[ext] FlashGot 1.1 - Mass Media Downloader

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
johne_3065

Re: [ext] FlashGot 1.1 - Mass Media Downloader

Post by johne_3065 »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
therube wrote:@johne_3065

Here is a rapidshare link. (I cannot vouch for its' contents.)
http://rapidshare.com/files/118146952/f ... sm.xpi.zip

Alt+clicking the download button (not the above link itself) successfully sends/downloads it to/with my download manager.

Alt+click will work fine on the link itself as long as you've got a Premium account and your Premium Zone|Settings|Configuration|Direct downloads, requested files are saved without redirection via RapidShare option checked.

Yes, I do have a Rapidhsare Premium account. I went to the Settings and the "Direct downloads, requested files are saved without redirection via RapidShare" check box was set.

When I Alt-click on the above link, I again get a DAP pop-up window as follows:

I click Save. It downloads a file called flashgot-1.0-fx_mz_tb_sm.xpi.zip of size 8,057 bytes, and also opens another DAP popup window with this contents:
Name: flashgot-1_1.0-fx_mz_tb_sm.xpi_1.zip
Type: Compressed (zipped) Folder, 7.9 KB

I click Save on this pop-up window. This downloads a file called flashgot-1.0-fx_mz_tb_sm.xpi_1.zip of size 8,057 bytes, and opens another tab in the main Firefox window, and also a Firefox download pop-up window, which does not have any DAP download option.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@johne_3065:
Are you already logged in on the Firefox side?
Could you try with a different download manager, such as Orbit Downloader?
dennyhalim

Post by dennyhalim »

why no aria2?
aria2.sf.net
therube

Post by therube »

An earlier comment on aria2:
Giorgio wrote:Aria2 is not related to Aria. It's very powerful, but it does not have an UI.
You can try to use both, custom support for Aria2 can be added as explained here.

http://forums-test.mozillazine.org/view ... 5#p3969055
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
oldaccountbegone

Post by oldaccountbegone »

Giorgio could you add the ability to preserve youtube individual file names? something the video download helper extension does because mass downloading youtube videos results in all files with confusing get_video* file names.
Thanks
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@aliumalik:
Video Download Helper does not "preserve" file names.
It forges them, using page's title.
I could actually do something similar for the Built-in, GetRight and maybe some Linux-based download manager, but most Windows visual DMs don't accept a forced name and extract the real name from the URL or the content-disposition header. Unluckily, the real name for every Youtube movie is get_video.flv :(
johne_3065

Post by johne_3065 »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@johne_3065:
Are you already logged in on the Firefox side?
Could you try with a different download manager, such as Orbit Downloader?

No, I was not logged into Rapidshare in Firefox, but when I did, it made no difference.

I then changed to use Orbit Downloader. This was better when downloading one Rapidshare link. I still have problems when trying to down several links at once. They show up as html files in the popup window, rather than rar files, and do not get downloaded at all, that I can find.

Also, how do you set Orbit, so that the download is set to Schedule by default. At present, I am downloading the files one at a time and I want to schedule then to be after 12am, but I have to click more and then Schedule each time. Is there a way to make this the default?

Also if I start a download, and not schedule it, and then pause it and set to schedule, it continues to download. Is this a bug? In fact there seems to be many problems with the scheduler part of Orbit. I see in the Orbit forum that many users have reported the same problems.
antini

Post by antini »

Giorgio,

FYI the FlashGot site points to the old thread still.

Also, I'm working on a Metalink Internet Draft: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalink-02

If you have any comments/please let me know.
-- Metalink : Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads
rhigashi

Post by rhigashi »

First off, I like to thank Giorgio for his excellent work with Flashgot.

I'd like to ask the community for some insight/help/suggestions with an issue that I'm currently having...

My current config is:
Firefox 3.01
Flashgot 1.1.0.2
Free Download Manager 2.5 Build 758

From what little that I actually understand, Flashgot has 'support' for Megaupload links and from what I've read in the forum, Flashgot will find the actual file link and pass it to FDM. I do have a premium Megaupload acct and am already logged in prior to doing a Flashgot Link/All/Selection/Tabs. I know that I it worked in FFX 2x / FG 0.9x / FDM 2.1x (I'm sorry that I can't be more specific in the versions but I just don't remember what they were).

In my case, it appears that the Flashgot is unable to find the actual file link to pass to FDM.

For example:

Megaupload Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IGLE2E36

When I right click on the link and Flashgot Link, what gets passed to FDM is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IGLE2E36 instead of something like http://www194.megaupload.com/files/9574 ... .part1.rar.

After reading page after page in the forum, (and yes, I've tried the flashgot.redir.megaupload_com.force in about:config and the Megaupload direct download setting in various combinations) it's still not working as expected, so I've come here begging for help.

For grins, I've checked another machine that's got DownloadThemAll instead of FDM, and the result is the same.

Oh yeah ... other things:
Flashgot Options: Shown in context menu checked, Autostart downloads checked, I've tried Intercept all downloads on and off
FDM Options: Monitoring is off for FFx and Add FDM to browser context menu is checked.
The FreeDownloadManager Plugin 1.3.3 is disabled.

Any advice as to where else I can go look or do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ....

09-05-2008 -- Update -- Disabled all extensions except for FlashGot and still no-go. Also uninstalled FlashGot and then reinstalled FlashGot and still no-go (all other extensions were still disabled).
Last edited by rhigashi on September 5th, 2008, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
lianz

Post by lianz »

@rhigashi
I don't have MU premium. I don't see where is the problem, maybe an update of their script.

@Giorgio
Sorry for making a double post, but I don't know if you have seen my report : Depositfiles batch doesn't work anymore :/ Original links are not translated in the good ones.

I told this to DF which have answered :
Hello, we think - will be a time - and learn to understand our flashgot links

Can an english user could explain what they mean ? :lol: I don't understand what they want to say with "our flashgot links"
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@antini:
looks very good. Thanks for mentioning my name :)

@rhigashi:
FlashGot correctly send the original link (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IGLE2E36) rather than the final one, because if it followed the redirection (like it used to do in the first iterations of Megaupload support) the validity of the link would expire after a few hours, and the latest downloads of long batch would always fail.
This way, instead, your download manager can follow the redirection by itself as soon as the download actually starts, and have a "fresh" URL.
This works for me very well on FDM, provided that you did not disable cookies either in Firefox, in FlashGot Options|Privacy or in FDM.
The key are cookies, because it's the only way for FlashGot to send FDM Megaupload's authentication info, and for FDM to use it and obtain a valid final URL.

@lianz:
I assume we're talking about Depositfiles gold.
I just created a new test account for FlashGot.
Have you got a test page for me?
Thanks!

@everybody:
FlashGot 1.1.0.3 dev is probably the "ultimate" beta for the FlashGot Media feature.
As soon as I sort out the Depositfiles issue, it will probably become 1.1.1 stable.
therube

Post by therube »

Ugly icon, but that's OK.
Youtube file name picked up with Net Transport. (Older version of NT, 1.94, checked so far.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lianz

Post by lianz »

Yes Gold account. I made a test file : http://depositfiles.com/files/7739236
and a page with links in pm ;)
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@lianz:
I just included the depositfiles.com fix in a second drop of 1.1.0.3, so if you already downloaded this deveolpment version please do it again.
If no major showstopper is found during the next 8-10 hours, I'm gonna incorporate latest localization and release it as 1.1.1.
Thanks!
therube

Post by therube »

Unfortunately Net Transport (NetXfer) v2.74 picks up get_video.flv even though the link passed ... well did have the "file name" in the URL.

Media status bar icon appeared almost immediately, but there was a bit of a delay in the right-click context menu before (any) FlashGot options appeared. (EDIT: may have been an anomaly.)

Wondering if the forced filename code is generic enough to work on other sites? That way you could have an option to Use actual or Use forced filename. Forced being useful on other sites where the filename is otherwise some "random" alphanumeric.flv.

Maybe an option to Copy URL(s) from the Media status bar icon. (Using a 'To FILE' "downloader" would give it to you too.)

Orbit does pick up the Forced filename.

I see you use "/forced_filename" appended to the URL.
Last edited by therube on September 5th, 2008, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.