu and I click alt key it immediately displays the menubar and it's not so good for me, especially on full screen mode, when I can't see if menubar is hidden or not.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem, please try the new version:
v4.0.20110415 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: If Context Menu is opened, press [ALT] key shouldn't show the Menu Bar.
bolobb

Post by bolobb »

It works, thanks.

Now a good improvement could be the option to hide the useless (at least for me) FFbutton.
bolobb

Post by bolobb »

Ehm it don't works with all the context menus, for example with the noscript context menu the alt key shows immediately the menubar.
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

Could this extension be updated to support Thunderbird 6+?
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

It appears that Hide Menubar no longer supports Thunderbird?!?

Bummer! I don't even use Hide Menubar in Firefox anymore, since I switched to the Personal Titlebar.

Now, until Personal Titlebar adds support for Thudnerbird, I still need Hide Menubar...

yuoo2k?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Hello, please try the following new version:

v6.0.20110915 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Compatible with FX6+,TB6+
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

Thanks for the update, it works in TB6.